Football expanding again

NWO XCTF

XC and Track can't get 4 Divisions... but 7 Division football is expanding playoffs again.

"The OHSAA is expanding its football playoffs to 16 teams per region, beginning in 2022. The playoffs already were expanding to 12 teams per region this year."

This is much ado about ??? What percentage of teams make the playoffs in Basketball? How about Cross Country?

I have no idea if it is worthy of scrutiny. That's why I asked. I am interested to see if it is out of line or not by making a general comparison to other sports?

100% make it in cross country and track. 100% in basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, golf, swimming, soccer, wrestling, volleyball...
Let me rephrase if you are taking it literally. It could be said football is 100% when the season begins. What is the percentage of football teams that make the playoffs from each region? I am interested in seeing how that compares to how many teams advance to the state championhip in XC and number of individuals per event qualifying in track from the regional levels. I equate football making the playoffs with track/XC making it to state. I am just curious.

Let me rephrase if you are taking it literally. It could be said football is 100% when the season begins. What is the percentage of football teams that make the playoffs from each region? I am interested in seeing how that compares to how many teams advance to the state championhip in XC and number of individuals per event qualifying in track from the regional levels. I equate football making the playoffs with track/XC making it to state. I am just curious.

63.18% of schools will now make the playoffs.
D1 88.88% of the teams make the playoffs.
The other six divisions about 58.18% of teams make the playoffs.

Seems like a false equivalence.

Thanks CedarBuck. That does not seem too far from what I was thinking but am not involved enough to know how to find the answer.

Altor, what is the purpose of your statement? Without offering an explanation or your view on it, it comes across as just being argumentative for no reason. What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?
I don't think it's reasonable to compare the number of teams that make the playoffs in a sport where only 2/3 of the teams make the playoffs and only 2 teams are on the field at a time to the number of teams that make the state meet in a sport where 100% of the teams make the playoffs and 20 teams are on the starting line at a time.