Funnel Cake or Elephant Ear?

14Red

With fair season in full swing, what is your choice, funnel cake or elephant ear?

I think for a funnel cake, it's required to use powdered sugar....:p

Really? In that case, I just might try it!

hqdefault.jpg

I am old and fat. You would think I would have tried one or the other. I haven't. I had to search "elephant ear" to get an idea of what it is. I can't say I have ever seen an "elephant ear" at a fair. I see Funnel Cake stands, but can't recall an "Elephant Ear" stand.

Speaking of fair food.... I am looking forward to my first Carmel Apple of the fall.

I can top that! I had to google both, though I had heard of funnel cake.

That said, I'll take the carmel apple - damn the fillings! :devilish:
Well, hopefully it's an apple filled carmel apple. Like that occasional chocolate covered cherry with no cherry? Sucky surprise when the apple is missing. It's just a Sugar Daddy blown into a bubble.

Elephant Ears and Funnel Cakes? Nope never had. Sound like a flattened churro. Those I like.

Well, hopefully it's an apple filled carmel apple. Like that occasional chocolate covered cherry with no cherry? Sucky surprise when the apple is missing. It's just a Sugar Daddy blown into a bubble.

Elephant Ears and Funnel Cakes? Nope never had. Sound like a flattened churro. Those I like.
Had churros made by a street vendor during an afternoon in Tijuana. He prepared them on demand. Very good, very good.

I am old and fat. You would think I would have tried one or the other. I haven't. I had to search "elephant ear" to get an idea of what it is. I can't say I have ever seen an "elephant ear" at a fair. I see Funnel Cake stands, but can't recall an "Elephant Ear" stand.

Speaking of fair food.... I am looking forward to my first Carmel Apple of the fall.
An elephant ear is more like a donut, cinnamon sugar mix on top. A funnel cake is not alot different, just more like a cake. I guess a better comparison would be if you prefer yeast donuts or cake donuts.