GCL co/ed 2022

A quick review of the Knights ( and Firebirds). The Sophomore Quarterback Gavin Connor has a strong arm is mobile and is a nice athlete. I suspect as his career goes on he will be a good player. These teams combined for 6 turnovers in the first half. The score was 0-0 with 8 seconds to go in the half when Fairmont blocked an Alter FG attempt and returned it 72 yards for a td. Play was a game changer. Alter does not show much in the way of a dynamic runner and they were worn down by a lack of a running game. 27 carries for about 30 yards by my unofficial count. They threw the entire second half after an opening drive fg and a Drew Baker 74-yard run made it 17-0 Fairmont early in the third. I had Baker for just over 200 yards rushing for the game. I thought Alter's linebackers were solid but the line was overmatched and fatigued over the course of the game. I disagree with Knightnight about Alter being done. They are still well coached and will win their share of games. Just not as big a share as normal as they may not be able to grind things out on the ground. Connor will produce some passing success, which is fine stat wise, but does not win HS football games with consistency in my opinion. As he matures as a runner, they will get better. I see them winning more or less half of their games this season. Fairmont will not win in the GWOC with 3 first half turnovers....but they are also well coached and I love Dave Miller's run first approach. They missed a wide open long pass down the middle in the first half as well as fumbling on the Alter 1-yard line or this game could have been won by a wider margin. They will need to diversify their running game as well. Baker ( I will guess by style and substance he had a brother who was a nice back a few years ago) can carry the load against some teams, but will need a spell and an additonal threat for them to move deeply in the playoffs.

Fenwick 36 Franklin 14 Final. Fenwick controlled both sides of the line of scrimmage. Hooks made some great plays to keep drives going. Only thing that kept Fenwick from scoring 50 was penalties. Freshmen Vann had some nice touches and nice 20 plus yard td run to finish out the scoring. Surprised by Fenwicks kicker. Great leg. Putting kickoffs out of the end zone and can hit from fgs from 40 yard plus with ease.
Fenwick's kicker is a legit D1 prospect, huge leg, needs to tighten up the accuracy a little but he's for real and only a junior

Is Franklin any good?
They might get 3 or 4 wins. Decent running game. Couldn't stop Fenwicks running game. New coach so there will be some growing pains. But they run a up tempo offense. Coach might have to realize he doesn't have Northmonts athletes to run the style of offense he wants.

No they are done. Talked to some former state champions who said they saw Ed Domsitz outside the locker room crying and having a meltdown after the game. Might be Eds last year if he even finishes the season. Mental Health is a serious issue guys!
This is humorous coming from the same fans who support Jude Hooks, kid is complete head case and is no good for the program.

Knights did look dreadful, however they have 4 new starting OL, 4 new DL starters, one DE has never even played football before last season. The Knights receivers are legit and Russ may be able to give a Moore from Badin a run for his money. Knights struggled to look discipline mainly because half the kids have never played a varsity snap. Hard to give them hate for playing in one of the biggest games in Ohio which usually houses 8-10k fans. The Knights will grow throughout the year and I think will be able to finish 2nd or 3rd in the league.

Where is Eastmoor?
City League school in Columbus; Every few years, they put together a decent squad.

Franklin is terrible and so is Fenwick. Glad the Falcons won the pillow fight which means more Harbin points for when the rest of the league rolls up on them. Carroll had to use a Hail Mary to beat Ponitz (DPS) which is pretty bad too.

Badin will be on top of the league; let's see how Alter-McNicholas duel it out for #2 and #3, but other than that, there's a bad drop-off to the other three. Alter has dudes who can play, but lack experience and depth; loaded underclassmen and their junior high programs are stacked.

City League school in Columbus; Every few years, they put together a decent squad.

Franklin is terrible and so is Fenwick. Glad the Falcons won the pillow fight which means more Harbin points for when the rest of the league rolls up on them. Carroll had to use a Hail Mary to beat Ponitz (DPS) which is pretty bad too.

Badin will be on top of the league; let's see how Alter-McNicholas duel it out for #2 and #3, but other than that, there's a bad drop-off to the other three. Alter has dudes who can play, but lack experience and depth; loaded underclassmen and their junior high programs are stacked.
So you’re saying CJ is down as well?

Knights did look dreadful, however they have 4 new starting OL, 4 new DL starters, one DE has never even played football before last season. The Knights receivers are legit and Russ may be able to give a Moore from Badin a run for his money. Knights struggled to look discipline mainly because half the kids have never played a varsity snap. Hard to give them hate for playing in one of the biggest games in Ohio which usually houses 8-10k fans. The Knights will grow throughout the year and I think will be able to finish 2nd or 3rd in the league.
Was at the game. Russ was a non factor. Knights will be just fine. I would imagine the coaches will shuffle some things around and have players play.

Fenwick 36 Franklin 14 Final. Fenwick controlled both sides of the line of scrimmage. Hooks made some great plays to keep drives going. Only thing that kept Fenwick from scoring 50 was penalties. Freshmen Vann had some nice touches and nice 20 plus yard td run to finish out the scoring. Surprised by Fenwicks kicker. Great leg. Putting kickoffs out of the end zone and can hit from fgs from 40 yard plus with ease.
He’s been doing that since he was a freshman. Great leg. Great control. Great kid!

What’s the forecast tonight in the co Ed
badin in a tight one ?
Alter should roll ?
CJ should win ?
Fenwick should win ?
Mcnick toss up?
Carrol take a loss ?