-Jaxon Schreiber (Oak Hills) Sr.
-Michael Maldonado (Middletown) So.
-Jaiden Arnold (Princeton) So.
-Jack Ullom (Mason) Sr.
-Jason Lavender (Lakota West) Sr.
-Davon Darone (Lakota West) Jr.
-Lebron Powell (Lakota East) Sr.
-Andre Holden (Hamilton) Jr.

Saw Princeton’s preview. I think they will finish 3 through 5 this season in the GMC. Definitely will have good guard play and they actually have some good size in the front court

Top 3 players
1A. Nathan Dudukovich (Lakota West)
1B. Deshawne Crim (Fairfield)
3. Raleigh Burgess (Sycamore)

1st team all GMC
1.G Deshawne Crim (Fairfield) Sr.
2.G Delamarr Blanton (Middletown) Jr.
3.G Nathan Dudukovich (Lakota West) Sr.
4.F Izaiah Day (Middletown) Sr.
5.C Raleigh Burgess (Sycamore) Jr.

2nd team all GMC
1.G Riley Woods (Princeton) Sr.
2.G Cooper Matthews (Hamilton) Sr.
3.G Jack Kronauge (Lakota East) Sr.
4.F Charlie Hall (Sycamore) Sr.
5. C Amir Rogers (Fairfield) Sr.

3rd team all GMC
1.G Trey Perry (Lakota East) So.
2.G Ray Coney (Fairfield) Sr.
3.G Julian Mitchell (Lakota East) Sr.
4.F Ben Menker (Mason) Jr.
5.F Dorian Williams (Princeton) Jr.

Honorable Mentions
-Des Bolden (Sycamore) Sr.
-Austin Southerland (Sycamore) Sr.
-Bryce Darbyshire (Sycamore) Sr.
-Jaxon Schreiber (Oak Hills) Sr.
-Michael Maldonado (Middletown) So.
-Jaiden Arnold (Princeton) So.
-Jack Ullom (Mason) Sr.
-Jason Lavender (Lakota West) Sr.
-Davon Darone (Lakota West) Jr.
-Lebron Powell (Lakota East) Sr.
-Andre Holden (Hamilton) Jr.
Landers (Middletown)… From this list I guess will be a sleeper, one of the top Sophomores in the State… Also, would put Izaiah Day up for POY!

Last edited:
You know there is more than one conference that uses the initials GMC NWO has Green Meadows Conference that includes Tinora, Antwerp, Wayne Trace, Ayersville, Hicksville, Fairview and Edgerton. I’m guessing this is the Greater Miami Conference haven’t read a post but just figured I’d chime in with some NWO info there might be some confusion from others

Aware of who Landers is and he's certainly a good one. When I made the list of roughly about 25 guys I knew there would be some really talented guys left off. Has nothing to do with him, or any of the other guys who were left off not being talented and more to do with the amount of talent that's in this league at one time! Day does have a shot at player of the year as I think he will have some great stats, and is one of the best defenders in the league. Where the Middies place standings wise will be most important for his chances of winning that award.

I watched Hamilton vs Badin. I think Hamilton might surprise this season. My concern after watching this game is they don't really have a true point guard. I was impressed with I think his number was #3. He has the green light. They also have three 6'6 kids that can be a problem

Some good non con matchups tonight. Can Princeton hang and/or pull off the win with Moeller at home? Neither of Moe's tall guys played vs St Charles so if that's still the case, the Vikes shouldn't get outphysicalled.

Some good non con matchups tonight. Can Princeton hang and/or pull off the win with Moeller at home? Neither of Moe's tall guys played vs St Charles so if that's still the case, the Vikes shouldn't get outphysicalled.
51-31??? I need the details on this one!

44 Fairmont
54 East

East comes back after being down most of the game, and as much as 11 in the 3rd. Full court pressure and traps led to a run on turnovers. Fairmont finished with 16 and I'm willing to bet almost all were in the 2nd half, definitely double digits. Marrero (22pt) was a problem for East, but he was held scoreless in the 4th quarter, barely even touching the ball.

Middletown losses at Little Miami in a close one 48-46
Wow! This result is shocking to me. Nothing against Little Miami, but they shouldn't be in the same gym as Middletown. I guess some of the hype on Middletown is unwarranted. Kudos to Little Miami

Wow! This result is shocking to me. Nothing against Little Miami, but they shouldn't be in the same gym as Middletown. I guess some of the hype on Middletown is unwarranted. Kudos to Little Miami
I agree I thought Middletown would win this running away. No excuses but they are missing two starter caliber players to injury. In whole shooting 7-31 from 3 isn’t going to win many games no matter who you play

Moeller not at full strength. Land has not played and is their best player
Land would have made a difference but they still have AJ Mcbride who is one more serious D1 prospect than Princeton has.

Good debut from Princeton's Keven Adorno. I don't know where he was before this year, but apparently he has been part of Puerto Rico's youth FIBA program.

I agree I thought Middletown would win this running away. No excuses but they are missing two starter caliber players to injury. In whole shooting 7-31 from 3 isn’t going to win many games no matter who you play
I've seen a lot of the youth programs at Little Miami the past eight or so years through officiating and knowing some of the coaches. They've been building the program right. Tons of kids coming out for basketball, lots of influence trickling down from varsity. Also, lots of nice new AFFORDABLE neighborhoods going up attracting young families. Only a matter of time before they get truly relevant around the city.

I've seen a lot of the youth programs at Little Miami the past eight or so years through officiating and knowing some of the coaches. They've been building the program right. Tons of kids coming out for basketball, lots of influence trickling down from varsity. Also, lots of nice new AFFORDABLE neighborhoods going up attracting young families. Only a matter of time before they get truly relevant around the city.
Lawhon is a good coach.

I'm really liking the matchups for this Friday. Going to get a good guage of where everyone is at this point in the season. Only change I would make to make it better would be swapping LW and Colerain.

Last edited:
My early thoughts before the Friday nights league match-ups

1. Sycamore- Burgess looks like a top 50 prospect, this team will be really tough to beat
2. Fairfield- Crim playing at a high level will make them tough to beat on any night with the crew they have around him
3. Princeton- you beat Moeller by 20 ... enough said. Curious to learn who "Adorno" is. I had no idea about him.
4. East- This team is still very good, but a lack of "inside" presence will hurt them
5A. Middletown- tough week for these guys, they were missing some key players though. I think they will be much better than what they showed game 1.
5B. Mason- impressive week for these guys no doubt, many would say I'm crazy for not having them standing alone at 5. This team is much better than I initially thought.
7A. Oak Hills- Solid first win, they will continue to do what they do
7B. Lakota West- I have some doubts about this team, I'm sure Brownsburg was a very good opponent though
9. Hamilton- took care of business game 1, will need to see more though from them
10. Colerain- good first win, they've certainly improved. Will be a battle to win a league game though at some point I'd still imagine.