Fights at Kings Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol - kind of funny.

But I did move the discussion to another thread. No elder families really cares about diversity and inclusion.
You are an unmitigated liar. Certainly Elder has challenges. What human institution doesn't? One of Elder's biggest problems is hostile, lying, slanderers like you. Elder can do a lot, and is, but it cannot do anything about shameless liars like you.

Last edited:
Ok let me rephrase - a lot of elder families are much more concerned with johnnies entitled roster spot than having to worry about inclusion.

Do they care about inclusion? Maybe. Do they care about it more than roster spots and playing time? Lol - not a chance.

It will take an outside leader (which will probably never happen) with a vision to get this done because that type of person is the only one that won’t care about the legacy entitlement and family/friend connections.

Framed basement jerseys > inclusion efforts

And that’s fine - just be honest about it. I don’t think you realize we’re on the same side when it comes to using diversity to create a better price hill and school. Your problem is you can’t wait to jump down someone’s throat about it.

Last edited:
Ok let me rephrase - a lot of elder families are much more concerned with johnnies entitled roster spot than having to worry about inclusion.

You have formed this OPINION based on what? You "claim" to NOT have graduated from Elder, and you also "claim" to NOT even be from Cincinnati.

You have formed this OPINION based on what? You "claim" to NOT have graduated from Elder, and you also "claim" to NOT even be from Cincinnati.
Northern Ohio transplant, have lived in Cincinnati for awhile, a lot of westside aquiantances and friends - simply one mans opinion based on what I’ve noticed. It’s just what I’ve noticed - a lot of you disagree, that’s fine.

Great people, but a weird infatuation with your kids HAVING to play sports at Elder, like it’s the end of the world, and will start politically posturing and working behind the scenes for it very early in grade school.

Northern Ohio transplant, have lived in Cincinnati for awhile, a lot of westside aquiantances and friends - simply one mans opinion based on what I’ve noticed. It’s just what I’ve noticed - a lot of you disagree, that’s fine.

Great people, but a weird infatuation with your kids HAVING to play sports at Elder, like it’s the end of the world, and will start politically posturing and working behind the scenes for it very early in grade school.

It seems YOU are the one with a weird infatuation.

Not an Elder graduate + Not from Cincinnati + No family at Elder + Constantly on Elder forum talking about Elder = "weird infatuation"

Thats not what i was saying at all, you took a huge leap. Those kids are going to act like that no matter the situation. What im saying is KI should of had someone smart enough to understand that.
"Those kids are going to act like that no matter the situation"
You are emblematic of a "type of westside bigot" that is going to act like that no matter the situation. I can visualize your balding head with your nice paunch in front and everything in the world figured out to a tee. Those "others" will never be worthy of your consideration or view without bias as they are not you, therefore less than in your tiny mind. Pathetic and not what any true Elder supporter should think about anyone.

Read what you wrote again and think on it.

"Those kids are going to act like that no matter the situation"
You are emblematic of a "type of westside bigot" that is going to act like that no matter the situation. I can visualize your balding head with your nice paunch in front and everything in the world figured out to a tee. Those "others" will never be worthy of your consideration or view without bias as they are not you, therefore less than in your tiny mind. Pathetic and not what any true Elder supporter should think about anyone.

Read what you wrote again and think on it.
If you take 100's of kids and put them in a park like Kings Island unsupervised that situation will happen again and again. Matter of fact it just happened this weekend again. If you can't see that then you are blind. You know absolutely nothing about me so the personal attack is over the top.

If you take 100's of kids and put them in a park like Kings Island unsupervised that situation will happen again and again. Matter of fact it just happened this weekend again. If you can't see that then you are blind. You know absolutely nothing about me so the personal attack is over the top.
Hundreds of teenagers are dropped off by their parents at KI every single day for decades on end.

Hundreds of teenagers are dropped off by their parents at KI every single day for decades on end.
They sure have. I go back to lack of consequences in the juvenile court system, and it is apparent that Warren County is not interested in following through and bringing any of the perpetrators from the first incident to trial. If it was important, they'd already be in jail. Warren county messing up big time as they are driving people and dollars away from the county's biggest money maker.

Nail on head about the juvenile court system! For years Kings Island has shied away from prosecution on most things at the park. Unless of course it’s something big (kidnap, murder, rape, fel assault, fel theft). Their mindset is keep the info off the news. I have worked in the legal system in that area (and with them) and know this first hand. Their biggest punishment would be “kicked out of the park”. However, times have changed and the PR on this is getting bad. Thankfully I transferred out of that area.
I’m curious what others feel should be done to prevent. Would anyone here be ok with bringing their family to KI?

