Gop calls on Rep. Gonzalez to resign

The Ohio State Republican Party wants Rep. Anthony Gonzalez to step down from his seat in the House of Representatives.

So? I want him to step down or switch parties. I've got no use for him. This may shock you, but there are Ohio Republicans who would like my House Rep. to step down. Have you seen the Jordan threads?

Point is, all the wanting and asking doesn't mean crap if he won't oblige. Gonzalez is out of step with Ohio Republicans, just like DeWine. They should feel the heat.

Ohio Republicans still overwhelmingly still support President Trump. Nationally, Republicans still overwhelming support President Trump. President Trump will be the king maker in the 2024 election.

If you and Anthony don't like it, tough crunchies.

Reactions: y2h
The Ohio State Republican Party wants Rep. Anthony Gonzalez to step down from his seat in the House of Representatives.
Rep. Gonzalez is a elected official. Why should the Ohio Republican Party try negate the rights of the voters?
74 million great Americans supported President Trump. 81 Million opposed President Trump. Does that mean they are not great Americans too? Are they unAmerican because they believe differently than you? They are the majority by over 7 million votes.
A Close Election or Not?

"So did Biden win comfortably? Yes, if you go by the popular vote. In the past six presidential elections, only Barack Obama in 2008 won by a larger total vote margin than the 7,060,140-vote margin that Biden piled up. Likewise, Biden’s 4.5 percentage point lead is the largest win in the past six elections other than Obama’s seven-point win in 2008."

Unfortunately any attempt at bipartisanship is a definite no no by both parties. If being willing to compromise makes someone a Rino then we need more of them. And please find some Dinos to work with them.

Who cares. The popular vote is a meaningless metric when it comes to selecting the POTUS.

Politics concern me on the local and state level more than the national. I live my life on the decisions I make. How was your daily life changed so dramatically the day after Trump left office and Biden took over? The sun still came up and my daily activities never changed. I survived 8 years of Obama and 4 years of Trump. I lived my life everyday as I wanted. I find the national level of government as being a source of entertainment. When it comes right down to it, both parties are win at all cost driven. Party before country.
That’s where Trump differed, and thus became a target of the career swamp rats on the left and the right. He put country before party. That put the bullseye on his back, sadly.

Who cares. The popular vote is a meaningless metric when it comes to selecting the POTUS.
I agree. Gulliotine brought up the 74 million that voted for Trump. I pointed out that more voted against Trump so the 74 million is no big deal.

That’s where Trump differed, and thus became a target of the career swamp rats on the left and the right. He put country before party. That put the bullseye on his back, sadly.
I think you will find many Americans who will say Trump put himself before country and party.

• Haha
So? I want him to step down or switch parties. I've got no use for him. This may shock you, but there are Ohio Republicans who would like my House Rep. to step down. Have you seen the Jordan threads?

Point is, all the wanting and asking doesn't mean crap if he won't oblige. Gonzalez is out of step with Ohio Republicans, just like DeWine. They should feel the heat.

Ohio Republicans still overwhelmingly still support President Trump. Nationally, Republicans still overwhelming support President Trump. President Trump will be the king maker in the 2024 election.

If you and Anthony don't like it, tough crunchies.
I don't think the Right has the numbers to purposely alienate other Republicans who refuse to worship at the feet of Trump. Maybe you are right. Let Gonzalez run as an independent. I would still vote for him.

I don't think the Right has the numbers to purposely alienate other Republicans who refuse to worship at the feet of Trump. Maybe you are right. Let Gonzalez run as an independent. I would still vote for him.
They seem to be taking a run at minority rule....doesn't look promising, but the alternative is Trump the disrupter ruining them in the Fox Echo Chamber. Pick your poison.

I think you will find many Americans who will say Trump put himself before country and party.
He definitely had no issues going "over the heads" of either party if he felt a policy benefited the nation as a whole. He was also, unfortunately, put into defense mode...due to a coordinated political and media attack...from nearly his first days in office to his last. I'm not saying he always handled it well, because he didn't, but I do understand his frustration at the media glossing over his accomplishments for the good of the nation while constantly going negative on him 24/7.

