Good job OHSAA

SM ROUGHRIDER

I wanted to take the time out to thank the OHSAA for successfully completing the school year.

it may have been in doubt due to the virus but we made it and I’m proud of the OHSAA for leading the ship. I wouldn’t want it any other way.

I hope the board of directors get their well earned Hawaii trip

here’s to next year!

No Hawaii plans for the NFHS right now. Here's the link to upcoming conferences:

Other than the knee jerk reaction to go to 16 playoff teams for loss revenue, I cannot complain much.

Last hoops......yeah they had to cancel with all the panic. Allowing HS to play games in the summer was a positive thing and how they pivoted for football was admirable.

Cannot complain too much...

In a similar vein of "normal sports-fans' punching bags doing their best to salvage sports in 2020-'21", thanks to all of the Athletic Directors. There was nothing easy about that job for the past two years. In my area, we had varsity football on a Monday, twice had games getting canceled after a bus had left (one time due to contract-tracing on a home team, one time due to contract-tracing to a player riding on the visiting-team bus), and had a thrice-rescheduled basketball doubleheader get combined with an opposite gender pair, to make it four-straight games between two schools at the same site. And, what outsiders like me can see probably isn't 2% of it, with individuals going on and off of the no-contact list, trying to track eligibility between in-person and virtual students, taking tickets when the volunteers can't come to a game that had been rescheduled to a bizarre day/time, and heaven-knows what else.

We complain about what nights and times events are scheduled at, and why do we schedule XYZ school that either are no competition, or we have no chance to compete with, so why won't our AD be a little more creative? Everyone complained about the number of available tickets, each site, each night. Heck, people complain about the positions of the wastebaskets. But, all of the schools that I've seen have had their Athletic Administrators and their staffs work their butts off to try to give their students some semblance of normalcy amidst the chaos.

(y)