• Middletown

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Sycamore the early favorite next year, assuming Burgess is good to go? Can Fairfield claim the title again with their young talent?
No, I think Fairfield again. This would be my early look:

1. Fairfield: Loaded junior class and balanced team.
2. Princeton: Only lose 2 seniors. Will continue to completely get after it defensively.
3. Lakota East: Trey Perry will be the best guard in the league and have other nice pieces returning.
4. Sycamore: Burgess is a good place to start, but they will need others to step up. May struggle to score.
5. Middletown: Landers is really good and they will return other nice pieces.
6. Mason: Weird team this year. Return 3 starters.
7. Hamilton: Return 3 starters.
8. Oak Hills: Return 3 starters.
9. Lakota West: Looking for a new coach and lose their 4 best players.
10. Colerain: They have a good coach. Need players.

Is Sycamore the early favorite next year, assuming Burgess is good to go? Can Fairfield claim the title again with their young talent?
Sycamore not the favorite at all next year I don't think losing 4 of the 5 starters. In fact I really don't know who is yet? You've got only 2 first team all leaguers coming back in Perry and Burgess and I don't see too much around either of them. Fairfield will be strong again but it will be a new look, as the juniors next year will have to carry the torch. Princeton should have a pretty good squad with some of the guys they have back. Mason, Oak Hills, and Middletown return a lot of players and I think could have decent seasons. West getting a new coach will change things up over there a lot. Their best player will also be a freshman more than likely and I do think they have the potential to surprise next season. Hamilton has Holden but I'm not sure whose going to step up around him. Colerain has improved under Kerr but they still don't have the guys to compete every night. This league will have lots of new faces unlike the past couple of years and as we know there's always stuff that happens over the off-season that is unexpected, but right now I'd go tiers and this is what I see.

Tier 1
Fairfield
Princeton
Tier 2
Mason
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Middletown
East
Tier 3
Hamilton
West
Tier 4
Colerain

Can Oak Hills really make the jump to a tier 2 squad? They weren't horrible, but I don't recall any of the younger guys that stuck out as difference makers.

Can Oak Hills really make the jump to a tier 2 squad? They weren't horrible, but I don't recall any of the younger guys that stuck out as difference makers.
This will definitely be interesting but possible for OH to be a Tier 2 Team next season. Freshman Team was pretty good most of season and lost in the Finals of the Fairfield Freshman Post Season Tournament. JV Team I think was middle of the road but had some of the better sophomores playing on Varsity some too. A 2 yr Varsity OH Basketball Player May choose to not play OH Basketball next season if he secures a D1 Baseball Scholarship during or after this Spring/Summer Baseball season.

This will definitely be interesting but possible for OH to be a Tier 2 Team next season. Freshman Team was pretty good most of season and lost in the Finals of the Fairfield Freshman Post Season Tournament. JV Team I think was middle of the road but had some of the better sophomores playing on Varsity some too. A 2 yr Varsity OH Basketball Player May choose to not play OH Basketball next season if he secures a D1 Baseball Scholarship during or after this Spring/Summer Baseball season.
I like them as a tier 2 team, but also my tier 2 is quite large. Went 7-9 in league this year which is near middle of pack and only loss major loss really is their best player. They have a good inside presence and other guys that know their role. If the player you're suggesting doesn't play I'd move them to tier 3 probably.

Sycamore not the favorite at all next year I don't think losing 4 of the 5 starters. In fact I really don't know who is yet? You've got only 2 first team all leaguers coming back in Perry and Burgess and I don't see too much around either of them. Fairfield will be strong again but it will be a new look, as the juniors next year will have to carry the torch. Princeton should have a pretty good squad with some of the guys they have back. Mason, Oak Hills, and Middletown return a lot of players and I think could have decent seasons. West getting a new coach will change things up over there a lot. Their best player will also be a freshman more than likely and I do think they have the potential to surprise next season. Hamilton has Holden but I'm not sure whose going to step up around him. Colerain has improved under Kerr but they still don't have the guys to compete every night. This league will have lots of new faces unlike the past couple of years and as we know there's always stuff that happens over the off-season that is unexpected, but right now I'd go tiers and this is what I see.

Tier 1
Fairfield
Princeton
Tier 2
Mason
Oak Hills
Sycamore
Middletown
East
Tier 3
Hamilton
West
Tier 4
Colerain

I know Fairfield's sophomore class is good, but I still think they take a small step back. Losing the 3 seniors is hard to replace and counting on a bunch of juniors playing against seniors in the GMC is a lot to ask.

