• Princeton (8-6)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (9-13)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West (16-9)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have this attitude anymore. What about the kid who "bides their time" and then gets recruited over with a transfer? The coaches and administrators have created this, the kids and families are just reacting to it.

None of what has become of the college or high school game, in many facets, is the kids' fault. None of it.

It's a struggle for control. It's happening everywhere. Too many people have been burned by "biding their time" and then the game changes. Nobody is willing to just wait around anymore, and for good reason.

No one is willing to play by the rules anymore because the rules have been abused and discarded. The school can bring in as many transfer as they want for sports reasons, but the kids can't decide to go somewhere else? If you're good with one, you have to be good with both. High school sports has lost its purpose completely.

How many AAU programs had "tryouts" this year for a money grab knowing damn well the team was already picked? How many teams are built on coaching relationships vs. picking the best talent? It's all a game and people are tired of being manipulated, so they take matters into their own hands and take back control. Can you blame them?
I will disagree with you on one point: Your second paragraph stating that none of it is the kids' fault. There are 15-year-old hustlers (players) as well as 40-year-old hustlers (coaches). It takes two to tango.

22-23
#1-Sycamore-they could be better than this year. Guard play will be better, and Burgess will be more mature.
#2-East, the returning players will be more consistent scorers and better in the style of play.
#3-Fairfield, lose 2 big pieces but still have enough. Rogers developing is key.
#4-Princeton, guards give this team much promise, maybe still a year away from contending for top spot.
#5-West, they return good pieces, but I'm not sold on their ability to get in top 4.
The battle for the middle-Does Mason have a coach? Middletown makes a good end of season run but
mostly led by Srs. IMO Hamilton is a mess. Lowlanders bring back good enough players to put them in the middle.
#10-The Colerain Cardinals.

22-23
#1-Sycamore-they could be better than this year. Guard play will be better, and Burgess will be more mature.
#2-East, the returning players will be more consistent scorers and better in the style of play.
#3-Fairfield, lose 2 big pieces but still have enough. Rogers developing is key.
#4-Princeton, guards give this team much promise, maybe still a year away from contending for top spot.
#5-West, they return good pieces, but I'm not sold on their ability to get in top 4.
The battle for the middle-Does Mason have a coach? Middletown makes a good end of season run but
mostly led by Srs. IMO Hamilton is a mess. Lowlanders bring back good enough players to put them in the middle.
#10-The Colerain Cardinals.
Interesting to start to think about next year. I agree Sycamore may be the favorite, however I also think they are losing the best player in the league from this season, which I have said before. I think it is hard to quantify all of the things that he brought to the table. I think Mason will be much improved, and the Middies will be very interesting without a doubt. As a Fairfield fan as well, I do think they take a step backwards just based on what they lose. Others are way off.

He shot 42% from 3 and 45% overall- that's really good for a volume shooter.

If he's shooting a bunch of terrible shots, but he's still shooting 42-45%, I'd say shoot some more terrible shots.

If he was as bad as everyone is saying he is with shot selection, I would have assumed his shooting percentage was terrible.

This all seems personal, which sucks because the kid is a very good player. I'm sure he has some things to work on too.
Shooting percentage for the season does not paint the whole picture- chucking up 3s when the game is close and missing to give the other team a fast break is a problem. From what I’m saw at the few East games I attended- this player needed to stop looking up in the stands for coaching. If you were to look at the play by play i think you would better understand the team/coaches frustration.

My son played at East three years ago. East’s problem last year was they had the JFP (Jocking for Position) syndrome going on. When Nate Johnson graduated, many of the returning players were trying to take over the throne in his absence (Peck, Coles, Kronauge) which at times made them unbearable to watch on offense. There isn’t a shot Kronauge doesn’t like. He will shoot in or out of a game. However, East will be a lot better this next season with the group coming back. I really think Mitchell will have a big season because he’s someone when given a chance, can score. Didn’t have many opportunities last season as he was setting up others to score on the team. Heard he was putting up big numbers on the AAU circuit and he may be used like a point forward at 6’5” next season from what a East coach told me.

My son played at East three years ago. East’s problem last year was they had the JFP (Jocking for Position) syndrome going on. When Nate Johnson graduated, many of the returning players were trying to take over the throne in his absence (Peck, Coles, Kronauge) which at times made them unbearable to watch on offense. There isn’t a shot Kronauge doesn’t like. He will shoot in or out of a game. However, East will be a lot better this next season with the group coming back. I really think Mitchell will have a big season because he’s someone when given a chance, can score. Didn’t have many opportunities last season as he was setting up others to score on the team. Heard he was putting up big numbers on the AAU circuit and he may be used like a point forward at 6’5” next season from what a East coach told me.
Please describe the "Point Forward"

Please describe the "Point Forward"
Magic, Lebron, Simmons...

I like Mitchell and believe he's going to have a breakout year next year. Not sure I see him his as THAT type of player though. My one suggestion would be to hit the weights hard this off-season.

Magic? LeBron? NBA basketball vs HS? Point Forward for a HS player is word salad.
He's a very good prospect. East always lifts so he's there. He's a player like many good HS players that can score a couple ways and make plays for others. "Point Forward" is a nice bio line on social media and for parents and friends to call him. Other than that.....:rolleyes:

Magic? LeBron? NBA basketball vs HS? Point Forward for a HS player is word salad.
He's a very good prospect. East always lifts so he's there. He's a player like many good HS players that can score a couple ways and make plays for others. "Point Forward" is a nice bio line on social media and for parents and friends to call him. Other than that.....:rolleyes:
The coach made the comment based on his skil set handling the ball and scoring. I’m sure he’ll get stronger during the off-season.

"Putting up big numbers" in the AAU season is relatively meaningless when it comes to the high school season. Mostly because coaches drive their control hooks into their high school teams.

LE has a great roster. Don't try to manufacture an advantage when you already have a talent advantage. Trust your talent and let it lead the way.

Most high school coaches can't do that because they CRAVE minute by minute control of every possession and personnel decisions.

Magic, Lebron, Simmons...

I like Mitchell and believe he's going to have a breakout year next year. Not sure I see him his as THAT type of player though. My one suggestion would be to hit the weights hard this off-season.
Lebron is a point forward, point coach and point general manager. A triple threat.