Votes: 6 9.8%
  • St. X

Votes: 41 67.2%
  • Elder

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • LaSalle

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

All of the GLC teams will be good this upcoming season. Each team has a different flavor. But in the end StX probably has the most depth and the better collection of key players. StX did lose a handful of key starters, but with returner starters at QB, RB(2), WR, TE(2), OL(5), DL(1), LB(2), DB(2), K/P(1) and several other players that played significant minutes last season they are going to be really tough to beat.

Last edited:
Glad to see some GCL South info.
Hope the league can bring home another state title (or two).
I’ll gladly hand off the GCL South thread as it will free up my time to irritate those on other threads!
Thanks moesupporter12

I’d love to see the GCL South teams play each other twice each in the regular season. HOWEVER, I know the countless reasons why they don’t. Although…happened once when I was in high school (1991). Moe played Elder home and home in regular season. Elder swept them and kept Moe out of the playoffs.

St. X is still loaded with only 5-6 major contributors graduating. Returning is most of OL, QB, 3 RBs, WR, around just over half the defense. Ranked #23 in Maxpreps so a target on their backs for sure. Their schedule is murder with Lakota West, GCL South and Lou Trinity, to name only a few. It will be interesting.

St. X is still loaded with only 5-6 major contributors graduating. Returning is most of OL, QB, 3 RBs, WR, around just over half the defense. Ranked #23 in Maxpreps so a target on their backs for sure. Their schedule is murder with Lakota West, GCL South and Lou Trinity, to name only a few. It will be interesting.
Agreed… a loss or two for X during the regular season wouldn’t shock me. Looking forward to another fun season of high school football in Cincy!

Moeller is flying under the radar for now. They have arguably the fastest skill position players in the GCL-S and will be bringing back some very good underclassmen at RB and DB. Their QB was inserted into the starting rotation after 4 or 5 games last season and is poised to have a breakout year. The D-line is solid. Their biggest question is the O-line, They will be "handsome" as they break the huddle but they are replacing quite a few starters up front. They must have some success running the ball to open up the passing game. The combination of a normal somewhat relaxed off season coupled with a more experienced coaching staff should produce the desired effect Moeller fans are looking for. This team will surprise and should be in position to make a run in the playoffs barring catastrophic injuries and of course the "variant" Good luck and good fortune to all GCL-S teams. GBM

I have been to a few 7 v 7 competitions this summer. Moeller is included among the teams I’ve seen. They have looked good in the those key positions mentioned. I’ll be curious to see how that transfers to actual football games this fall. Obviously 7 v 7 is way different than an actual game.

Cincinnati Elder
08/20 N Covington Catholic (KY)
08/27 A Pickerington Central
09/03 H St. Louis St. Mary's (MO)
09/11 H Lakewood St. Edward
09/17 A Louisville St. Xavier (KY)
09/24 A Cincinnati St. Xavier
10/02 H Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
10/08 H Indianapolis Roncalli (IN)
10/15 H Mississauga Football North (Clarkson) (ON)
10/22 A Cincinnati La Salle

Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
08/20 A Liberty Twp Lakota East
08/28 H Louisville Trinity (KY)
09/03 A St. Leon East Central (IN)
09/10 A Ironton
09/17 H Cincinnati St. Xavier
09/24 H Cincinnati La Salle
10/02 A Cincinnati Elder
10/09 H Cleveland St. Ignatius
10/16 A Lakewood St. Edward
10/22 A Detroit Martin Luther King

Cincinnati St. Xavier
08/20 H West Chester Lakota West
08/27 A Cincinnati Colerain
09/03 A Powell Olentangy Liberty
09/10 A Mishawaka Penn (IN)
09/17 A Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
09/24 H Cincinnati Elder
10/01 H Louisville Trinity (KY)
10/08 H Cincinnati La Salle
10/16 A Cleveland St. Ignatius
10/22 H Eagle's Landing Christian (GA)

Cincinnati La Salle
08/20 H Cincinnati Colerain
08/27 H Cincinnati Winton Woods
09/03 H Bradenton IMG Academy (FL)
09/10 A Louisville Trinity (KY)
09/17 H Louisville Dupont Manual (KY)
09/24 A Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
10/01 H Indianapolis Cathedral (IN)
10/08 A Cincinnati St. Xavier
10/15 A Trotwood-Madison
10/22 H Cincinnati Elder

X dispatched Lakota West in great fashion but trailed 14-10 at halftime. Then had a quick Come To Jesus meeting and adjustment and shut em down 21-0 (28 unanswered) the 2nd half.

Week 4 -

Friday Sept 10th....
Moeller @ Ironton
St. X @ Penn (Ind)
LaSalle @ Lou. Trinity

Saturday Sept 11th.....
St. Eds @ Elder