They seem to be taking a run at minority rule....doesn't look promising, but the alternative is Trump the disrupter ruining them in the Fox Echo Chamber. Pick your poison.

Well, since we'll take over the House in 2022, and maybe the Senate, and win back the Whitehouse in 2024 unless you people jettison the unelectable fake African....minority rule should be something you're concerned about.

Wouldn't it depend on who runs against him? Could be a better candidate come election time. Maybe, maybe not, but I'm not married forever to people I've voted for. I evaluate them every election. And let's not forget they can't force him out of office. Only the voters can do that, but they can strip him of positions with their caucus. That's politics and he knows the game, I'm sure. I applaud anyone who takes a stand they truly believe in. Heck, I had little in common with Dennis Kucinich, but I respected that he was a true believer in what he saw as good politics/government.

I agree. Gulliotine brought up the 74 million that voted for Trump. I pointed out that more voted against Trump so the 74 million is no big deal.

I brought it up to demonstrate the vast majority of Republicans nationwide supported President Trump, and still do.

RINO's...not so much. Guys like Gonzales are on the fringe, and that's why they're on the way out.

Context is everything.

The 74,000,000 people that voted for Trump represent the 2nd highest voter total for a candidate after Biden's 81,000,000. This illustrates the deep division in the country as BOTH candidates were able to turn out the vote. For instance, Obama had about 4,000,000 fewer votes in 2012 then he had in 2008 and yet won reelection relatively easily.

I would also argue that the enthusiasm of the Trump voters was much higher then that of the Biden voters. I still see Trump signs in front of peoples homes all over the place. This is very unusual and I can't remember it happening in my lifetime.

And this ties back to Gonzalez in that it's one thing to express issues with Trumps behavior. It's a completely different thing to vote for Trump's impeachment. An impeachment that was clearly motivated by democrat politicking. Gonzales demonstrated that he was a useful idiot here. And we don't need useful idiots in the GOP. We have enough useless ones.

While this is aimed at Cheney it also fits Gonzalez:

Now, there is an argument that we must strengthen the GOP by addition, not subtraction. This is a moderately useful cliché, but it ignores some key facts in this situation. First, you can live with dissent, but you cannot have a turncoat in your crew, much less in the leadership, kissing up to the enemy media.

I would also argue that the enthusiasm of the Trump voters was much higher then that of the Biden voters
Only people who know very little about what is going on. It’s actually the laziest take a person can have on Trump. It truly is.
If the 81 million were not enthusiastic Biden supporters that would leave them as anti-trumpets. How can you say that the majority of the people do not feel that Trump put himself before country or party? It may not be the view that you choose to believe but it still doesn't mean that it is not the truth. Nothing lazy about it. It is your own bias speaking.

If the 81 million were not enthusiastic Biden supporters that would leave them as anti-trumpets. How can you say that the majority of the people do not feel that Trump put himself before country or party? It may not be the view that you choose to believe but it still doesn't mean that it is not the truth. Nothing lazy about it. It is your own bias speaking.
He did much to improve this country. What did he do for himself? The dude sacrificed the last 5 years of his life to do a job that he didn't need to do. Absolutly nothing self serving about that.

And this ties back to Gonzalez in that it's one thing to express issues with Trumps behavior. It's a completely different thing to vote for Trump's impeachment.
If he felt it was warranted his vote was the honorable thing to do. Gonzalez represents the people in his district. How can you say that his vote did not represent the majority view of his constituents?
An impeachment that was clearly motivated by democrat politicking.
Where is your proof? How can you say that the impeachment wasn't justified? I can't prove it one way or the other. How can you?

I would also argue that the enthusiasm of the Trump voters was much higher then that of the Biden voters. I still see Trump signs in front of peoples homes all over the place. This is very unusual and I can't remember it happening in my lifetime.
You guys talk about TDS and Never Trump Republicans and RINO independents. Let's be truthful he has shrunk the party to a WHITE/RURAL/NON COLLEGE EDUCATED minority. Mason was 46% Biden. The Anti-trump enthusiam is much larger than the pro trump cult. Hence Bidens 60% approval rates and Trumps approval below 40%. It is start It is historic.

