Has this ever happened before?

When looking at the state semifinal matchups, the Licking County League has four teams in the semifinals. Not only that, but they have one team in each division (Watkins Memorial in DI, Lakewood in DII, Johnstown in DIII, Newark Catholic in DIV). I'm not an expert on state softball history, but has this ever happened before?

I have been telling people about this remarkable achievement. The Dispatch ran an article today discussing the teams but failed to mention they were all from the LCL. Also, fellow league member, Heath lost in their regional final 4-3! We may never see this again in any sport.

Watkins Memorial has made the championship game against Massillon Perry in D-1. Newark Catholic falls to Cuyahoga Hts. 12 -6 in the D-IV semi final. There are two teams left (Johnstown D- III, Hebron Lakewood D-II) from the Licking County League that might be joining them. Could this be like the what the mighty MAC does in the football finals?

Last edited:
When looking at the state semifinal matchups, the Licking County League has four teams in the semifinals. Not only that, but they have one team in each division (Watkins Memorial in DI, Lakewood in DII, Johnstown in DIII, Newark Catholic in DIV). I'm not an expert on state softball history, but has this ever happened before?
Don't know, but is impressive, as is your username.

The one tournament accomplishment also worth bringing up regarding Licking County League softball: when Granville beat Lakewood in the D2 state championship game, in 2015.