• Sycamore (8-16)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (7-16)

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Colerain (1-22)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting addition. I believe East will reclaim the throne as GMC champs. I like Fairfield to compete for the repeat but I think East has a real big chip on it's shoulder after underachieving last year. I forgot to mention Princeton as they were hit hard by Covid last year should be fun to see them come back with their team and another year under Wyant.

I know Sycamore has a 6”9 Sophmore that I am sure will play a factor this coming year too. West has a few solid freshman too! Fairfield has a 6”9 Freshman! Middletown’s freshman group is talented and only lost a few games in middle school. Went undefeated 7th grade. So should be fun to watch next few years!
The GMC is tough every year and we have teams with years of varsity experience and senior lead at the top of the league: Fairfield, East, Princeton unless these freshmen are ESPN/Rivals/247 Top 20-25 I don't see too many changes at the top at least this year. I'd say they have at least a year or two before we start talking about them being true factors. I've heard about the soph over at Sycamore but haven't heard anything since team camps or open gyms about him, I guess we'll have to see how it goes. One thing I will say is the league is top heavy this year so there could be a few surprises as the year goes. I could see West and the Middies upsetting a few teams

The GMC is tough every year and we have teams with years of varsity experience and senior lead at the top of the league: Fairfield, East, Princeton unless these freshmen are ESPN/Rivals/247 Top 20-25 I don't see too many changes at the top at least this year. I'd say they have at least a year or two before we start talking about them being true factors. I've heard about the soph over at Sycamore but haven't heard anything since team camps or open gyms about him, I guess we'll have to see how it goes. One thing I will say is the league is top heavy this year so there could be a few surprises as the year goes. I could see West and the Middies upsetting a few teams
Agree! I doubt many of the freshman will make a huge impact this year but for sure the next year or two you will hear about the 2025 class in Cincy! There is a good amount of quality players in it!

Sycamore has some talent. Will be interesting if Austing can develop 2-3 others to give them a punchers chance. He will make them better.

Agree! I doubt many of the freshman will make a huge impact this year but for sure the next year or two you will hear about the 2025 class in Cincy! There is a good amount of quality players in it!

I always felt that GMC basketball is way more intriguing than GMC football. GMC football the last 40 years for the most part has 1 dominating team per decade in Princeton and Colerain. Lakota West seems to be keeping that trend going for at least right now. GMC basketball has had numerous champions since 2005. Princeton, LE, LW, Hamilton, Oak Hills, Middletown, Fairfield, Mason, and Sycamore all have won or shared GMC championships

Sycamore could be pretty good this year...they have just about everybody back and they will be big. Southerland is a D-1 player. Their starting lineup could go 6'3", 6'3", 6'4", 6'7", 6'9".

I'd still pick FF (especially now that they have Tolbert in the mix) and East (the rumored transfer of Meadows is huge) to finish 1-2 in some order. Syc probably in the lead for 3rd. West has Dudukovich back and I think I heard their JV and frosh teams were pretty good last year. Can't ever count Mason out. Princeton has Hardman and I'm sure Wyant has managed to find a few other players to bring in.

Middletown, OH, Colerain definitely bottom 3. Probably in that order.

Overall this is definitely an up year for the GMC. Lots of talent.

I like the assessment, only thing in the way for a back to back chip for FF is if them playing unselfishly... if they play together I can see the going undefeated in the league

Last edited: