Full capacity, no masks, no social distancing starts next week

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
"Cincinnati Reds officials announced on Thursday that the "Reds Re-Opening Day" will be on June 2 and they are hoping to sell out the stadium.
Great American Ball Park is now functioning at full capacity and things might feel back to normal. There will be no social distancing or masks requirements."

If the pro teams in Ohio can have full capacity in their stadiums beginning June 1, it must also be full go for high school football, no limits on attendance, no more masks to enter stadiums either.

"Cincinnati Reds officials announced on Thursday that the "Reds Re-Opening Day" will be on June 2 and they are hoping to sell out the stadium.
Great American Ball Park is now functioning at full capacity and things might feel back to normal. There will be no social distancing or masks requirements."

If the pro teams in Ohio can have full capacity in their stadiums beginning June 1, it must also be full go for high school football, no limits on attendance, no more masks to enter stadiums either.
Will be a great thing. Now all we need is really good attendance. I would think to start the season with the weather being warm that the people who may have streamed games last year will actually get out to the games this year .

AD's , coaches and of course OHASSA need to come up with some strategies [Besides upping the price of admission which is unfortunately neccessary } to increase the attendance. I would argue to some of the reticent to attend based on ticket price to think of it like a donation to the schools and programs based on recent hardships { lastyear , pandemic} and do their part.

Not to go all '" It's a wonderful life " but just do your part as part of the common good , helping out in any way you can .
Many people did just fine financially during the pandemic . I know there is a different thread for this but I think it's important to adopt a different mindset here.

Unfortunately, contact tracing will still be a component for those not fully vaccinated. Kids will still miss games, but wil never get Covid

Nearly every school in the state was back in person 100% of the time this spring. Never heard of 1 kid getting contact traced after December.

Covid is over. Find something new to obsess about.
Our entire jv softball team was quarantined a few weeks ago. Trust me, I want this to end as much as anyone. Quit being a pr!ck

Nearly every school in the state was back in person 100% of the time this spring. Never heard of 1 kid getting contact traced after December.

Covid is over. Find something new to obsess about.

In Massillon two weeks ago the 7th grade Middle school classes went back to home schooling because of a jump in cases.
From the State website Stark County has 2,138 cases in the schools. Those are students not staff

Last edited:
Our entire jv softball team was quarantined a few weeks ago. Trust me, I want this to end as much as anyone. Quit being a pr!ck
First our superintendent said no masks June 2.

Friday he said that masks will still be required on anyone not vaccinated. That would be what, almost every student K-5 and maybe 50% of the rest?

Oh yeah. No students or their parents will complain about that.

First our superintendent said no masks June 2.

Friday he said that masks will still be required on anyone not vaccinated. That would be what, almost every student K-5 and maybe 50% of the rest?

Oh yeah. No students or their parents will complain about that.
School districts will be at the mercy of county health department protocols. I am pretty sure the Wood County HD met with school superintendents this past week. It is certain that students who are not vaccinated will still have to quarantine if exposed.

Attachments

• Jackson.png
    Jackson.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 21
It is past time for all of us to return to normalcy. The vaccines are plentiful. If you are that scared of getting Covid, you can always get the vaccine, which according to the cdc, is effective at both preventing illness and preventing transmission. For the last year, the entirety of the state has been beholden to the whims of ohio's executive branch, and the longstanding principle of separation of powers has been deemed "nonessential". Through it all the vast majority of us have complied with shutdowns, masking, social distancing rules, etc. Now, its been over a year. We are now choosing to live our lives the way we had before. Life is too short to be governed by our fears. If your still scared, stay six feet away, and get your fauci ouchie. We are not living our lives the way you want us to in order to make YOU feel comfortable. On June 22nd, we are taking our state back. This party is over.

We're still wearing our masks because not enough people are vaccinated. Idiots ruin it for all of us...
Nah, I dont think so. If they refuse the vaccine, it is they who assume the risks of getting covid. I am not responsible for their health at this point. On June 2, all my remaining masks go into the firepit (not that I have actually worn a mask in a few weeks, but whose keeping count, amirite?). Sorry, not sorry.

We're still wearing our masks because not enough people are vaccinated. Idiots ruin it for all of us...
Lol. Ok. You know the mask mandates end in like 2 days, right? And most places have already dropped them.

But you can keep double masking if you want.

It is past time for all of us to return to normalcy. The vaccines are plentiful. If you are that scared of getting Covid, you can always get the vaccine, which according to the cdc, is effective at both preventing illness and preventing transmission. For the last year, the entirety of the state has been beholden to the whims of ohio's executive branch, and the longstanding principle of separation of powers has been deemed "nonessential". Through it all the vast majority of us have complied with shutdowns, masking, social distancing rules, etc. Now, its been over a year. We are now choosing to live our lives the way we had before. Life is too short to be governed by our fears. If your still scared, stay six feet away, and get your fauci ouchie. We are not living our lives the way you want us to in order to make YOU feel comfortable. On June 22nd, we are taking our state back. This party is over.
Amen!