Have you turned you heat on yet?

19AL63

As of the 9th we have not, but I do not know how much more of my wife's complaining I will be able to take. The put on more clothing does not seem to be working as well as it was a short time ago.

I enjoyed my Ohio 15 minutes of not paying an energy bill. Bought a new filter for the heater, the aire was smelling a bit burnt and rusty first time it came on, which has been better than the drone of window AC and fans.

Rest of family was away for 10 days, so I was able to get by with a space heater in the living room for the times when I was home. No need to heat the entire house for just me. Everyone returned on Sat. night, so it was time to turn on the furnace.

First time today for oil and wood.Turned on the oil furnace for a couple of hours this morning. Our primary source of heat is wood, and we have a fire right now, but I'm allowing it to burn out this afternoon. May not build another one til possibly Thursday or a week from today depending on the accuracy of the forecast. I have a full 275 gallon oil tank and have only used about 200 gallons in the last 3 years, but I go through a lot of firewood.

Space heater in the morning to keep the feets warm. Average daytime temp this week will be 70, so it looks like the night temp will stay 66+.

Heat set at 64 night and 68 day. 11/01? Looking at fireplace/woodstove blower at the present. One day, I will bite the bullet and 'get 'er done'! ;)

Last edited:
Neighbors have a wood burning and pollute the neighborhood, so I never went down that path. If it was just me, the heat would still be off. It's on but I keep dropping it to 67-68 when no one is looking and it does not kick on a lot.

I've lived in Tucson for over 11 years and I have yet to turn on my heat. My house is made of adobe brick and provides superb insulation. On the rare chilly nights when my house thermo reads in the 60's, I just pull out an extra blanket and I'm as snug as a bug. As for the AC I have found that I have a high tolerance for heat. Unless the thermo is over 105, I don't turn on the AC. The water bills, on the other hand ....

I've lived in Tucson for over 11 years and I have yet to turn on my heat. My house is made of adobe brick and provides superb insulation. On the rare chilly nights when my house thermo reads in the 60's, I just pull out an extra blanket and I'm as snug as a bug. As for the AC I have found that I have a high tolerance for heat. Unless the thermo is over 105, I don't turn on the AC. The water bills, on the other hand ....
I must say you sound like the perfect person to live in Arizona.