Gas Prices

Let's Go Brandon!!!
Brandon keeps winning
0DCF746B-5307-4B39-A23A-583F94AB8843.jpeg

It was an average of 2.79 a year ago. We feel fortunate if we get it for a dollar more lately.

Love how the media pipes out about how gas prices are dropping. Like we don't remember a year or two back.

Inflation still sky high, and price of fuel is a major contributor.

Retail gas prices have fallen almost everywhere over the past month, with the Midwest and South seeing some of the steepest drops.
  • Ohio had the largest fall ($1.36). Hawaii had the smallest (21¢).
: Inflation expectations are also falling. Inflation was flat in July, driven lower by a sharp fall in energy costs.

Retail gas prices have fallen almost everywhere over the past month, with the Midwest and South seeing some of the steepest drops.
: Inflation expectations are also falling. Inflation was flat in July, driven lower by a sharp fall in energy costs.
National average under $4 now. Biden is raking!

LOL you obviously get your talking points from SJ who said there was zero inflation in July. Inflation was up 8.7 % year over year not flat.

The people in the know keep telling me energy prices will rise again that this is not the end of inflation. One reason I keep hearing that is this new bill that is to slower inflation just added new taxes onto gas oil and coal. Did I hear wrong? Also I wish they would quit telling me that I can get 7500 tax credit if I buy a EV. Seems that no EV is being made that meets the requirements for the tax credit. Something about batteries have to be American made or something like that.

The people in the know keep telling me energy prices will rise again that this is not the end of inflation. One reason I keep hearing that is this new bill that is to slower inflation just added new taxes onto gas oil and coal. Did I hear wrong? Also I wish they would quit telling me that I can get 7500 tax credit if I buy a EV. Seems that no EV is being made that meets the requirements for the tax credit. Something about batteries have to be American made or something like that.
Wrong as usual.

When I take my SUV to the pump, my primary concern is that the total ends in .00. That way when I do my weekly checkbook reconciling (a sadly lost art) I know which of the Meijer purchases are gas and which are food. It’s expensive. That’s what happens the government prints another batch of phony money. Luckily we got old Joe over there licking the sandals of murderers like the nine or so predecessors did.

Did Biden open XL or issue lots more permits when nobody was looking?
No...he just asked the oil producers to lower their prices like he asked the mom and pop gas station owners to lower their prices because they don't have to eat steak when they get home from work, roman noodles is good enough for them.

No...he just asked the oil producers to lower their prices like he asked the mom and pop gas station owners to lower their prices because they don't have to eat steak when they get home from work, roman noodles is good enough for them.
So they went ahead and did what he asked? Damn ... Joe is a rainmaker!

Did Biden open XL or issue lots more permits when nobody was looking?
More likely we're seeing the impact from the recession. One of the first things hit is gas prices as demand slackens at the pump.

Wait until folks see their heating bills this winter - particularly those of us using natural gas and propane.

More likely we're seeing the impact from the recession. One of the first things hit is gas prices as demand slackens at the pump.

Wait until folks see their heating bills this winter - particularly those of us using natural gas and propane.
Nope, most smart people locked in their rate before this.

Yea those poor oil producers