GCL vs. GMC playoff games 2021

Pope Francis 1

The GCL swept the GMC in the 2020 match-ups 4-0 in the following games....
GCL vs. GMC playoff

#7 Elder 42
#10 Fairfield 39

#11 Moeller 43
#6 Hamilton 27

#7 Elder 26
#2 Princeton 21

#3 St. Xavier 10
#1 Lakota West 7

And now it's time for the 2021 playoff match-ups between the GCL & the GMC

Week 1 playoff games…

Moeller 35
Oak Hills 14

St. Xavier 37
Hamilton 7

Elder 55
Colerain 48 (OT)

2021 playoffs Week 2

Moeller 35
Fairfield 7

The GCL takes an early 4-0 lead as we head to week 3 of the 2021 playoffs.

Last edited:

This a stupid post. Why the hell you comparing 2 conferences? One has 4 schools in it, and recruits year in year out. Kids leave these districts to play for these private schools. Comparing public school Big team to private school Big team is senseless.

How about this start the X vs West game and let’s just see some good football.

This a stupid post. Why the hell you comparing 2 conferences? One has 4 schools in it, and recruits year in year out. Kids leave these districts to play for these private schools. Comparing public school Big team to private school Big team is senseless.

I wonder how many players have transferred from schools in Louisiana to play at Elder or St. X or Moeller. Anyone know?

Also curious if any players from Elder or St. X or Moeller have been quoted saying "We’ve had even more people than [the player who transferred from a school in Louisiana] join our team, people coming from all over the state and out of state."

I wonder how many players have transferred from schools in Louisiana to play at Elder or St. X or Moeller. Anyone know?

Also curious if any players from Elder or St. X or Moeller have been quoted saying "We’ve had even more people than [the player who transferred from a school in Louisiana] join our team, people coming from all over the state and out of state."
Any context for those comments?

Please notify the Ohio High School Athletic Association if there have been recruiting violations……….

All Schools (Public and Private) Recruit Students these days Mr. dumb dumb!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Really …. Might wanna tell Oak Hills, Sycamore and Mason this since their players get picked off for the GCL on a yearly basis.I’m sure they would like some transfers ?
Please notify the OHSAA immediately!!
And alert the media of this outrage
They’ll look into it right after they wrap up coverage of the stolen election. Oh ya they are busy covering the chip in the vaccine story so sit tight

Please notify the OHSAA immediately!!
And alert the media of this outrage
They’ll look into it right after they wrap up coverage of the stolen election. Oh ya they are busy covering the chip in the vaccine story so sit tight
old news …

Lakota West got a 4 star transfer from Louisiana.
You mean Jyaire Brown? He was always moving back to the area and his older brother had played for Bolden at Colerain. Not that Bolden didn’t illegally contact him (he probably did), but Brown was always going to go to Lakota West once he decided to move back to the area. This is nowhere near the level of what Moeller and Lasalle, and to a lesser extent St X, have done by reaching out to players going to middle school at GMC schools. This is a non-story. Suck it up buttercup.

You mean Jyaire Brown? He was always moving back to the area and his older brother had played for Bolden at Colerain. Not that Bolden didn’t illegally contact him (he probably did), but Brown was always going to go to Lakota West once he decided to move back to the area. This is nowhere near the level of what Moeller and Lasalle, and to a lesser extent St X, have done by reaching out to players going to middle school at GMC schools. This is a non-story. Suck it up buttercup.
Agree … Jyaire is from here. People have no clue what they are talking about. GCL wouldn’t have any players if it wasn’t plucking kids from these public schools. My point was u just can’t compare, so to me the post was stupid.

So what we've learned from this thread is that Jyaire Brown was "probably" "illegally" recruited by Tom Bolden (not my words), but that Lakota West has other "out of state" players who've joined their team, too.

Agree … Jyaire is from here. People have no clue what they are talking about. GCL wouldn’t have any players if it wasn’t plucking kids from these public schools. My point was u just can’t compare, so to me the post was stupid.
Report them.

Really …. Might wanna tell Oak Hills, Sycamore and Mason this since their players get picked off for the GCL on a yearly basis.I’m sure they would like some transfers ?

What makes these kids "their players?" I'm sure their parents would like to know.

They wouldn't?

