GCL Co-Ed Basketball 22/23

McNick wins Holiday tournament in Pensacola with wins over teams from Kentucky, Alabama and Tennessee.

Last edited:
CJ’s next game vs Wayne will be a treat. Wayne’s Rice vs Washington III will be about as good as it gets for high school basketball. Two of the best guards in OH.

Whom have they beat in their little win streak?
It's still wins. To call the streak or the team frauds would be saying they 1) they stole the wins somehow or 2) have been on here puffing their chest and overblowing their wins. Nobody has said anything about Fenwick on here this entire time except you. You worried about them or something?

I'll be at Fenwick/CJ tonight. Never been to Fenwick. Do I have to buy tickets online beforehand or are there sales at the door? Also does anyone know if young kids get in free?

Great game between CJ and Fenwick. Fenwick looked to not be up to moment. Had the foul advantage, getting into the bonus almost halfway thought the 3rd quarter and never knew how to take advantage of it. A lot of unnecessary forced shots and missed free throws in the second half helped seal their fate.

Fenwick came out ready to play and got on CJ early. CJ weathered the storm and got to where they needed to be by halftime. Again, Fenwick looked like they aren't ready for big moments like that just yet, but they can hang with the big boys though. Games like this will help come tourney time.

Wow kinda shocked that CJ-McNick game was that close. Alter shut down the rockets on Friday and I expected CJ to do the same. Must have been playing down to their competition? Anyone have any insight to what happened??

Wow kinda shocked that CJ-McNick game was that close. Alter shut down the rockets on Friday and I expected CJ to do the same. Must have been playing down to their competition? Anyone have any insight to what happened??
I scratched my head with this one too. Wasn’t able to make it down. The cookie cutter answer usually is “the kids were probably sluggish after the long bus ride… back from winter break.. yada yada.” With a team this talented and the opportunity to become one of the greatest CJ teams ever, you have to know you’re going to get everyone’s best shots and have to bring your A game every night. I’m sure they’ll be ready to play on Saturday for FTTH.

McNick is a tough place to play. Long bus ride as said, funky locker room, fans/students in the end zone. Plus they usually get after ya on the defensive end.

Alter gets a tough one tonight with Omnia Academy out of Finland. A little tune up game for Omnia before they take on the #1 team in the country tomorrow in Flying to the Hoop.

Alter gets a tough one tonight with Omnia Academy out of Finland. A little tune up game for Omnia before they take on the #1 team in the country tomorrow in Flying to the Hoop.
Looks like that Finnish team was pretty good. Were they High school age kids or some a bit older?

Just feel for those youngsters and Kreke at Badin. Get beat down by Alter on Friday then turnaround and play CJ tomorrow. Who will be playing with vengeance coming for blood.