Global Warming

lotr10

You know this is going to be a hot topic again soon. The Biden administration will go all in on fighting human caused climate change. But are human activities really changing the global climate? If they are is the change extensive? And is the change bad?

Here's an interesting study on the topic:

Here's a solid summary of the above study if it gets to much in the weeds for you:

Bottom line is that this study indicates three things:

1) The science in not final on the topic of human caused climate change.

2) The Earth's climate is incredibly complex and we're just starting to understand it.

3) There is a lot of evidence that we're not warmer today then we've been at various times over the last 1,000 years.

Yea the warming descriptor needed to morph into change. Obviously to be vague and generic enough to say see I told you so about every and any climate variance that will ever happen.
Bow to the new religion.

It is climate change now.
It is much easier for them to argue that fact as yes, the climate changes, as it has done since the inception of the earth

Great point but this also speaks to the dishonesty in which some on their side approach this topic.

Scientifically, the strongest support for their theory are the greenhouse gas properties of CO2 which human industrial activity is releasing in great quantities (along with forest fires and volcanoes among many natural sources). The theory states that increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere will lead to global warming. For them to run away from this is the same as running away from their theory.

Decision has already been made. The worlds car manufacturers are going full electric. GM announced they will be complete electric by ‘35. Solar and wind are both in growth mode. Corporations are all on the same page in preparing for the turnover. Of course, the fossil fuel crowd is panicking, as their prospects dim. Argue this however you want, but the decision has been made. Lots of life changes ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Decision has already been made. The worlds car manufacturers are going full electric. GM announced they will be complete electric by ‘35. Solar and wind are both in growth mode. Corporations are all on the same page in preparing for the turnover. Of course, the fossil fuel crowd is panicking, as their prospects dim. Argue this however you want, but the decision has been made. Lots of life changes ahead.

This sounds like what soccer fans have been saying for decades about their sport in the USA. It will be big time any year now! And for the record I love soccer and am an FC Cincinnati season ticket holder but often what we want to happen doesn't happen.

Now I'm all for electric cars if they are better value then our current fleet. But you don't move from gasoline or gas/electric hybrids to fight climate change. You only change what you buy if all electric are better and/or cheaper vehicles.

When we are that point, what will they then place blame on? Humans breathing?

How's that green thing going in Texas right now? No panic, but that Green God you worship is vulnerable.

.5% of the cars made are electric...

So if we finally get to ZERO carbon emissions then what happens to the environment? Serious question because I've not heard one individual explain what the end result is to the environment 25 years out, 50 years out of forever years out?

For those of you interested in the skeptical take on human caused Global Warming this is a great clearing house of information:

My sister bought a Tesla and loved it. It had tremendous take off power and ran really smooth. She lives in Phoenix and basically drove it a few miles back and forth from a public school where she is the principal.

But she tried to take it a couple of times up to north of Sedona to visit some grandkids, her battery ran out, and she had to have it towed. She sold it. Lol. The electric car technology has come a long way, but they still have a long way to go in terms of practical use.

I'm a science guy, but not like Bill Nye - because I actually have skeptical questions. Before someone can get me to take the climate alarmism seriously, I need some science-based answers to a few fundamental questions:

What is the ideal temperature of the earth?

What is the ideal amount of polar ice?

What are the adaptive mechanisms the earth has to deal with greenhouse gasses?

Until someone can give me solid answers to those questions, I know that they are full of chit. You can't justify the alarmism without answering those questions - which makes me ask what is the real motivation behind the alarmism, and taking their proposed solutions as evidence, it has to be social/cultural neo-Marxism. So, put me down as a hard "no" on this theory at this point.

I saw a report on a study the other day that for most of the world's existence, there was zero ice at the poles. We must be in an ice age right now! Lol.

I saw a report on a study the other day that for most of the world's existence, there was zero ice at the poles. We must be in an ice age right now! Lol.
Yes we are and will be until all the glaciers on earth have melted, in other words their will be no more Greenland when the Ice Age is over.

This guy asked their science friend to explain the Greenhouse Effect in simple terms. The answer wasn't what they expected:

Here's another interesting link for the skeptics out there.

Keep in mind that global warming is not an existential threat to human civilization. Some have argued that it's likely to be a net plus. But there is little doubt that if we tip back into an Ice Age we are screwed.

Hardly screwed. An ice age doesn't come over night. People will just slowly move. ?

I'm not talking about the glaciers. Our civilization will have collapsed long before the mountains of ice arrive.

I can't find the link but years ago I read a science article on how quickly an Ice Age can come about from a climate perspective. While it would take centuries for the Glaciers to reach us the massive drop in temperature can happen within a decade. They know this from studying ice cores in Antarctica & Greenland.

Ice core research can actually detect the advent of an Ice Age by assessing the change in pollen/spore counts in a given ice layer. In between Ice Ages, like the one we're in now, the pollen layer is dense and diverse. But during Ice Ages the pollen layer is sparse with almost no diversity. The cold comes on real quickly and basically reduces and even kills off a lot of the worlds vegetation.

If we tip back into an ice age agriculture could collapse very fast. Sure the 1st world might be able to hold on and supply enough food to eat for at least a fraction of their population but the global population would be screwed.

The other challenge would be staying warm. Cold weather kills far more people then warm weather. And this would be cold weather on steroids. In the tropical regions the sudden appearance of winter for 8 months per year would kill off hundreds of millions of people if shelter & heating couldn't be provided.

I know one thing that would be true if another Ice Age happened - we would be thanking God for all the coal!

1613522528804.png