I know Fairfield's sophomore class is good, but I still think they take a small step back. Losing the 3 seniors is hard to replace and counting on a bunch of juniors playing against seniors in the GMC is a lot to ask.
Senior class next year in the league will be very weak. Only returning double digit scorers that will be seniors are Burgess (Sycamore), Holden (Hamilton), and Stidham (Oak Hills). Burgess will also be the only clear cut D1 player in the senior class. The league will pretty much be dominated by juniors next year with Trey Perry and Jeremiah Landers as sure-fire D1 prospects, and Gabe Clemons very likely one as well (edit: did some research, and Clemsons will 100% go D1). Fairfield actually returns 6 of their 9 man rotation, which is actually quite a lot, and will be well balanced between guards, shooters, and bigs. Here’s what teams return (barring transfers):

Colerain: 6 out of 8, including all 5 starters
Fairfield: 6 out of 9, 2 starters
Hamilton: 5 out of 7, 3 starters
Lakota East: 3 out of 7, 3 starters
Lakota West: 5 out of 8, 2 starters
Mason: 6 out of 8, 3 starters
Middletown: 5 out of 9, 4 starters
Oak Hills: 5 out of 7, 4 starters
Princeton: 3 out of 8, 3 starters
Sycamore: 3 out of 8, 1 starter

Colerain stunk, so it doesn’t matter that they return 5 starters. Middletown returning 4 starters including a D1 prospect could be quite dangerous coming off a 12-11 year. Oak Hills returns 4 starters, but is losing their clear best player, so I can’t see them moving up in the league pecking order. 4 different teams return 3 starters. Princeton is one of them, but don’t have other players with varsity experience to supplement, although they were very good on JV and are most likely to land a transfer. Maybe they take a step back, but they will still be a tough out. Lakota East won’t have any depth, but the 3 guys back are really good. I see them about the same as this year. Mason lost their 2 best players but is going to have a ton of program depth. Again, I think they are about the same. Hamilton had a bunch of guys playing this year that weren’t varsity ready and lost their best player. They do return 1 very good player, but hard to see them much better. Lakota West lost their 3 best players and their coach (might be an improvement there though), and were 9th. Can’t see them moving up. Sycamore has the least returning production in the league, although they will return the league’s best player. They’ll be worse, but hard to see them out of the top half. Fairfield will have a lineup with 6-10 and 6-5 in the front court, with 3 guards returning, one that averaged 8 ppg, one that hit a game winning 3 in the Regional Semi, and one whose last name is Crim. Are you betting against Fairfield?

Last edited:
Senior class next year in the league will be very weak. Only returning double digit scorers that will be seniors are Burgess (Sycamore), Holden (Hamilton), and Stidham (Oak Hills). Burgess will also be the only clear cut D1 player in the senior class. The league will pretty much be dominated by juniors next year with Trey Perry and Jeremiah Landers as sure-fire D1 prospects, and Gabe Clemons very likely one as well (edit: did some research, and Clemsons will 100% go D1). Fairfield actually returns 6 of their 9 man rotation, which is actually quite a lot, and will be well balanced between guards, shooters, and bigs. Here’s what teams return (barring transfers):

Colerain stunk, so it doesn’t matter that they return 5 starters. Middletown returning 4 starters including a D1 prospect could be quite dangerous coming off a 12-11 year. Oak Hills returns 4 starters, but is losing their clear best player, so I can’t see them moving up in the league pecking order. 4 different teams return 3 starters. Princeton is one of them, but don’t have other players with varsity experience to supplement, although they were very good on JV and are most likely to land a transfer. Maybe they take a step back, but they will still be a tough out. Lakota East won’t have any depth, but the 3 guys back are really good. I see them about the same as this year. Mason lost their 2 best players but is going to have a ton of program depth. Again, I think they are about the same. Hamilton had a bunch of guys playing this year that weren’t varsity ready and lost their best player. They do return 1 very good player, but hard to see them much better. Lakota West lost their 3 best players and their coach (might be an improvement there though), and were 9th. Can’t see them moving up. Sycamore has the least returning production in the league, although they will return the league’s best player. They’ll be worse, but hard to see them out of the top half. Fairfield will have a lineup with 6-10 and 6-5 in the front court, with 3 guards returning, one that averaged 8 ppg, one that hit a game winning 3 in the Regional Semi, and one whose last name is Crim. Are you betting against Fairfield?
West has an extremely good freshman class coming in. A couple varsity ready? Possibly.

