• Princeton (8-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (9-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (16-9)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They lost 3 juniors this year to football. All 3 could/would be starters. They have those 3 and they are definitely on top of the middle GMC tier, if not in the top tier with Fairfield, Sycamore and East. I brought this up a while back and got crickets in response, but is that Bolden's doing? Look at Colerain. Is he an athletic department killer?
The Colerain model is Football is king and it is all that matters. Not wanting their players in other sports is accepted and not questioned.

Was curious what the thinking was with East and FF. East doesn't seem to match up well with the Indians. FF is big across the board. Coney a strong 6'2 at the point with the other two guards being 6'3. East has no one to keep Rogers off the glass.
It'll be an interesting game to say the least, they only play once. I'm also interested in the Jan. 4th game against Sycamore for FF, Sycamore has size and pretty good guard play.

Was curious what the thinking was with East and FF. East doesn't seem to match up well with the Indians. FF is big across the board. Coney a strong 6'2 at the point with the other two guards being 6'3. East has no one to keep Rogers off the glass.
I actually don't think this will be that competitive. Fairfield is good and long at every position. I think East is learning their all-out press doesn't work against the better teams, and it won't against Fairfield. Adkins needs to get them back to their hard-nosed half-court man-to-man to have a chance against a team like Fairfield. Fairfield executes at a really high level and also get after it defensively. The only team in the GMC that at all matches up with them is Sycamore, and the only 2 other teams in the city that can match with them are Moeller or Elder.

1. Fairfield- Best team
2. Sycamore- Best win
3. Lakota East- Seasoned
4. Princeton- Most scrappy
5. Lakota West- One man team
6. Middletown- Getting better
7. Hamilton- Not impressed
8. Mason- Doesn't have enough
9. Oak Hills- Going to beat Colerain twice
10. Colerain- Needs more milk ?

I actually don't think this will be that competitive. Fairfield is good and long at every position. I think East is learning their all-out press doesn't work against the better teams, and it won't against Fairfield. Adkins needs to get them back to their hard-nosed half-court man-to-man to have a chance against a team like Fairfield. Fairfield executes at a really high level and also get after it defensively. The only team in the GMC that at all matches up with them is Sycamore, and the only 2 other teams in the city that can match with them are Moeller or Elder.
I would agree about the East match up. Haven’t seen the others this year. As long as Fairfield doesn’t get into selfishness they have the dudes to play long into March.

Good match up in Butler County tonight with the Bombers visiting.
Indians 70 Bombers 61
Warren County Battle:
Mason 53 Kings 46
Other:
Lancers 50 Oak Hills 41
Big Blue 71 Owls 54

Good match up in Butler County tonight with the Bombers visiting.
Indians 70 Bombers 61
Warren County Battle:
Mason 53 Kings 46
Other:
Lancers 50 Oak Hills 41
Big Blue 71 Owls 54
Hard to get a read on X so far this year. Only beat Hamilton by 2??? They are 6-6, 6-6, and 6-8 on their front line, which is as much size as anybody, but I'm not sure their guards are very good (although Semona at 6-8 plays guard).

Not sure Mason beats Kings, although Kings doesn't have the guards to cause havoc with Mason's poor ballhandlers. Kings can shoot it a little.

Lasalle and Oak Hills would have been one of the best games only a few seasons ago. Lasalle still has better athletes and will probably win.

Hamilton should take care of business against Mt. Healthy.

I didn’t understand the move made by Wyrick at the end of the game by not having Bronston out there instead of Rogers. You also have to give it to X for not panicking and playing their game when they were down

I said after the first week that they are very undisciplined with a lead, especially a large one. How good they will be pretty much comes down to that one aspect.
Last two 3s made by X were because Fairfield gambled in a passing lane and took themselves out of position, leaving the shooters wide open. Complete situational awareness. If they just play solid, they’re extremely difficult shots.

FF was up 9 inside the four minute mark and scored 2 the rest of the way last night against X. Maybe my earlier post was premature. Not a good loss on their home floor.

FF was up 9 inside the four minute mark and scored 2 the rest of the way last night against X. Maybe my earlier post was premature. Not a good loss on their home floor.
Fairfield was definitely the better team, but played poorly. They should have had a comfortable 10-15 point win. X is a solid team, but not a great one. They have two players in Vanover and Semona, but that's it. Fairfield left those two open too many times.

Mason 83 Kings 77 A little surprised by this score. I did just check last year's score and the Comets put up 93. Coach Richards is making sure the Knights know who rules Warren County.

All of the good Cincy teams have their warts this year. FF is not very good defensively and disciplined teams will take advantage of that. FF other problem and I think it's going to be a big one with Covid is they have a very short bench.

Real question is why did Woods play only 15 minutes w/ 1 personal foul??????
That cant be right. He played most of the game. Tolbert and Rogers both had reduced minutes due to foul trouble.
All of the good Cincy teams have their warts this year. FF is not very good defensively and disciplined teams will take advantage of that. FF other problem and I think it's going to be a big one with Covid is they have a very short bench.
Yes - St X was very disciplined running their offense and got a number of easy baskets after Fairfield would lose track of a man.

Speaking of (not so) short benches St X - I have been watching high school basketball for a long time and I have never seen a varsity team with 19! kids dressed.

It'll be an interesting game to say the least, they only play once. I'm also interested in the Jan. 4th game against Sycamore for FF, Sycamore has size and pretty good guard play.
Had 21 pts on 7-11 shooting (5-7 from 3) 2-2 FTs, 3 assists ... oh and his dad is on the bench!!!
I would have rather had the ball in Woods hands since he was on fire

Losing Julian Mitchell to East is going to haunt them eventually. Would have been a good player coming off the bench. They also had another kid quit after the Richmond Heights game