Gas Tank Gary

Unfortunately everyone's favorite heavyweight has decided to enter the transfer portal. Stinks that he is going this route, but I understand why he is doing it and wish him nothing but the best in his transition to a new school. I know I'll be rooting for him to do well!!

Good Luck to Gary! Definitely some fun memories and absolutely rocked the Covelli during his matches. Flo put it nicely

• Gary Traub, better known as Gas Tank Gary, will be looking for a new city to open up his gas station in. Traub took the country by storm during the 2019-20 season with his motor and wins over Lewis Fernandes, Luke Luffman, Seth Nevills, and Thomas Penola. However, in the offseason, Ohio State added transfer Tate Orndorff from Utah Valley and he would win the starting spot and go on to become an All-American in St. Louis. Wherever he ends up, he's sure to be a fan favorite.

Traub will have legit AA potential with proper coaching, attention, and partners.
Id love to see him end up at a place like Lock Haven, Campbell...etc. Smaller School that usually have their team ready to swing on the big dogs.

ASpecialOne: As far as "proper coaching, attention and partners"- I know it just an opinion and no offense, but you do know who Tervel is and he does work with the heavyweights at TOSU.

Yeah of course - I didn't mean that he was not receiving those things at tOSU.

My point was that he needs to continue to get that. He went from being unranked, unknown largely to being ranked top 20 and likely wouldve won matches at NCAAs in 2020. He was treated well at Ohio State and definitely developed. Id just like to see that continue, because I think he could be a round of 12 - to AA type of dude.

Did you see him wrestle this season?

Cant say I did, honestly.

Well, I guess timing is everything. I just read on another prominent message board saying that Tervel is leaving. If true, huge bummer. Perhaps another reason GTG is in the portal.

ASpecialOne: As far as "proper coaching, attention and partners"- I know it just an opinion and no offense, but you do know who Tervel is and he does work with the heavyweights at TOSU.
No he is right. I have said it for years. Ryan great recruiter terrible teacher. Part of that is who he hires. Finally some people are starting to understand the problem lies with the head coach as it does with every sport.

Well, I guess timing is everything. I just read on another prominent message board saying that Tervel is leaving. If true, huge bummer. Perhaps another reason GTG is in the portal.
Tervel was going to go there last year if the job opened up there to be closer to family. I'm guessing Logan Stieber takes his full-time spot as coach at Osu. He just added collin moore on to coach at Stieber elite club team.

No he is right. I have said it for years. Ryan great recruiter terrible teacher. Part of that is who he hires. Finally some people are starting to understand the problem lies with the head coach as it does with every sport.

Ryan is aware of the deficiencies...

No such thing. ;) But yes Tervel is moving on...
Oh no! Where to?

tOSU shouldn’t have an issue getting a great replacement with what we pay coaches in salary. Ryan 300k+, jaggers 125k+, Tervel 100k+, Ralph 60k+... I assume they will bump BoJo into Tervels payed position and get a new volunteer assistant.

Oh no! Where to?

tOSU shouldn’t have an issue getting a great replacement with what we pay coaches in salary. Ryan 300k+, jaggers 125k+, Tervel 100k+, Ralph 60k+... I assume they will bump BoJo into Tervels payed position and get a new volunteer assistant.

I would rather they look for someone who isn't connected to the OSU program for the open spot. Just my belief that they need someone new in the room. A new set of eyes, different technique, strategy and etc... The problem I see with continuing to fill spots with old Buckeyes is they aren't doing a job of addressing weaknesses. An easy example is getting up from the bottom. I believe Ryan speaks about fixing the problem but it seems to continue every year.

It will be interesting to see how OSU's relationship with the Jordans goes from here?

I would rather they look for someone who isn't connected to the OSU program for the open spot. Just my belief that they need someone new in the room. A new set of eyes, different technique, strategy and etc... The problem I see with continuing to fill spots with old Buckeyes is they aren't doing a job of addressing weaknesses. An easy example is getting up from the bottom. I believe Ryan speaks about fixing the problem but it seems to continue every year.

It will be interesting to see how OSU's relationship with the Jordans goes from here?
Yeah probably wouldn't want to hire a 4 time state champ a 4 time national champ and a world champion to the full time mix?????? But could pass on bo i agree there.

outside of Cael who in the B10 is a better HC?

Brands cme to mind?
[/QUOTE

Iowa
2021 Champs 1st one since 2010 7 AA 1 Individual Champ
2019 4th 6 AA 1 Individual Champ
2018 3rd 5 AA 1 Individual Champ
2017 4th 5 AA 1 Individual Champ
2016 5th 6 AA

Ohio State
2021 9th 3 AA
2019 2nd 5 AA
2018 2nd 8 AA 1 Individual Champ
2017 2nd 6 AA 1 Individual Champ
2016 3rd 4 AA 2 Individual Champ

Last edited:
If OSU is listening or reading this, simple solution, Kolat, to OSU within 3 years of his hiring equals Big 10 and National championship runs EVERY YEAR, just sayin
I’m curious what it was about Navy job that Kolat liked better then Campbell?
Speaking of Campbell they have several kids in transfer portal

If OSU is listening or reading this, simple solution, Kolat, to OSU within 3 years of his hiring equals Big 10 and National championship runs EVERY YEAR, just sayin
Kolat has made it clear he's not interested in those big colleges I believe. He was at Campbell because he wanted to be there.
Since 2015; Champs, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd and a COVID 9th.

I’m curious what it was about Navy job that Kolat liked better then Campbell?
Speaking of Campbell they have several kids in transfer portal
He and his family are set up for life. Unless the wheels fall totally off. A bunch of those Camels, only a 'couple' were starters though, non scholly kids.