I don't think Fairfield wins the GMC again, and I don't think they'll win another district title. So, yes I am saying they will take a step back. I am not saying they will be bottom half of the GMC or lose in the first round of the tourney, just that they will take a step back. It's hard not to with what they've accomplished the last couple years.

Again, they lost 3 seniors who played a ton of varsity games over the last 3-4 years. Yes the juniors to be are very good, but it will take them some time to adjust to being the main guys at the Varsity level.

I don't think Fairfield wins the GMC again, and I don't think they'll win another district title. So, yes I am saying they will take a step back. I am not saying they will be bottom half of the GMC or lose in the first round of the tourney, just that they will take a step back. It's hard not to with what they've accomplished the last couple years.

Again, they lost 3 seniors who played a ton of varsity games over the last 3-4 years. Yes the juniors to be are very good, but it will take them some time to adjust to being the main guys at the Varsity level.
I like what Fairfield has coming back and I think they can compete at the top of the GMC next year but you are correct - how 2 or 3 of these guys adapt from being good role players to the "main" guys will determine how high they finish.

I’m not sure any GMC teams win District titles next year. I think Moeller and X will be better than any of the GMC teams. As for Fairfield winning the league, the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league over the last 2 years have been Sycamore and Princeton, and I think they will be taking small steps back too. Can Mason or Middletown rise to the top of the league? I don’t see Fairfield going 15-1 again, but they very well could be 12-4 and still at the top of the league.

Hearing a Moe player enrolled at Princeton... Look for others to leave Moe for obvious reasons.
Being recruited over would be my guess?

I think LaSalle will surprise some people next year too. They were very young this year. I'm not sold on X but Waleskowski is going to continue to get better and will be very good his Jr and Sr years.

I’m not sure any GMC teams win District titles next year. I think Moeller and X will be better than any of the GMC teams. As for Fairfield winning the league, the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league over the last 2 years have been Sycamore and Princeton, and I think they will be taking small steps back too. Can Mason or Middletown rise to the top of the league? I don’t see Fairfield going 15-1 again, but they very well could be 12-4 and still at the top of the league.
Completely agree with this. Don't expect one to win a District but doesn't mean that a GMC school won't pull it off. 12-4 or something like that is what I'm thinking as well. I thought that was going to be what would get it done this year, but Fairfield ran away with it. The GWOC loses a lot as well as Centerville may finally go back to reality. This opens the door for a big Cincinnati school to win the Regional.

They take the step back yes, but so does everyone else in this league. Every team but East and Sycamore lose their best player if not their 2 or 3 best players. The league is open next year but Fairfield has the pieces to win it again, Princeton might finally get over the hump as I think they'll be hungry, or maybe one of those Tier 2 schools I suggested surprises everyone.

Did you ever think the young man saw the writing on the wall, with the upcoming at Moeller that his playing time might be limited? Moeller has 2 subpar years and people like you think their program is imploding.
The kid that Im hearing that transferred would have no fears over who is coming up in the program.

No, not done but I think some folks are over his style of play.
I personally don’t like the guy, but I can even admit he’s a great coach. Hard to believe players are “over” him. I would think the state championships speak for themselves.

Transfers will happen . Moeller has a bunch of returning players who played varsity minutes including 4 starters. When you have a JV team that is 22-0 coming up next year the kids will start counting minutes available. I have no problem with kids leaving if they choose to do so. It doesnt mean they hate Kremer or think he doesnt know what he is doing. Maybe they just love the game and want to go where they can get more minutes. I know a few people who get on here love to see kids leave Moeller and want to blame Kremer or the system. But I will agree with the previous post that he didnt get all those wins and state titles by not knowing how to run a great program ! GBM

Transfers will happen . Moeller has a bunch of returning players who played varsity minutes including 4 starters. When you have a JV team that is 22-0 coming up next year the kids will start counting minutes available. I have no problem with kids leaving if they choose to do so. It doesnt mean they hate Kremer or think he doesnt know what he is doing. Maybe they just love the game and want to go where they can get more minutes. I know a few people who get on here love to see kids leave Moeller and want to blame Kremer or the system. But I will agree with the previous post that he didnt get all those wins and state titles by not knowing how to run a great program ! GBM

Wow, finally a smart and logical post. Thank you for that! There are a bunch of posters on here who you can tell, want to see the program underachieve. Well, that's not going to happen in all sports. The talent level at Moe is extremely impressive. All of the 3 major sports have been nationally ranked in the decade of the 20's and look for more of the same moving forward. Sorry haters!