Sycamore, and Mason have received Transfers from Moeller and other Private Schools. OH has received a couple Elder Transfers last few yrs and lost some too! You are right you can’t compare the education. Some people are tired of the Communist bs being tolerated and taught in public schools, even the “good” ones. Keep trying Mr. Dumb Dumb??‍♂️

Sycamore, and Mason have received Transfers from Moeller and other Private Schools. OH has received a couple Elder Transfers last few yrs and lost some too! You are right you can’t compare the education. Some people are tired of the Communist bs being tolerated and taught in public schools, even the “good” ones. Keep trying Mr. Dumb Dumb??‍♂️
I agree with you on the education 110% it’s much better, kids aren’t transferring to sycamore from moeller ? it’s called kids going back home. That’s what 50% of these kids do that can’t crack the lineups. Have u been around long Smarty? Lol

There is ZERO wrong with kids deciding to go back to their public school and not pay private school tuition. Sycamore has two basketball players that transferred from CHCA, and one of them is a D1 commit. However, their family has always lived in the Sycamore school district and the kids are now simply deciding to go to public school. How can you GCL homers not see how this is different than what the GCL schools do?

Also, the GMC schools report the GCL schools with pretty decent regularity. The OHSAA does not care. They only seem to care when players are going to an out-of-district, predominately minority school such as Princeton. Never mind the fact that Princeton is a much better high school than say Lockland or any of the CPS schools and these kids have non-athletic reasons for going to Princeton, but this certainly seems to be the only thing that puts the OHSAA’s panties in a bunch because god forbid we let inner city kids improve their academic situation at a different public school.

There is ZERO wrong with kids deciding to go back to their public school and not pay private school tuition. Sycamore has two basketball players that transferred from CHCA, and one of them is a D1 commit. However, their family has always lived in the Sycamore school district and the kids are now simply deciding to go to public school. How can you GCL homers not see how this is different than what the GCL schools do?
Agreed. There is also ZERO wrong with families deciding to go to a private school and pay tuition.

I agree with you on the education 110% it’s much better, kids aren’t transferring to sycamore from moeller ? it’s called kids going back home. That’s what 50% of these kids do that can’t crack the lineups. Have u been around long Smarty? Lol
Actually, by any standard you'd care to use, Sycamore is a better school academically than Moeller-- so there MIGHT WELL BE kids transferring to Sycamore from Moeller for a better education.

Actually, by any standard you'd care to use, Sycamore is a better school academically than Moeller-- so there MIGHT WELL BE kids transferring to Sycamore from Moeller for a better education.
That’s laughable. It’s not even close to education curriculum between private and public.

They only seem to care when players are going to an out-of-district, predominately minority school such as Princeton. Never mind the fact that Princeton is a much better high school than say Lockland or any of the CPS schools and these kids have non-athletic reasons for going to Princeton, but this certainly seems to be the only thing that puts the OHSAA’s panties in a bunch because god forbid we let inner city kids improve their academic situation at a different public school.
So basically students should be allowed to attend whatever school best suits their education needs--whether that's the public school closest to their house, another public school, a charter school, home school, or private school.

So basically students should be allowed to attend whatever school best suits their education needs--whether that's the public school closest to their house, another public school, a charter school, home school, or private school.
Cause it isnt always about education my man, it’s about athletics 90% of the time or they wouldn’t be going back once they can’t get in the lineup! It’s obvious quit acting like it’s all about education cause we all know that’s BS

Also, the GMC schools report the GCL schools with pretty decent regularity. The OHSAA does not care. They only seem to care when players are going to an out-of-district, predominately minority school such as Princeton. Never mind the fact that Princeton is a much better high school than say Lockland or any of the CPS schools and these kids have non-athletic reasons for going to Princeton, but this certainly seems to be the only thing that puts the OHSAA’s panties in a bunch because god forbid we let inner city kids improve their academic situation at a different public school.
The reason that the OHSAA does not DO anything about these contacts (that the GMC schools report to the OHSAA about the GCL schools) is because the contacts that you cite are NOT rule violations! (At least for X-- I know that Moeller has been sanctioned in the past for violating the rules, but I'm not aware of X, Elder, or LaSalle ever being cited.)

It is NOT against the rules for private schools to contact middle-school students, to try to get them interested in attending those private schools-- if private high schools did not do this, they would NOT have ANY students-- private schools do NOT have a built-in population of students that, by default, will attend that high school, if no action is taken by the school-- whereas ALL public schools DO. You bring up the contacts as if they were clearly illegal/rule violations, but you don't specifically show any evidence that they are-- and just imply that it is somehow wrong or illegal-- when, by and large, it absolutely is NOT. The few times where it was established that a rule was broken (e.g.- Moeller-- when Bob Crable was the head coach), the OHSAA HAS PUNISHED THE SCHOOL.

Cause it isnt always about education my man, it’s about athletics 90% of the time or they wouldn’t be going back once they can’t get in the lineup! It’s obvious quit acting like it’s all about education cause we all know that’s BS
That's anecdotal, sounds like more of a family problem than either of the schools, and I'm sure it's not anywhere near 90 percent.

Private schools need bodies in the classrooms to remain in business whether they are football players, chess players or FFA members. They have every right to recruit a student population.