• Haha
While this is aimed at Cheney it also fits Gonzalez:

Now, there is an argument that we must strengthen the GOP by addition, not subtraction. This is a moderately useful cliché, but it ignores some key facts in this situation. First, you can live with dissent, but you cannot have a turncoat in your crew, much less in the leadership, kissing up to the enemy media.
It seems we have actually strengthened by addition as well...
https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/11/majority-of-trumps-2020-voters-were-women-and-minorities/

New data from progressive analytics firm Catalist shows the majority of Trump’s support in the 2020 election came from minorities and women. Trump’s support grew to 57.2 percent from 54.8 percent in 2016. Trump made inroads among all minorities in the election, except for white men

Trump is THEE worst white supremacist EVER!!

If he felt it was warranted his vote was the honorable thing to do. Gonzalez represents the people in his district. How can you say that his vote did not represent the majority view of his constituents?

Where is your proof? How can you say that the impeachment wasn't justified? I can't prove it one way or the other. How can you?
Becuase the whole thing was fabricated. You seem to not understand this point.

You guys talk about TDS and Never Trump Republicans and RINO independents. Let's be truthful he has shrunk the party to a WHITE/RURAL/NON COLLEGE EDUCATED minority. Mason was 46% Biden. The Anti-trump enthusiam is much larger than the pro trump cult. Hence Bidens 60% approval rates and Trumps approval below 40%. It is start It is historic.
LOL! your post is so prescient

Hammerdrill - You don't really believe trump won and the election was stolen and worse the Jan 6th insurrection was justified? Even the GOP House members and Senators don't believe the Big Lie they are just playing politics to keep personal power. Just look at their statements.

He did much to improve this country. What did he do for himself? The dude sacrificed the last 5 years of his life to do a job that he didn't need to do. Absolutly nothing self serving about that.
He made the country the most divisive it has been since the civil war. He used his office for nepotism and cronyism. He hid behind the office of President of the United States to promote and protect his personal interests. He made admirable advances in the fight against Covid. He squandered that accomplishment by not taking ownership of it and advising people to take a shot he himself took. His actions were partly responsible for the attack on the capitol. He then sat back and did nothing to stop the attack. He undermined our constitution by questioning the legitimacy of the election without any concrete undeniable truth. He embarrassed our country and himself on numerous occasions. 81 million Americans felt he was unfit and had done a poor job as President of the United States. He served his base and only his base while turning his back on the rest of the nation,

Attachments

• FACTS 2021-05-11_20-49-37.jpg
    FACTS 2021-05-11_20-49-37.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 7
He made the country the most divisive it has been since the civil war. He used his office for nepotism and cronyism. He hid behind the office of President of the United States to promote and protect his personal interests. He made admirable advances in the fight against Covid. He squandered that accomplishment by not taking ownership of it and advising people to take a shot he himself took. His actions were partly responsible for the attack on the capitol. He then sat back and did nothing to stop the attack. He undermined our constitution by questioning the legitimacy of the election without any concrete undeniable truth. He embarrassed our country and himself on numerous occasions. 81 million Americans felt he was unfit and had done a poor job as President of the United States. He served his base and only his base while turning his back on the rest of the nation,
Sorry bob, but the divisiveness comes from the left, it is part of their playbook. You just aren't bright enough to understand that. Trump did nothing to enrich himself. You just don't like his personality. Your concern over the "attack on the capitol" is laughable. As if that was somehow more improtant than all of the violence and rioting that was taking place in many large cities. The entire impeachment charade undermines our constituion and election. The Dems were sure Hillary was going to win, when she didn't, they were going to remonve him by any means nesessary.

Wouldn't it depend on who runs against him? Could be a better candidate come election time. Maybe, maybe not, but I'm not married forever to people I've voted for. I evaluate them every election. And let's not forget they can't force him out of office. Only the voters can do that, but they can strip him of positions with their caucus. That's politics and he knows the game, I'm sure. I applaud anyone who takes a stand they truly believe in. Heck, I had little in common with Dennis Kucinich, but I respected that he was a true believer in what he saw as good politics/government.
I felt Biden and Trump were both too old to be running for office. I was totally dismayed with the choice we were given and I didn't want either one of them and still don't. The worst part of it is that I can think of anyone right now who would 100% support for the presidency.