Gas Prices

Is this $.55 a gallon discount a one time offer for signing up for the card?
No, it is 55 cents for the first year for any fill up so long as you have 100 Kroger points. You get one point for each dollar you spend on groceries. You can also purchase gift cards for things you would be purchasing anyway, gift cards are always worth two times the money in points ( ie 50 dollar gift card =100 points. We buy Chick Filet or Amazon gift cards since we are going to use them anyway. Digital coupons pay up to 4 times dollar spent in points. So anyway you get the picture, you need 100 points to trade for .55 off on gas but you also get the 10 cents off per hundred, so if I use 100 points we get .65 off, 200 points is .75 off, 300 is .85 off ..........

So that works for a year. Then if you spend at least $6,000 on that card in your first year (gas purchases do not count towards the 6k) you get .25 off for another entire year.

We expect to fill up once per week at 35 gallons so that is $19.25 additional saved per fill up , so $20 x 50 is $1,000 additional savings, if you only use the card for purchases you were going to make anyway, and you PAY THE CARD OFF EACH MONTH.

That eliminates almost 60% of those who use a credit card.
I suppose your right, but credit cards are terrible to use as a source of credit IMO. I have a real pet peeve for living above your means and know how quick that 18% interest can burn a hole in your financial portfolio.

I suppose your right, but credit cards are terrible to use as a source of credit IMO. I have a real pet peeve for living above your means and know how quick that 18% interest can burn a hole in your financial portfolio.
I went from 31 Dec 1999 through Nov 2017 without a credit card.
In hindsight...it wasn't smart to build credit as all I had was a mortgage and one car loan in nearly 20 years.

But I concur....too many do not have much self control. I got a couple since then mostly because twice my debit card was hacked multiple times and CC was a better option and with the cshback options...if you do it right ya can really make out and raise your scores.

Iran and Venezuela can reach a million barrels a day within a few months. It’ll take at least a year more likely a year and a half to bring online that volume domestically.
As far as the rest of your post I see it as someone who wants to avoid the transition and keep burning dinosaur bones. I’m okay with helping oil and gas along a little but not at the expense of the future.
So?
Do you realize that crude oil can’t be put into your vehicle’s tank?
According to the EIA US refineries are operating at 94% capacity. That is the policy issue that is causing problems, SJB’s desire to eliminate fossil fuel. Who would want to build a refinery when your own government is outspoken against you?

So?
Do you realize that crude oil can’t be put into your vehicle’s tank?
According to the EIA US refineries are operating at 94% capacity. That is the policy issue that is causing problems, SJB’s desire to eliminate fossil fuel. Who would want to build a refinery when your own government is outspoken against you?

Of course I’m aware of our refining issue. I’ve talked about it several times over the last few months.

Who would want to spend ten plus billion dollars to build a refinery? The product it makes is projected to decline over the next ten years. A wiser investment would be expanding our existing facilities.

We have spare capacity we can bring on line but the refiners don’t seem to want to bring it online. Do you think Biden should use the DPA and force them to do so? It’s the obvious solution to the problem.

Of course I’m aware of our refining issue. I’ve talked about it several times over the last few months.

Who would want to spend ten plus billion dollars to build a refinery? The product it makes is projected to decline over the next ten years. A wiser investment would be expanding our existing facilities.

We have spare capacity we can bring on line but the refiners don’t seem to want to bring it online. Do you think Biden should use the DPA and force them to do so? It’s the obvious solution to the problem.
Refineries are running at 94 % capacity, they need to shut refineries down from time to time for maint. purposes for safety reasons. Oil demand is suppose to increase from now till 2035 and no one knows how battery cars are going to sell, get a responsible GOP Adm. that cuts subsidies for battery cars and solar , wind projects and oil will be in demand for a long time. Once again Europe is full of windmills and solar fields and guess what they had to go back to good old coal, without major subsidies renewables are a joke (except nukes). Windmills have been around forever and solar has been in use since the 60's neither have ever worked and never will without the govt. susidizing them, that is a fact.

Unfortunately that is how it always works in the mid-terms. Then Republicans get in and everyone remembers why they can’t lead and they all get voted out. Been through it for almost 70 years. Only thing different now is Republicans trying to figure out how to cheat better to stay in power.
First, this isn't going to be "how it always works". It's going to be worse than that.

Second, you are correct in the sense that while Democrats are the problem related to very bad government policies, Republicans are often not the answer - because the spineless weasels muck things up.

