Global Warming

This intrigues me because I simply do not know enough.

Curious as to why? Again, I simply do not know.
Mass starvation has never been an issue from lack of production (since the industrial revolution). It has always been a geopolitical issue. Meaning war, corruption etc have been the causes of starvation. India saw a severe drought in 1979-1980 and faced a severe food shortage. They CHOSE not to import food stocks. Why? Because the elites who ran the country felt it was beneficial to them to let millions starve rather than part with dollars to buy food. It's not like there was a world food shortage at the time. In fact, that time period saw extremely depressed grain prices in the US because of over production and lack of markets. It was such an over abundance of production in the 80's that the CRP program was started. The Cropland Reserve Program (CRP) is a program that continues today. It essentially removes acres from production for 10 year via contracts with the Federal Government.

The idea that we have peaked in crop production is ludicrous. The 40 year average is a steady increase with good years and bad years but the trend is steadily increasing. Corn and Soybean yields have doubled in the US since 1980. Wheat has seen no real increase however. Why? Simple... no market. Farmers are capitalist. Wheat is not a high demand crop so our best acres are committed to corn and soybeans which are much more profitable. US wheat yields average around 40 bushels per acre every year for the last 40 years. Wheat grown in prime farm land in the corn belt can top 130 bushels per acre but it is still more profitable to grow corn and soybeans. Wheat is primarily grown in dry areas of the west where corn can not thrive.

Now imagine if other countries around the world had our expertise and infrastructure in agriculture. They would see their production continue to accelerate as well and food would be even more abundant. We haven't even scratched the surface on how much food this planet can produce.

How efficient is the American farmer?
Well, a dairy farm in California can grow all the feed it needs for 7500 cows on 2500 acres. Meanwhile the two largest dairy farms in the world are in China with a combined 140,000 milk cows. Those cows are supported by 33 million acres of farmland. That's a quarter acre per cow in the US compared to 235 acres per cow in China. All while the American cow will produce 3 times the amount of milk compared to the Chinese cow.

The rest of the world has a long way to go to catch up. If it ever does, there really is no limit to how many people this planet can feed.

What is stopping this from happening? Geopolitical dumbf*ckery. The same Geopolitical dumbf*ckery that has happened hundreds of times over around the world including India in the 80's.

As for is my point if view nonsense? We will all find out together over the next 30-50 years. Some won't be here to find out.

There are two types of farmers, those who think we will keep expanding production, and those who think under current pressure to go more green production has peaked. I'm in that second group.
All the data available says you're wrong but go ahead and stay in the second group.

Expand your question? I'm sure many different people or businesses buy farmland.

Why are you worried about this?

Biden’s weakness alone invites aggressive actions from bad actors. When Xi or Vlad holds the receipts for a chapter or two of Biden Crime Family corruption for leverage, maybe it gets worse….

1659273600941.png

Best buy with cheap financing is usually real estate. Great place for cash in the face of inflationary instability and sketchy stock markets, provided you can buy right

Mr ZPG Gates controlling much food production is a bit disconcerting
Gates owns .00027% of US farmland. He rents his land to local farmers. He really isn't controlling any food production.

Investment funds own 31% of US farmland.

5 times (1.3 million acre) the amount Gates owns was sold to developers last year alone.

Gates owns .00027% of US farmland. He rents his land to local farmers. He really isn't controlling any food production.

5 times (1.3 million acre) the amount Gates owns was sold to developers last year alone.
Investment funds are subject to ESG manipulation. That IS scary.

That info does not match what you hear electric car owners espousing. I hear charging is 45-60 cents per KWH. Assuming the 60 cents, most cars get at least 3 miles per KWH so that is a cost of 20 cents per mile. Current fuel is real close to same price.however charging at home for 12 cents per KWH, and your looking at 1/5 that costs so around 4 cents per mile.
I'm not pro electric but someone threw numbers out there that are incorrect. Charging is per KWH not per time.

That info does not match what you hear electric car owners espousing. I hear charging is 45-60 cents per KWH. Assuming the 60 cents, most cars get at least 3 miles per KWH so that is a cost of 20 cents per mile. Current fuel is real close to same price.however charging at home for 12 cents per KWH, and your looking at 1/5 that costs so around 4 cents per mile.
I'm not pro electric but someone threw numbers out there that are incorrect. Charging is per KWH not per time.
Bob22 posted a guys fact check of the MEME. Beyond the insanity of fact checking a MEME the guy seemed to know his stuff:

Here's my response to the fact check:

Seriously? This clown fact checks a MEME and then cries that the MEME exaggerates the point!?! Oh you should see my shocked face!

So let's consider what the fact check turned up:

The verdict? 3.59 hours — or 3 hours and 36 minutes to most humans. That’s less than half of what our sensationally misleading meme claims. At Electrify America’s $0.32-per-minute rate, that comes out to $68.93 for a full charge. With the Hummer’s claimed 320-mile range, that’s a mere $0.225 per mile — for our absolute, nearly impossible, worst-case scenario.

Just for kicks, a Ford Super Duty seems to average around 10 to 11 mpg while towing a heavy trailer. In Texas, the current average fuel price for 87 octane is $3.855 per gallon. That’s $0.35 per mile, more expensive than our hypothetically cursed electron-guzzling EV.

So, instead of eight hours it will only take three and a half hours to charge the EV. Wow what a relief. I hope the charging station has a good restaurant I can kill that time in.

