Having a Bad Day?

Just random question. I notice where I work, after I get done ringing up and finishing with a customer: Usually they leave and say like “Have a Nice Day.” Or “Have a good rest of your Day.” I appreciate that, they are being nice? But what if it’s the opposite? What if they said it? And I’m really feeling terrible and having the Worst Week of my life? Then what happens?

Just wondering what a normal response would be if someone says to you “Have a good Day.” But in reality, you are really NOT having the best day?

Bilbo Baggins:
Good morning.

Gandalf:
What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning. Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

Unfortunately it becomes a common phrase that's just thrown out there. But I think it's like a quasi handshake. Thanks- have a good day. I've often said you control your day. Yes, bad things happen, you can have a crappy day. But how do you react to it. One thing in customer service is that each person hits a reset button. You don't know what kind of day they've had, they don't know what kind of day you've had.
I do know this. After what happened near San Antonio yesterday, all the sudden gas prices, rising inflation and covid numbers spiking doesn't seem quite as important.

Zunardo has a plethora of stock responses, including:

"I'll be the judge of that."
"Not yet, but I hear it's on the schedule."
"That makes one of us."
"It's still early."
"Need another mocha cappucino before I can offer an informed opinion."

Zunardo has a plethora of stock responses, including:

"I'll be the judge of that."
"Not yet, but I hear it's on the schedule."
"That makes one of us."
"It's still early."
"Need another mocha cappucino before I can offer an informed opinion."

No "bite me?" I like to have at least one response that will create distance so it doesn't become a daily falsehood.