You should have stopped before that last sentence. Breaking news: Dems control the white house, house, and senate. Have for 17 months. And those who live in very fragile glass houses shouldn't point their dirty fingers at others with accusations of cheating. Lol.

I might agree to a degree with you about Republicans - and lefties never seem to grasp this - but conservatives do not believe in power at any cost. We believe in the constitution and the electoral process it prescribes. We do not believe in "cheating" because that undermines the constitution. It's your side that believes in maintaining power at any cost. Don't transfer your filthy motives to me.

Iran and Venezuela can reach a million barrels a day within a few months. It’ll take at least a year more likely a year and a half to bring online that volume domestically.
As far as the rest of your post I see it as someone who wants to avoid the transition and keep burning dinosaur bones. I’m okay with helping oil and gas along a little but not at the expense of the future.
I have no problem paying a premium for my gas for the extra months it will take to get American oil pumping again. The alternative that you suggest - enriching and becoming dependent on America's sworn enemies Iran & Valenzuela is insane.

From a US national security POV you could make a better argument that we should end the oil & NG sanctions against Russia before we buy oil from Iran or Valenzuela.

Anybody who loves renewables - take a flight on a battery powered airline - see how far you go.
Germany demonstrates quite clearly that renewable energy sources are a fiction. No large industrial power has made more of an effort than Germany to move their energy production away from fossil fuels and to renewables. It's clear that this effort was a complete failure and only the availability of cheap Russian natural gas allowed Germany to maintain the lie that renewables were working for them. Now they are frantically switching back to coal and face crippling brown outs and energy rationing.

Maybe, Joe says it's a time of war, and Putin's inflation, blah blah blah

Most people are sick and tired of the demonization of the industry that has provided the energy we need to live our lives in comfort.

Too bad the nut jobs on he left won't give it up ..........................complete idiots.

Last edited:

No, I think this administration should stop its war on fossil fuel. But forcing someone to spend money because of stupid policy does seem like another dumb leftist suggestion. Refinery output is down to as low as 2015, after a record high in pre-plandemic 2020. Why did refinery capacity drop after a hostile (and inept) administration took over?

Most people are sick and tired of the demonization of the industry that has provided the energy we need to live our lives in comfort.

Too bag the nut jobs on he left won't give it up ..........................complete idiots.
They will NEVER give up their religious zeal to eliminate oil, gas and coal. It's the hill they will die on.

First, this isn't going to be "how it always works". It's going to be worse than that.

Second, you are correct in the sense that while Democrats are the problem related to very bad government policies, Republicans are often not the answer - because the spineless weasels muck things up.

You should have stopped before that last sentence. Breaking news: Dems control the white house, house, and senate. Have for 17 months. And those who live in very fragile glass houses shouldn't point their dirty fingers at others with accusations of cheating. Lol.

I might agree to a degree with you about Republicans - and lefties never seem to grasp this - but conservatives do not believe in power at any cost. We believe in the constitution and the electoral process it prescribes. We do not believe in "cheating" because that undermines the constitution. It's your side that believes in maintaining power at any cost. Don't transfer your filthy motives to me.
I will quote your orange idiot: “just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and Republican congressmen,” according to former acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue.”

I will quote your orange idiot: “just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and Republican congressmen,” according to former acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue.”
Again - you lie and distort. This time with the word "your".

Let's do an experiment. Try to make a statement about BOM or anyone you view as your political enemy that everyone will acknowledge as true.

Germany demonstrates quite clearly that renewable energy sources are a fiction. No large industrial power has made more of an effort than Germany to move their energy production away from fossil fuels and to renewables. It's clear that this effort was a complete failure and only the availability of cheap Russian natural gas allowed Germany to maintain the lie that renewables were working for them. Now they are frantically switching back to coal and face crippling brown outs and energy rationing.

You act like Germany’s switch over was expected to done and over by now and done flawlessly too! The truth is that Germany is pioneering a complete and total change in how energy is used and how society functions with it. It shouldn’t be a surprise it’s come with hiccups. Did the implementation electric power and the switch to internal combustion engines always go smoothly and to plan Lottie?

Frankly I don’t understand your resistance to renewables. Change that much of a problem for you? Sit back and watch human’s change the world we live in.

You act like Germany’s switch over was expected to done and over by now and done flawlessly too! The truth is that Germany is pioneering a complete and total change in how energy is used and how society functions with it. It shouldn’t be a surprise it’s come with hiccups. Did the implementation electric power and the switch to internal combustion engines always go smoothly and to plan Lottie?

