2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
A lot of people screaming LOOPHOLES.... When the issue is a DECREASE IN ENROLLMENT IN CMSD!!!!!!! FOOTBALL PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ATTENDING GINN ACADEMY SINCE 2007........... I AM A PROUD GRADUATE OF CMSD CLASS OF 99 COLLINWOOD WHEN THE DISTRICT HAD OVER 86,000 KIDS..... 23 YEARS LATER A LITTLE OVER 39,000 KIDS...... COLLINWOOD WAS D1 IN 1999 AND CURRENTLY D3 IN 2022..... THE MAJORITY OF THEIR TEAM ATTENDS GINN ACADEMY!!!!!!!! WHERE WERE THE COMPLAINTS WHEN GLENVILLE WAS BOUNCED IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST TCC AND NORWALK? ILL WAIT....... I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN SO MUCH HATE TOWARDS A TEAM...... GLENVILLE HAD THE 5TH HIGHEST COMPUTER POINTS OUT ALL REGIONS HIGHER THAN D1 SPRINGFIELD D2 HOBAN AND TCC TEAM THATS CURRENTLY COMPETING FOR A STATE TITLE......... WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID LET'S GO GLENVILLE!!!!!!!!!!

I’m still a little confused about the situation. The kids that play on the team, do they live in Glenville’s district? If they do, the CB should be 0. If they are getting kids from other areas, shouldn’t that increase their CB? Is it because Cleveland city has multiple schools, and you can choose to go to any of them? I thought the point of CB was to penalize teams that kind of combine talent from outside areas?

This is such an idiotic comment. You can have profound respect for someone and also criticize them.
You posted this around 9:30 on Monday morning. Unfortunately it was NOT the first time I was called an “idiot”, just the first time on this thread. Today. 🤣

Last edited:
Ginn Academy has been open since 2007
2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
Would be interested in hearing from someone who can look at this history of Glenville’s OHSAA determined division & still think they shouldn’t be playing for D4 state title Saturday night.

**Schools marked with a ** had additional students "added back" to their base enrollment count. These "add back" students attend either an online school sponsored by the district or a non-traditional school sponsored by the district which does not offer sports. Both these classifictions of students are permitted a participation opportunity back at the assigned OHSAA member school and are therefore added back to the base enrollment count.

Below, you can see that the male number 249 is not way out of whack with the girls at 213. If it was such a scam, wouldn't the girls numbers be much higher than the boys and not less? What am I missing?

652GLENVILLE**CLEVELANDNortheast249AA213AA

2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
A lot of people screaming LOOPHOLES.... When the issue is a DECREASE IN ENROLLMENT IN CMSD!!!!!!! FOOTBALL PLAYERS HAVE BEEN ATTENDING GINN ACADEMY SINCE 2007........... I AM A PROUD GRADUATE OF CMSD CLASS OF 99 COLLINWOOD WHEN THE DISTRICT HAD OVER 86,000 KIDS..... 23 YEARS LATER A LITTLE OVER 39,000 KIDS...... COLLINWOOD WAS D1 IN 1999 AND CURRENTLY D3 IN 2022..... THE MAJORITY OF THEIR TEAM ATTENDS GINN ACADEMY!!!!!!!! WHERE WERE THE COMPLAINTS WHEN GLENVILLE WAS BOUNCED IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST TCC AND NORWALK? ILL WAIT....... I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN SO MUCH HATE TOWARDS A TEAM...... GLENVILLE HAD THE 5TH HIGHEST COMPUTER POINTS OUT ALL REGIONS HIGHER THAN D1 SPRINGFIELD D2 HOBAN AND TCC TEAM THATS CURRENTLY COMPETING FOR A STATE TITLE......... WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID LET'S GO GLENVILLE!!!!!!!!!!
Don't try to debate Yappi posters with data and facts. It confuses most of them.

