Gas Prices

I can't find it for less than around 3.10 in Medina county. I'd take 2.70 at this point.

Also begging for more oil pumping by OPEC while cutting off our in house oil options is beyond stupid

I don't notice the price of gas all that much since my wife and I are working from home, but my kids sure do. I love that they are paying attention......but not that it increased.

1629232105097.png

Ohio average mileage driven per year = 14,278 miles/ driver

Average 24.7 MPG/Auto

578 Gallons/Year

~$0.35 Increase

$202 Cost increase per driver/per year

Or about 1/2 the annual food stamp increase.

Giveth and taketh away.

Ohio average mileage driven per year = 14,278 miles/ driver

Average 24.7 MPG/Auto

578 Gallons/Year

~$0.35 Increase

$202 Cost increase per driver/per year

Or about 1/2 the annual food stamp increase.

Giveth and taketh away.
I’ll take the $200 hit. Much better than getting a good deal on gas because of no demand during pandemic. I am so much better off this year.

Biden: “Please pretty please can you pump more oil and send to me, your friend, Joe”
OPEC: “Your last President made life hard on us because he made America energy independent and kicked us to the curb.”
Biden: “But I care more about you and Hunter could help you with the Russians and CHI-nuh.”
OPEC: “You can’t understand any of this, chit-for-brains. F-off.”

I’ll take the $200 hit. Much better than getting a good deal on gas because of no demand during pandemic. I am so much better off this year.
Have you done a cost benefit analysis on gas vs. electric for a year's worth of round trips to the Happy Time Yum Yum Spa?

Have you done a cost benefit analysis on gas vs. electric for a year's worth of round trips to the Happy Time Yum Yum Spa?
I decided to wait a couple years on the electric car. In 2-3 years every manufacturer will have several models to choose from. The deals will be much better. Can’t wait to see all the new stuff.

I decided to wait a couple years on the electric car. In 2-3 years every manufacturer will have several models to choose from. The deals will be much better. Can’t wait to see all the new stuff.
Just a question: How do you charge your electric car when the power goes out?

Biden: “Please pretty please can you pump more oil and send to me, your friend, Joe”
OPEC: “Your last President made life hard on us because he made America energy independent and kicked us to the curb.”
Biden: “But I care more about you and Hunter could help you with the Russians and CHI-nuh.”
OPEC: “You can’t understand any of this, chit-for-brains. F-off.”
energy Independent ...... banjo boy makes us dependent on foreign oil....... stopping our pipeline... but giving the thumbs up to his Russian pals..... stopping drilling permits.... another PLANNED attack on America......

Paid 2.58 at the Speedway on Cemetery Rd in Cbus today.

Must be a lost leader?
Whaaaaat?? Yeah, that price-switcher must be asleep, or he's taken pity on the folks in Hilliard. Prices in Groveport dropped suddenly to 2.69 on Thursday, then back up to 2,99 yesterday to get ready for Labor Day weekend.

Find another source. They are plentiful. Does gas power your house?
No gas does not but the company that used to be DP&L does and they have been know to fail and no power do I have. I do not own one of those generator things that gun by gas that some have. My vehicle is my other source. What is yours?

I don't notice the price of gas all that much since my wife and I are working from home, but my kids sure do. I love that they are paying attention......but not that it increased.

View attachment 20240
I’m guessing that you took advantage of the teachable moments with those gas price complaints, as did I with my own kids. I have the same sort of general ambivalence as a retiree, until I take a car trip.

The work from home thing - I know a few folks that love it. Do you ?

One of my friends doing it for Covid lives in a township, and was kicking about still paying muni income taxes to a city he now never even enters. The pipe fitter sitting on the other side of my buddy then proceeds to tell him that he always gets a different W-2 for each city he works in through the year. No taxes to where his company office is unless he is pre-building some type of a sub-assembly piece in the back of the shop. Work from home township guy was mumbling and grumbling until I got up and left.

Are you still paying city taxes to where your home office is ?

I’m guessing that you took advantage of the teachable moments with those gas price complaints, as did I with my own kids. I have the same sort of general ambivalence as a retiree, until I take a car trip.

The work from home thing - I know a few folks that love it. Do you ?

One of my friends doing it for Covid lives in a township, and was kicking about still paying muni income taxes to a city he now never even enters. The pipe fitter sitting on the other side of my buddy then proceeds to tell him that he always gets a different W-2 for each city he works in through the year. No taxes to where his company office is unless he is pre-building some type of a sub-assembly piece in the back of the shop. Work from home township guy was mumbling and grumbling until I got up and left.

Are you still paying city taxes to where your home office is ?

Yes discussed several factors that impact gas prices and also pointed out how much of each gallon goes towards taxes. Good conversation.

Not really a fan of working from home. Was able to go back several months ago, but not required. Very few people chose to go back so there was not any benefit (face to face communication, convenience of walking over to discuss a question, cafeteria closed) to being in the office. So I stopped going into the office after a week.

The city I live in has higher taxes than the city I work in. So it doesn't matter where my company reports me working from - get stuck paying the higher amount regardless. 1st 1.5% goes to where my office is and the other .75% goes to were I live. I'm not going out of my way to split out. Will file as it is reported on my W-2.

Prices will go up in coming weeks. Production in the Gulf was almost entirely shut down because of the storm.

Yes discussed several factors that impact gas prices and also pointed out how much of each gallon goes towards taxes. Good conversation.

Not really a fan of working from home. Was able to go back several months ago, but not required. Very few people chose to go back so there was not any benefit (face to face communication, convenience of walking over to discuss a question, cafeteria closed) to being in the office. So I stopped going into the office after a week.

The city I live in has higher taxes than the city I work in. So it doesn't matter where my company reports me working from - get stuck paying the higher amount regardless. 1st 1.5% goes to where my office is and the other .75% goes to were I live. I'm not going out of my way to split out. Will file as it is reported on my W-2.
Oh, for sure. Net is net. I get that.

With that said, home is home, too. If your home community is robust financially, I can understand a level of ambivalence. Charity can take many forms.

Oh, for sure. Net is net. I get that.

With that said, home is home, too. If your home community is robust financially, I can understand a level of ambivalence. Charity can take many forms.

True, it is my way of expressing my disgust with the higher level of taxes tied to services that are no better than the other burbs and that is without a full time fire department. Plus, multiple council members didn't even know that we pay a higher tax rate until I brought it up to them in private conversations.

Then again it was found that in the city where I work they are just dumping turds into the river untreated....so there is that.