First Set of Rankings for the 2022-23 Season

What grade are the Rowlands boys? Him and Thatcher have done amazing things with the Crazy Goats club.

Go figure the Crazy Goats wrestlers are heading to Watterson, look how good they are, 5 years ago they had 3 or 4 kids.

Palmers club is simply amazing, and Palmer is at Desales, so a lot of those kids are Stallions. I remember the year before Palmer took over Desales was a mess.

So so happy to see the central Ohio catholic schools wrestling programs doing well and the numbers are going up.(y)
I believe Rowland’s kid is in 6th grade

Updated - www.borofanohio.net

My home page/website seems to be back to normal but if you are still having problems, please use the direct links in the post above.

D1: 120, 126, 175, 190
D2: NONE
D3: NONE

I was finally able to get a full projected lineup for Fairfield, which resulted in all of the changes today (Lentz from 126 to 120 and Huxsoll from 190 to 175).

Last edited:
I think holding your kid back is cheating at its finest,we need to put a stop to this .This is telling our kids that we don’t think they are good enough and run from your fears! I think it’s bad for the sport and when your kid is 16 in the 9th grade it is sad or when your 20 years old graduating high school is really sad lol it comical

I think holding your kid back is cheating at its finest,we need to put a stop to this .This is telling our kids that we don’t think they are good enough and run from your fears! I think it’s bad for the sport and when your kid is 16 in the 9th grade it is sad or when your 20 years old graduating high school is really sad lol it comical
1660706334038.gif

It depends on the reason that you hold your kid back honestly.

First post. Coming in hot!

As a dad of a very young freshman... Its annoying but it's definitely not cheating... I know a lot of guys I have a very high respect for have held their own kids back and recommended it.

In the end it turns into a very personal and the situation is different for everyone.

I tell my son, there's things you can and cannot control. We don't have time to worry about the stuff we can't control.

This again...

Who is we? The ohsaa made the rules! Why don’t you email them with your complaints! While we are at it, is it cheating to give your kid extra training that a lower income family may not be able to provide for their family member. Is it fair that the nearby school district hired an all American head coach while your district hired a teacher who wants to get a littler extra for the back yard project. Would it be ok to transfer them or we want to get rid of that? Is it fair that kids dads wrestled while some dads have no clue what the rules are in wrestling. Is life even fair, shouldn’t every one get a favor in life for a head start. Why don’t we fix life first then maybe get back to wrestling later!

Deem was hurt for league and on last season but I think he will be in contention at 138

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220820-132818_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-132818_Chrome.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220820-132312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-132312_Chrome.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20220820-132227_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220820-132227_Chrome.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 60
Deem was hurt for league and on last season but I think he will be in contention at 138
So your saying in contention for top 4, top 8, SQ. I was looking at Boro’s rankings and didn’t see him in D2 138. I always like looking and following a under dog. I take it he hasn’t been doing much summer events or Boro would of had him in rankings. But if injured that is understandable.

No one cares about hold backs. Find a great coach and great room with kids your sons weight and little bigger. Have your boy wrestle studs 6-10 pounds bigger in practice daily so he is used to wrestling bigger and stronger kids. That way he doesn’t think he needs to cut 8-12 pounds to be competitive. He can lose 1-3 pounds off natural weight and be competitive to the kids cutting a lot of weight. Plus your kid will be happier and less likely to burn out by not cutting ton of weight ever week.

No one cares about hold backs. Find a great coach and great room with kids your sons weight and little bigger. Have your boy wrestle studs 6-10 pounds bigger in practice daily so he is used to wrestling bigger and stronger kids. That way he doesn’t think he needs to cut 8-12 pounds to be competitive. He can lose 1-3 pounds off natural weight and be competitive to the kids cutting a lot of weight. Plus your kid will be happier and less likely to burn out by not cutting ton of weight ever week.
Yes you're right or have little Johnny lift and get stronger rather than watching tik toks all day and playing xbox but parents don't want to talk about this right in Middle school an age difference does make a difference in high school it doesn't my son is 14 and has beaten up on kids in the wrestling room who are varsity starters and has held his own with kids who are ranked in the state you want to know the reason why is I put the time rather then sitting on my butt we are in the room putting in work this is one of the only sports that you literally get out what you put in it's not just about how strong you are or fast or athletic it's about how hard you work parents need to stop complaining about holdbacks.

Yes you're right or have little Johnny lift and get stronger rather than watching tik toks all day and playing xbox but parents don't want to talk about this right in Middle school an age difference does make a difference in high school it doesn't my son is 14 and has beaten up on kids in the wrestling room who are varsity starters and has held his own with kids who are ranked in the state you want to know the reason why is I put the time rather then sitting on my butt we are in the room putting in work this is one of the only sports that you literally get out what you put in it's not just about how strong you are or fast or athletic it's about how hard you work parents need to stop complaining about holdbacks.
Why do people hold back then.

So your saying in contention for top 4, top 8, SQ. I was looking at Boro’s rankings and didn’t see him in D2 138. I always like looking and following a under dog. I take it he hasn’t been doing much summer events or Boro would of had him in rankings. But if injured that is understandable.
In contention to qualify so top 16 I think his style matches up well against a kid like Hibbs so hopefully football goes well and he is injury free this year