**Schools marked with a ** had additional students "added back" to their base enrollment count. These "add back" students attend either an online school sponsored by the district or a non-traditional school sponsored by the district which does not offer sports. Both these classifictions of students are permitted a participation opportunity back at the assigned OHSAA member school and are therefore added back to the base enrollment count.

Below, you can see that the male number 249 is not way out of whack with the girls at 213. If it was such a scam, wouldn't the girls numbers be much higher than the boys and not less? What am I missing?

652GLENVILLE**CLEVELANDNortheast249AA213AA
It's confusing. That Glenville number of 249 does not include Ginn boys, but the wording makes it seem like it does. Weird.

I agree. I have profound respect for Ginn, Sr. Yet the way he is going about it to get his state title is shady. But I guess he found a loophole. OHSAA has always treated the big urban districts different, i.e. transfer rules.
Big urban districts? Why not say what you really meant? Those black kids have all the advantages clearly they need put back where they belong. You have no respect for Ginn, why lie about it?

I wonder how many of those complaining about Glenville exploiting a loophole would pass on a loophole to save money on their taxes or on a purchase.
Bingo, I guarantee they find "loopholes" they exploit all the time, it's telling that even the slightest advantage given to "urban districts" is just too much of an problem for ethics.

It's confusing. That Glenville number of 249 does not include Ginn boys, but the wording makes it seem like it does. Weird.
Bingo, I guarantee they find "loopholes" they exploit all the time, it's telling that even the slightest advantage given to "urban districts" is just too much of an problem for ethics.
What exactly is the loophole Glenville is exploiting? It really just looks like the enrollment has plummeted since 2006. The problem is, the numbers don't seem to make sense, but I can't tell if it's in their favor or not? They dropped down to D2 for track and field and we go up against them now. My initial take is, how can they only be D2 when they have the Ginn Academy to draw from too, but it does seem like the OHSAA is including numbers for Ginn in Glenville's numbers and when compared to the girls numbers, it looks fair. However, what I do not know is how many of those Ginn kids actually participate in sports / Football at Glenville? If just half of them do, then the numbers for Glenville are way off. Again, I can't square it with the girls numbers.

None of what I have read on this thread explains it to me.

Why does everyone think Ted Ginn is such a great guy? He is employed as a security guard in CMSD and has destroyed every other program in CMSD by taking their top players. Lenoard Jackson( Old director of athletics in CMSD) was so desperate to win a state championship that he let it happen. Basically Ginn has the top athletes from 37,000 students across all of CMSD at the expense of the other programs. That fact is that he has been allowed to get away with things many never would!

Why does everyone think Ted Ginn is such a great guy? He is employed as a security guard in CMSD and has destroyed every other program in CMSD by taking their top players. Lenoard Jackson( Old director of athletics in CMSD) was so desperate to win a state championship that he let it happen. Basically Ginn has the top athletes from 37,000 students across all of CMSD at the expense of the other programs. That fact is that he has been allowed to get away with things many never would!
lol

Glenville has won the most track and field championships in the history of Ohio. out of the 17, only 3 have come since the opening of Ginn Academy. '07, '14 and '22. Ginn is the head track and field coach at Glenville. Why isn't he getting all those kids he is using for Football out for track and field as well? His track and field teams are not huge. They are very good, but not a lot of kids. I'm suspicious of the Ginn Academy numbers not counting towards Glenville's, but he seems like a very nice man in the limited interactions I've had with him.

The numbers don't seem to add up, but I cannot pinpoint if they are too high or too low. Again, if you step back and look at the girls numbers, it doesn't seem like there is an issue at all. Unless there are kids playing football and running track that are from other Cleveland Public schools that are not being counted and that 249 number is really much higher. It is odd that there is a zero for the CB number. It doesn't matter for track and field, but that 249 number should mean something and be accurate.

