Have You Become Your Father?

EagleGuy

I can see this in me - to some extent. For example, I usually drive 5-10 mph slower on freeways than I used to drive. - in the right hand lane, of course. No hurry.

Have you become your father? If so, how?

To some extent with

all my Outdoor projects around the house and landscaping.

Got rid of speed boat for a pontoon.

Got a dock so don't need to trailer it all the time.

My driving is opposite tho....drive faster than younger... opposite him.

Somewhat, but with some major differences, too.

Just recently, I commented that I'm turning into my dad. Dad used to love watching the women's NCAA softball tournament and I found myself watching several games last week. He used to eat a bowl of ice cream every night and lately I've been doing the same. And, yes, I drive much slower. Politically, I've become more conservative, like him, but most people do as they age.

Big difference: Dad was a devout church-going Catholic, through and through. Me, not so much...to say the least. ;)

Somewhat, but with some major differences, too.

Just recently, I commented that I'm turning into my dad. Dad used to love watching the women's NCAA softball tournament and I found myself watching several games last week. He used to eat a bowl of ice cream every night and lately I've been doing the same. And, yes, I drive much slower. Politically, I've become more conservative, like him, but most people do as they age.

Big difference: Dad was a devout church-going Catholic, through and through. Me, not so much...to say the least. ;)
So, re the softball....ya both became dirty old men¡

I have become my dad in that I can now discuss more and more TCM movies from the 40's and 50's, and wonder why Lawrence Welk's music isn't more appreciated these days.
A couple years ago, I was talking to some young people and I mentioned Lawrence Welk. Blank looks. They never heard of him.

Worse yet, many years ago, a young woman at my workplace never heard of William Shakespeare. I thought she was joking. She wasn't.

I can understand never hearing of Lawrence Welk, but Shakespeare? How can you get through high school without at least hearing about William Shakespeare?

So I was using something called Home Quote Explorer from Progressive to easily compare home insurance rates.................. was I hash tagging?
1622737436647.png

I would say no, but last week my wife said to me "I wish you could hear the things coming out of your mouth. You sound just like your dad. It's disgusting." So maybe I'm just in denial.

In many ways, yes. Nothing funnier than those Dr. Rick commercials for people becoming their parents. The truth in them is what is so funny.
For Father's Day in my card I put something like "Progressive Commercials tell us to not be like our parents. I think that is garbage. I would love to become my parents........
He loved it.

Retired. Loving and enjoying life after a long, successful career surrounded by a large family who all get along and are very close.

Yeah,
I would love to be my parents.