Nail on head about the juvenile court system! For years Kings Island has shied away from prosecution on most things at the park. Unless of course it’s something big (kidnap, murder, rape, fel assault, fel theft). Their mindset is keep the info off the news. I have worked in the legal system in that area (and with them) and know this first hand. Their biggest punishment would be “kicked out of the park”. However, times have changed and the PR on this is getting bad. Thankfully I transferred out of that area.
I’m curious what others feel should be done to prevent. Would anyone here be ok with bringing their family to KI?
It's not just KI, kids punching teachers and get nothing, literally and wind up right back in class. It's a complete joke.

I believe it. Although nothing physical, a few years back, at my kid’s Catholic grade school, a kid called his teacher a “See you next Tuesday” to her face and in front of the class. Kid was told by the principal “not to say it again”—that’s it. Kid stayed. Two other teachers resigned at year’s end because of the lack of punishment and/or kid was allowed to stay. Principal is gone now thankfully, but what the hell?

You do realize those teenagers have passes that were bought and paid for correct? You don't think that makes a huge difference in the behavior? Kids who have nothing to lose don't care about their actions, hence the fights and disturbances that have been going on KI. I have younger children and we decided to not renew KI this year due to what's been happening there. Easier to just join the local swim club and have nothing to worry about.

You do realize those teenagers have passes that were bought and paid for correct? You don't think that makes a huge difference in the behavior?
No, I don’t. Most teenagers are morons. I would also say that 99.9% don’t go to KI looking for trouble. They’re looking for fun or to meet girls.

It’s more than obvious the picture you’re painting here. Honestly, this looks to be an isolated incident with kids looking for trouble. KI hosts free admission groups all the time and nothing has seemed to happen before like this.

You’re painting a broad brush here which I know you will deny.

Just to repeat some facts:
  • It wasn't an single event. It's happened on multiple weekends.
  • Warren County's prosecutor said that some of the people charged in the Memorial Day incident were passholders. They were not all guests who received free admission.

Just to repeat some facts:
  • It wasn't an single event. It's happened on multiple weekends.
  • Warren County's prosecutor said that some of the people charged in the Memorial Day incident were passholders. They were not all guests who received free admission.
The point being people get in free all the time at KI. And this hasn’t happened consistently over the years, whether it’s a free entry or a pass holder.

I wouldn’t consider 2 weekends a trend. It was a group of idiots doing idiot things. There’s no reason to paint a broad brush to any group based on the idiot actions of a few.

I believe it. Although nothing physical, a few years back, at my kid’s Catholic grade school, a kid called his teacher a “See you next Tuesday” to her face and in front of the class. Kid was told by the principal “not to say it again”—that’s it. Kid stayed. Two other teachers resigned at year’s end because of the lack of punishment and/or kid was allowed to stay. Principal is gone now thankfully, but what the hell?

Sounds like this was handled wrong by many. The kid should have received some type of actual punishment. If this kid wasn’t known for trouble at school expulsion I think would be excessive. Kids in my opinion are the ones who do and say some dumb things but definitely deserve a second chance for something that is not physical or threatening.

KI is going to have to clean this ? up no matter the age of the participants or risk losing a significant amount of business. This ? keeps happening could KI be declared a “nuisance business” with excessive police calls and disorderly patrons?

Where did this notion of Kings Island giving away admission come from? There is lots zero proof of KI giving away free admission to anyone.

Where did this notion of Kings Island giving away admission come from? There is lots zero proof of KI giving away free admission to anyone.
KI admitted after first incident this season that they had bus loads of free groups that day at KI but most or all of participants in the bs were pass holders?

You do realize those teenagers have passes that were bought and paid for correct? You don't think that makes a huge difference in the behavior?
Likely made up to fit the “those kids” narrative.
Your not worth arguing with. It was all over the news that KI allowed tons of kids in for free when this happened. It's also worth noting that members of any club, pool, sports facility, gym, etc etc will the majority of the time take care of what they pay for. Any huge attraction that lets a ton of teenagers in for free is asking for trouble.

Your not worth arguing with. It was all over the news that KI allowed tons of kids in for free when this happened. It's also worth noting that members of any club, pool, sports facility, gym, etc etc will the majority of the time take care of what they pay for. Any huge attraction that lets a ton of teenagers in for free is asking for trouble.
Ok, again, is there a link about KI letting tons of kids in for free? This is literally the only place I have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.