It does NOT. Because they go to a different public school. They do not go to Glenvile but they play football for Glenville because Ginn Academy does not offer football

2007 Glenville D1
2008 Glenville D1
2009 Glenville D1
2010 Glenville D1
2011 Glenville D1
2012 Glenville D1
2013 Glenville D2
2014 Glenville D2
2015 Glenville D2
2016 Glenville D2
2017 Glenville D3
2018 Glenville D3
2019 Glenville D3
2020 Glenville D4
2021 Glenville D4
2022 Glenville D4
EXACTLY! This is not some "loophole" Ginn found. Well done.

It does NOT. Because they go to a different public school. They do not go to Glenvile but they play football for Glenville because Ginn Academy does not offer football
So anyone that goes to Ginn Academy can go to Glenville to play football and count zero for CB? That is sort of a big loophole and sort of BS if you ask me. I can see a kid that lives in Max Hayes not counting because they don't have football at Max Hayes right? But Collinwood does have football and it seems logical that any kid that goes to Ginn from the Collinwood district counts towards CB if they go to Glenville for football, but would not count if they played at Collinwood. Not really in the spirit of the rule. That's an OHSAA CB issue. Not going to blame Glenville, but not a good look.

Lol. They had plenty of time to go down and score like they did. They won by 9 not sure how you figure they would have lost. They would beat 98% of the D2 teams, Hoban and TCC are the two I think could beat them.
Van Wert would have been up 35-34 with 2 minutes left and Glenville had 1 timeout. Van Wert probably wins if they get the 2.

Glenville went down and scored. Van Wert couldn’t handle #7 or #19. Glenville went right down and scored when Van Wert needed to stop them or lose and they didn’t. If Van Wert would have got the 2 they would have needed to stop Glenville two win. If they “probably win” why didn’t they literally win?
Van Wert onside kicked after they missed the 2. So instead of Glenville getting it at the 50 they get it at the 30? Plus Van Wert may have let them score to try and keep it a one score game and get the ball back.

I don't know whether or not he's a great guy but I do know he's done a hell of a lot of good for underprivileged kids over the years. The top D1 kids he coaches will get college attention either way, but the kids he really helps are those borderline kids that might not get the attention of colleges. He raises money and uses it to pack those kids onto buses and take them at no expense to combines and colleges where they can demonstrate their skills. As a result, many kids who otherwise wouldn't even sniff going to college get that chance, many as the first person in their family to do so. I think that's pretty darn laudable.

Maybe he takes kids from other inner city schools, but it has been a very long time since I can remember any Cleveland city school being much of a power. He stepped into a vast void, he didn't create it and if kids go there to play top level football and be seen by colleges, so be it and the best of luck to them. If another inner-city school has a problem with it maybe rather than whine they should work to create a program kids will want to stick around and play for.

You attack them because they're not playing Iggy, Eds or Mentor, but attack them because they're gonna play IMG? You anti-Glenville people just amuse me
I'm not anti anything.

I don't think ANY school in Ohio should schedule IMG. Glenville has NO chance against that "team." None.

And forgive me for suggesting that Glenville should renew some old, local rivalries. Sorry Mr. Ginn.

So anyone that goes to Ginn Academy can go to Glenville to play football and count zero for CB? That is sort of a big loophole and sort of BS if you ask me. I can see a kid that lives in Max Hayes not counting because they don't have football at Max Hayes right? But Collinwood does have football and it seems logical that any kid that goes to Ginn from the Collinwood district counts towards CB if they go to Glenville for football, but would not count if they played at Collinwood. Not really in the spirit of the rule. That's an OHSAA CB issue. Not going to blame Glenville, but not a good look.
Collinwood John Hay Euclid Richmond Heights Warrensville Hts all have players that attend Ginn Academy

You don't get it. That's OK.
I apologize for criticizing the mighty Glenville. It’s not the weather’s fault that Van Wert had receivers open the entire game, even on the first play where the VW kid slipped in the snow going for the ball! But sadly the weather only hurt Glenville.