GCL South State Titles

So sitting with a few friends from the GCL. Questions and Quesses arose...
Out of the four schools- who has won the most state titles (any sport)? in this Century- 2000 and on?

I think Elder would has the most in baseball and volleyball out of the GCL.
Moeller football, basketball
X swimming, Lax, Cross Country? I think Elder has 5 state titles in Cross country??

That can.t be right!!!! Seriously? Is there Fact check somewhere? I can see St X with that- but Elder just 8 in 20 years? I thought they had a fantastic volleyball program. and football? Wow! That is amazing

X swimming, Lax, Cross Country? I think Elder has 5 state titles in Cross country??
When was the last time Moeller won a State title at football? What was Elders last state title?

I believe X wins the swimming title every year? They probably have 50 state titles in swimming? I believe Elder has the most state titles of any Ohio Hs in baseball, maybe 10 of them? I believe they have 7 in volleyball.

I'm not sure since 2000?

I believe X wins the swimming title every year? They probably have 50 state titles in swimming? I believe Elder has the most state titles of any Ohio Hs in baseball, maybe 10 of them? I believe they have 7 in volleyball.

I'm not sure since 2000?
1999, 2000, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2016

I'm not sure since 2000?
I was just thinking more like thee Olympics- Per country. Overall amounts. I would think each may have a Specialty sport. Maybe we can break it down? Per Sport Title to compare and see which has been more dominant in each sport at the State Level?

OHSAA boys volleyball state titles - Elder -0 everyone else - 0
Boys volleyball in Ohio falls into the same category as Water Polo, Crew, etc. or Boys Lacrosse before 2017

I'm not sure since 2000?
I like GLC site. Really nice- and Elder has 11 Baseball!! Crazy. 9 before I was born. in the 70's. I think 2000 is a good place to start. I get the feeling that about that time (give or take) kids really started the crazy year round BBall/Baseball/Soccer stuff. Out side trainers and everything like that- To me (IMO) it is a different time than earlier. I mean LaSalle won their first in 1994 it sez. This will give all schools a good overview of the past 20 years in overall and specific team sports.

are those not State Sanctioned Sports? I guess at the next level referred to as Club Sports?

June 5th, 2019
_"The OHSAA Board of Directors met Monday — one day after the boys volleyball coaches association’s state championships — but there was no vote on sanctioning boys volleyball as an OHSAA “emerging sport.” After support this spring from the OHSAA’s Expanding Opportunities Committee, boys volleyball advocates had hoped the vote would come this week."
"About 80 Ohio high schools played boys volleyball this year, according to the Ohio High School Boys Volleyball Association’s website. That number would have to grow if the sport is to receive full state recognition." -daytondailynews

Yea I guess not? Seems silly to me. A lot more kids play and participate in Volleyball or Lacrosse than in tennis, golf, or swimming.
261 Boys swimming teams
386 Boys tennis teams
605 Boys golf teams
145 Boys LaCrosse teams - sanctioned starting in 2017

78 Boys hockey teams - grandfathered in; would not be state sanctioned today

87 Boys volleyball teams in 2021

261 Boys swimming teams
386 Boys tennis teams
605 Boys golf teams
145 Boys LaCrosse teams - sanctioned starting in 2017

78 Boys hockey teams - grandfathered in; would not be state sanctioned today

87 Boys volleyball teams in 2021
I would have NEVER guessed those numbers were so lopsided. I went to UVM and in Vermont the numbers were opposite. Hockey was Huge as well as LaX. Volleyball was on the rise. Basketball was the 2nd biggest - football was almost nothing as well as baseball. But Skiing- ranked number one. But also - when I was in Vermont there were more cows that people. Old joke was - What is the difference between a Townie girl and a Cow- 20lbs and a flannel shirt.

Pretty sure Moeller has the most baseball, volleyball, and basketball titles. GCL South teams have won something like 20 of the state volleyball titles since 2000. St. X leads in football or is tied with Lasalle if you want to include D2 titles.