And the Fact Checker shows that it would only cost $70 to get this charge not $154. This would allow the EV to go 320 miles according to the fact checker.

My 160,000 mile 4WD Ford Explorer gets 20 mpg mixed city/highway driving and has an 18 gallon tank. So with gas at $4.40 per gallon It would cost me $79 to fill my tank from empty. I could drive at least 360 miles on that $79 tank of gas. That comes out to $0.22 per mile.

And a $4.40 gas price is artificially inflated by at least one dollar per gallon by Biden's policies. If gas was at $2.50 per gallon my per mile cost would be a little over HALF what the fact checker claimed for his EV. And I could fill my tank up in less then 5 minutes!

Yeah, it's likely a super charger that takes a few minutes to charge, not 8 hrs.

Bob22 posted a guys fact check of the MEME. Beyond the insanity of fact checking a MEME the guy seemed to know his stuff:

Here's my response to the fact check:

Seriously? This clown fact checks a MEME and then cries that the MEME exaggerates the point!?! Oh you should see my shocked face!

So let's consider what the fact check turned up:

The verdict? 3.59 hours — or 3 hours and 36 minutes to most humans. That’s less than half of what our sensationally misleading meme claims. At Electrify America’s $0.32-per-minute rate, that comes out to $68.93 for a full charge. With the Hummer’s claimed 320-mile range, that’s a mere $0.225 per mile — for our absolute, nearly impossible, worst-case scenario.

Just for kicks, a Ford Super Duty seems to average around 10 to 11 mpg while towing a heavy trailer. In Texas, the current average fuel price for 87 octane is $3.855 per gallon. That’s $0.35 per mile, more expensive than our hypothetically cursed electron-guzzling EV.

So, instead of eight hours it will only take three and a half hours to charge the EV. Wow what a relief. I hope the charging station has a good restaurant I can kill that time in.

And the Fact Checker shows that it would only cost $70 to get this charge not $154. This would allow the EV to go 320 miles according to the fact checker.

My 160,000 mile 4WD Ford Explorer gets 20 mpg mixed city/highway driving and has an 18 gallon tank. So with gas at $4.40 per gallon It would cost me $79 to fill my tank from empty. I could drive at least 360 miles on that $79 tank of gas. That comes out to $0.22 per mile.

And a $4.40 gas price is artificially inflated by at least one dollar per gallon by Biden's policies. If gas was at $2.50 per gallon my per mile cost would be a little over HALF what the fact checker claimed for his EV. And I could fill my tank up in less then 5 minutes!
Makes more sense now.

I really wanted the electric f150 but did not put the deposit down on one so now they are saying at least two years out.

In the mean time I had my electric rate go up by more than 50%, heard that electric cars are expensive to dispose of when time comes to retire one, and batteries are expected to cost more that $20k for replacement and that could be in as few as 6 years.
Not quite as passionate about them as I was.

Makes more sense now.

I really wanted the electric f150 but did not put the deposit down on one so now they are saying at least two years out.

In the mean time I had my electric rate go up by more than 50%, heard that electric cars are expensive to dispose of when time comes to retire one, and batteries are expected to cost more that $20k for replacement and that could be in as few as 6 years.
I watched a video of some guys testing the lightning against an F150. Both were towing the same camper and both took the same road trip of 300 miles. The lightning made it 170 miles before needing to recharge. The F150 was on E on arrival but it made it there. They liked how the Lightning handled the tow but range was a big problem. Recharge time is a big issue as well on long trips.

As a daily commute an E vehicle makes sense but not so much if you are traveling more than a couple hundred miles at a time.

Does this clarify anything? That's farmland being discarded.

Gates and his view toward the earths population.

Gates and his Globalists brothers are brilliant

Makes more sense now.

When the battery powering the vehicle goes bad it's over. You're not selling that vehicle. Who would purchase an older vehicle with that possibility on the horizon?

If these goddamn Democrat pseudo-Greenie Neo-Marxists had a scrap of integrity, they would be pushing hard for net metering and the necessary infrastructure for any American that wanted to install solar panels on their property. We could actually cut fossil fuel generation and thrive at the same time. These people are all about controlling supply and creating misery

Ignore the cries of "WATTS UP WITH THAT" and actually read this article and visit its links. IMO this has been a major flaw in the Global Warming theory and data collection:

“If you look at the unperturbed stations that adhere to NOAA’s published standard – ones that are correctly located and free of localized urban heat biases – they display about half the rate of warming compared to perturbed stations that have such biases,” Watts said. “Yet, NOAA continues to use the data from their warm-biased century-old surface temperature networks to produce monthly and yearly reports to the U.S. public on the state of the climate.”

“The issue of localized heat-bias with these stations has been proven in a real-world experiment conducted by NOAA’s laboratory in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and published in a peer reviewed science journal.” Watts added.

Tonga's volcano sent tons of water into the stratosphere. That could warm the Earth

The violent eruption of Tonga's Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai volcano injected an unprecedented amount of water directly into the stratosphere — and the vapor will stay there for years, likely affecting the Earth's climate patterns, NASA scientists say.

The massive amount of water vapor is roughly 10% of the normal amount of vapor found in the stratosphere, equaling more than 58,000 Olympic-size swimming pools.

"We've never seen anything like it," said atmospheric scientist Luis Millán, who works at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Millán led a study of the water the volcano sent into the sky; the team's research was published in Geophysical Research Letters.

Most interesting quote from the article:
"We've never seen anything like it"