Franklin High School Football Coach

I know people close to this system and can confirm that Coach Childers has moved on and will no longer be the coach at Franklin High School

I have heard a Board of Ed member as his potential replacement.....
IS there any board members who are coaches. Hard to believe Franklin job would not draw a lot of interest. Seems like a good program from top to bottom. We play them jr high all the way up and they have good teams

Rumored to be in the mix- Chad Murphy Franklin Grad, has had some success in the coaching ranks, Josh Wulf- Franklin Grad current OC at Wilmington, Andy Keating OC at Valley View, Frank Russell Current DC at Franklin, Rodney Roberts No longer coaching but does work at Franklin schools.

Rumored to be in the mix- Chad Murphy Franklin Grad, has had some success in the coaching ranks, Josh Wulf- Franklin Grad current OC at Wilmington, Andy Keating OC at Valley View, Frank Russell Current DC at Franklin, Rodney Roberts No longer coaching but does work at Franklin schools.
Dont see Andy Keating leaving. I think he will stay where he is and wait for the job at VV

Last edited:

Josh Wulf would be a great hire for Franklin.

The way he went out at Hamilton and LaSalle, I can't see Murphy getting another head coaching job around here anytime soon. He really burnt some bridges. I think Roberts would be a solid hire.

The way he went out at Hamilton and LaSalle, I can't see Murphy getting another head coaching job around here anytime soon. He really burnt some bridges. I think Roberts would be a solid hire.
Was Murphy at Lasalle prior to Moeller? I thought he went straight to Moe, after Hamilton?

I was wondering the same thing about bridges being burnt. Some friends over in Franklin act like everyone over there was pretty happy that he was a potential candidate

I was wondering the same thing about bridges being burnt. Some friends over in Franklin act like everyone over there was pretty happy that he was a potential candidate

If true, they should be. Chad is a great dude and had done historical things at Northwest (as a HC) before going to the place nearly all coaches go to die, Hamilton. By all accounts the kids and parents at Hamilton loved that dude. Didn't win enough games so they brought in new blood. Hamilton has had the most talent they've had in 20 years the past couple seasons and are putting out .500 records. That one stop shouldn't be held against anyone.

Sounds like Rodney's ego may have played a major role in Childer's getting the kibosh. Also hear the basketball coach and his meddling into the football "arena" to get his boy a few more kicks could have been Brad's undoing as well.

If there is a lesson to be learned in any of that is that when you try to make everybody happy, you usually sacrifice your own happiness ?‍♂️

Sounds like Rodney's ego may have played a major role in Childer's getting the kibosh. Also hear the basketball coach and his meddling into the football "arena" to get his boy a few more kicks could have been Brad's undoing as well.

If there is a lesson to be learned in any of that is that when you try to make everybody happy, you usually sacrifice your own happiness ?‍♂️
The guys ive talked to said the offense was not very good and the team very undisciplined. As far as Rodney not sure what his ego has to do with anything. If he wanted the job im sure it would have been his. Well known coach whos won every where hes been

I know Coach Murphy personally, bottom line is he has great leadership skills and he cares about the kids. He develops character in his student athletes and leads by example. People make assumptions about why someone left a district as a HC and they don't know the inside scoop. For instance I had my teaching position riffed when I was a head coach. I resigned because the coaching check does not pay the bills. People from the outside look at a coach leaving as quitting on the players. In the real world coaches need to balance there love for Faith, Family and then Football.