Frankly I don’t understand your resistance to renewables. Change that much of a problem for you? Sit back and watch human’s change the world we live in.
Germany's switch over has been a total disaster. It has been far worse then having a couple of "hiccups". It was non-sustainable and suffered a complete collapse at the FIRST bit if pressure on the system.

It is a false comparison to claim that the switch from fossil fuels to renewables is the same thing as switching from horses and fire to electric & combustion engines. Electric power and internal combustion engines represented enormous leaps in technology. Switching from oil, coal & NG to renewables is a lateral technological move.

My resistance to renewable energy sources is simple - they are more expensive, inferior and more environmentally damaging then fossil fuels. They have NO hope of meeting our energy demands. The US has enormous reserves of fossil fuels (coal, oil & NG) that will last us centuries. By the time these resources run out we'll have long switched over to truly superior energy sources. And they wont be the classic renewable sources.

Germany's switch over has been a total disaster. It has been far worse then having a couple of "hiccups". It was non-sustainable and suffered a complete collapse at the FIRST bit if pressure on the system.

It is a false comparison to claim that the switch from fossil fuels to renewables is the same thing as switching from horses and fire to electric & combustion engines. Electric power and internal combustion engines represented enormous leaps in technology. Switching from oil, coal & NG to renewables is a lateral technological move.

My resistance to renewable energy sources is simple - they are more expensive, inferior and more environmentally damaging then fossil fuels. They have NO hope of meeting our energy demands. The US has enormous reserves of fossil fuels (coal, oil & NG) that will last us centuries. By the time these resources run out we'll have long switched over to truly superior energy sources. And they wont be the classic renewable sources.
There was a guest on WLW this week who stated that if you take all the storage capacity via batteries in the world today, you could power all of the electrical needs in the world for 75 seconds.

So as I was following along I naturally guessed that number was up quite a bit in the last few years. In reality the number is actually down as huge areas in India, China, Pakistan, and the continent of Africa are coming online faster than battery production can keep up. I read an article about California building lithium ion storage facilities, these huge facilities will supply California with .0009 % of their annual energy needs. We can all hope or wish the numbers improve, but the stark reality is we can not keep up with the new energy needs with solar, wind etc.

Last edited:

Amen. Wind and solar just do not work for mass energy needs, never have and most likely never will. Battery companies can't even make a cheap dependable AAA battery let alone a battery that can store energy for mass energy use. Heck you will be lucky to get 5 years from a car battery for a gas engine let alone a dependable, long lasting battery for an EV.

Pew Research Center found that in nearly all of 44 advanced economies, consumer prices have risen substantially since COVID hit.

• Among the 44 countries, the U.S. ranked 19th in change in annual inflation rate from Q1 of 2020 to Q1 of 2022.

• 1656251472833.png
Shoots all your theories about Biden’s policies being the reason for inflation.

Bi

Biden did say there will be another pandemic, so when we all get locked down in 2024 I expect gas to get low again.

Why Is There a Decrease of Worldwide Oil-refining?​

“The refining industry estimates that the world lost a total of 3.3 million barrels worth of daily refining ability since the start of 2020.

About a third of these losses happened in the United States, with the rest in Russia, China, and Europe, the experts say. Fuel demand crashed early in the pandemic. Before that, oil refining ability had not fallen in any year for at least 30.

However, global refining ability is set to expand by 1 million barrels per day in 2022 and 1.6 million barrels per day in 2023.”

Looks like the Iran Nuclear deal is back from the dead. The Iranians have come off their demands after figuring out Russia was going to squeeze them out of the illicit oil market.

It also keeps Iran from going nuclear which is highly advantageous.

Looks like the Iran Nuclear deal is back from the dead. The Iranians have come off their demands after figuring out Russia was going to squeeze them out of the illicit oil market.

It also keeps Iran from going nuclear which is highly advantageous.
They murder the gays and don’t allow abortions.

Why would anyone want to deal with them?

They murder the gays and don’t allow abortions.

Why would anyone want to deal with them?

The same reason we deal with the rest of the Middle East. They have resources the world need’s so guess what?

I mean I don’t see you advocating we drop China over Xinjiang do I?

Pew Research Center found that in nearly all of 44 advanced economies, consumer prices have risen substantially since COVID hit.

• Among the 44 countries, the U.S. ranked 19th in change in annual inflation rate from Q1 of 2020 to Q1 of 2022.

• View attachment 31019
Shoots all your theories about Biden’s policies being the reason for inflation.
If the United States could cause inflation here in the states to go down what are the odds that many of the other nations of the world would see a drop also?