GCL Player of the year?

Got the rundown on the D2 South teams as well. Unsurprisingly dominated by Badin and LaSalle. Was told a Royalmont rep didn't show up. Sucks that it's only 6 teams, but gives some kids a chance and boost of confidence that otherwise might not have sniffed any of these teams:
1st Team
Andrew Larkin (POY) - Badin
Ryan Bollhauer - LaSalle
Michael Schweinefuss - Badin
Will Strasser - Taylor
Evan Bolin - McNick
Tyler Walter - McNick
TJ Berrens - LaSalle

2nd Team
David Schweinefuss - Badin
Charlie Strunc - Roger Bacon
Nate Braig - McNick
Ben Popejoy - LaSalle
Ethan Cappel - Taylor
Matt Gagnon - LaSalle
Andrew Hegemann - Badin

Honorable Mention
Eli Halverson - Badin
Robbie Rapking - Taylor
Nick Hughes - Roger Bacon
Drew Goldschmidt - LaSalle
Jordan Brockman - Badin
Trent Herper - McNick

COY - Brockman - Badin
Coaches Achievement - Boeing - Taylor

Is there somewhere to see the GCL 1st and 2nd team list? It is not posted on the GCL site. Not even updated with the 2019 players. Who is running that site?

Per Elder Volleyball's Twitter Page:
1st Team
Drew Maune
Ben Albers

2nd Team
Joey Bianco
Mitchell Meyer
Piggy backing.. Adding from LaSalle and Moeller's twitter. I am assuming with X.

1st Team
JJ (Moe)
Reinhold (Moe)
Maune (E)
Albers (E)
Kastner (X)
Carmosino (x)

2nd Team
Bollhauer (LS)
Berrens (LS)
Carroll (Moe)
Meyer (E)
Bianco (E)
Schroder (X)

Is there somewhere to see the GCL 1st and 2nd team list? It is not posted on the GCL site. Not even updated with the 2019 players. Who is running that site?
I know coaches input stats and results, but not sure about the awards. I’d guess most of the coaches don’t input stats so other coaches can’t see them and so as to not provide a distraction to players throughout the season. Moe only added stats once the regular season was over.

Got the rundown on the D2 South teams as well. Unsurprisingly dominated by Badin and LaSalle. Was told a Royalmont rep didn't show up. Sucks that it's only 6 teams, but gives some kids a chance and boost of confidence that otherwise might not have sniffed any of these teams:
1st Team
Andrew Larkin (POY) - Badin
Ryan Bollhauer - LaSalle
Michael Schweinefuss - Badin
Will Strasser - Taylor
Evan Bolin - McNick
Tyler Walter - McNick
TJ Berrens - LaSalle

2nd Team
David Schweinefuss - Badin
Charlie Strunc - Roger Bacon
Nate Braig - McNick
Ben Popejoy - LaSalle
Ethan Cappel - Taylor
Matt Gagnon - LaSalle
Andrew Hegemann - Badin

Honorable Mention
Eli Halverson - Badin
Robbie Rapking - Taylor
Nick Hughes - Roger Bacon
Drew Goldschmidt - LaSalle
Jordan Brockman - Badin
Trent Herper - McNick

COY - Brockman - Badin
Coaches Achievement - Boeing - Taylor
I think that’s it’s a joke that Badins outside hitter, Eli Halverson, didn’t make at least 2nd team. He’s an absolute menace to the team and has been tops in the stats. On the other hand I think Julie Mulvey, the head coach of McNick was more deserving of Region COY. She had just the same amount of players on first team and she gives a little extra surprise towards the team and their success this season. Don’t get me wrong, Badins coach, Anitra Brockman, had a great season leading badin to one of the best seasons they have had. But, she’s done so much for the McNick vollyeball program, that’s she’s just waiting to be rewarded for her hard work. Everyone expected Badin to be good compared to the McNick all stars.

I think that’s it’s a joke that Badins outside hitter, Eli Halverson, didn’t make at least 2nd team. He’s an absolute menace to the team and has been tops in the stats. On the other hand I think Julie Mulvey, the head coach of McNick was more deserving of Region COY. She had just the same amount of players on first team and she gives a little extra surprise towards the team and their success this season. Don’t get me wrong, Badins coach, Anitra Brockman, had a great season leading badin to one of the best seasons they have had. But, she’s done so much for the McNick vollyeball program, that’s she’s just waiting to be rewarded for her hard work. Everyone expected Badin to be good compared to the McNick all stars.
I know this is a joke or only half-serious post, but if you're so upset, talk to Anitra. The coach picks the order for the nominations. Looks like she had him 5th on her list. Probabaly becasue he's not a Senior, whereas the other 4 she nominated were.

The other coaches probably voted more for seniors as well, whether right or wrong.

Eli's a junior and their OH2 so next year he should have a great chance at being 1st team. And, yes, his team and some stats were better than some guys on second team, but most coaches try to limit the number of players on an all-star team to only 2 or 3 and try to give players from all teams a shot at making something. Badin, LaSalle and McNick all had 2 guys on the first team so not sure how that argument works. You'd have been even more upset had Royalmont showed up to the meeting and gotten some of their guys on these teams.

As for COY, Anitra led Badin to wins over St. X, Fenwick and Alter (twice) and went to 4 against Moeller while McNick's only win of note is against Sycamore. I do agree that Julie is a great coach, but overall team record and who's beaten who will play a big role.

Last edited: