First Set of Rankings for the 2022-23 Season

Speak for yourself. I don’t have any dog in the fight—but I like the way Ed’s coaches and kids carry themselves better. Just my onservation. And no, Perrysburg will not not be strong in enough in all the weights to beat Ed’s.
examples...?

I also have no dog in the fight but I have not seen anything that makes me believe the staff at either school dont carry themselves well...

Speak for yourself. I don’t have any dog in the fight—but I like the way Ed’s coaches and kids carry themselves better. Just my onservation. And no, Perrysburg will not not be strong in enough in all the weights to beat Ed’s.
I am simply saying, that a lot of people want to see St Edward lose, because most people do not want to see the same thing happening over and over. A certain jealousy develops as well, when you have one school, or one thing in general, dominate for so long. I, for one, am hoping St Ed repeats as usual, but I can see a large majority rooting on Perrysburg.

I am simply saying, that a lot of people want to see St Edward lose, because most people do not want to see the same thing happening over and over. A certain jealousy develops as well, when you have one school, or one thing in general, dominate for so long. I, for one, am hoping St Ed repeats as usual, but I can see a large majority rooting on Perrysburg.
I agree with you in that regard--I would like to see an underdog pull it off. Just not Perrysburg. 👎

I think within the rankings, we have a few St Ed's guys that are underrated, and few Perrysburg guys that are overrated. Although, I do think Jake Wood for Perrysburg is underrated in that weight class at #9, he is having a good offseason. However, I do think that Timar is probably the best 106, J Miller is the best 175, and he will see Takats at Districts, which means if Miller beats Takats at Districts, he will be seeded away from Vanadia, and Takats will be in a very tough spot in the bracket at state. Ty Miller is very very underrated sitting at #12 at 165. I think he is getting on the podium, possibly top 4. I actually think, that even with Perrysburg returning 6 finalists, they are actually going to be further behind heading in the finals, than they were last year. Ed's is like that Minnesota team that won NCAA's by having everyone on the team make the podium. St Ed's has that potential.

I think within the rankings, we have a few St Ed's guys that are underrated, and few Perrysburg guys that are overrated. Although, I do think Jake Wood for Perrysburg is underrated in that weight class at #9, he is having a good offseason. However, I do think that Timar is probably the best 106, J Miller is the best 175, and he will see Takats at Districts, which means if Miller beats Takats at Districts, he will be seeded away from Vanadia, and Takats will be in a very tough spot in the bracket at state. Ty Miller is very very underrated sitting at #12 at 165. I think he is getting on the podium, possibly top 4. I actually think, that even with Perrysburg returning 6 finalists, they are actually going to be further behind heading in the finals, than they were last year. Ed's is like that Minnesota team that won NCAA's by having everyone on the team make the podium. St Ed's has that potential.
That was my point. Ty Miller can make the FINALS at 165. Not out of the question. But hes better than 12th. Peterson at 157 is legit. Timar might by the best but did lose to McBurney at Central Regional. Mason Rohr has been at 106 all off season, should he be here, he would pose a threat to Timar. Karson Brown could be problems for people, hes good.

All the other Eds rankings are pretty fair. These are the guys that can make big jumps to me. Sorry totally forgot about Bennett at 138. He can win this weight too.

Like I said previously, Eds title to lose. Perrysburg will need substantial help from the field to win.

Timar would not touch Rohr, and I think Seacrist would actually beat Timar. Timar is good but 106 is not a strong weight class this year.
Wasn't strong at all last year either....Ed's does a good job of developing kids, and Timar may have put on some muscle....he may be able to make it interesting.

Isn't McBurney the listed 106 lb for Perry? or am I missing something?
Not sure. He was listed at 113 for the HOF Duals in Canton a couple weekends ago. Mason Rohr didn’t suit up. I know that Perry has quite a few good lightweights and that maybe they’re trying to spread the wealth of that talent by bumping certain kids up a weight than usually suspected to better fill their lineup this upcoming year?