Fentanyl

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Just looking for some information and trying to understand what is going on. If I've got this right, Fentanyl is not the drug that people are buying, rather, it is an unexpected substance in other drugs that sometimes cause death.

Why are some drugs laced with Fentanyl? Is it a better "experience"? Is Fentanyl cheaper? Not being around the stuff, I just don't understand why it is being "slipped" into so many drugs and causing so much damage.

What is the benefit of the drug users getting Fentanyl in their drugs? What is the benefit of the drug makers to lace the drugs with Fentanyl?

Just looking for some information and trying to understand what is going on. If I've got this right, Fentanyl is not the drug that people are buying, rather, it is an unexpected substance in other drugs that sometimes cause death.

Why are some drugs laced with Fentanyl? Is it a better "experience"? Is Fentanyl cheaper? Not being around the stuff, I just don't understand why it is being "slipped" into so many drugs and causing so much damage.

What is the benefit of the drug users getting Fentanyl in their drugs? What is the benefit of the drug makers to lace the drugs with Fentanyl?
It’s cheap. By adding it to heroin, or oxys, for instance, the cost per high goes down.

The customers…most aren’t discerning consumers…they want their high. Tiny doses of fentanyl are lethal, so mistakes can get made more frequently…and death is the result sometimes. The addict buys heroin, but fentanyl may be included without the user’s knowledge.

Last edited:
Also…the guy selling the drug to the end user…he may or may not know he‘s selling fentanyl.

I have a daughter who got hooked on opioid as a 16 yr old. She had gone to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. They gave her Dilaudid for the pain. She was hooked immediately. She loved the high. Unknown to me at the time she told her boy friend it was so good that they needed to find it on the street. They did.... easily. Fentanyl was the only thing that gave her the same high she was looking for. To an addict that is all that matters. Cost is irrelevant. They will do whatever they have to do to acquire the drug. The high is all they can think about. As soon as they start coming down from it they want to do even more to get it back. Fentanyl gives a much more powerful high and is almost instantly addictive. A user can experience sudden cravings for the high years after being clean. The cravings can be so intense that relapse is likely if the addict doesn't have the support to get them thru it.

Fentanyl is a drug dealers paradise. It is cheap, plentiful and incredibly addictive. Once tried by a user you can almost guarantee they will give everything they own to keep getting it. Once that is gone they will do anything to keep getting the drug.

For a parent or loved one of an addict, it is an absolute nightmare to break the addiction.

It took 5 years and several near death experiences for my daughter to get clean.

Unlikely. Most dealers sell to support their own habit. They know what they are selling because they want it themselves.
They just want to get f-Ed up. They’d prefer not to die. The end SELLER is most likely a user and is as undisciplined as the buyer. One step up the chain? Does that guy know what’s in the product? More likely.

They just want to get f-Ed up
yes
. They’d prefer not to die.
Some welcome death over the addiction.
The end SELLER is most likely a user and is as undisciplined as the buyer.
Yes
One step up the chain? Does that guy know what’s in the product? More likely.
It does not matter to them. It's not like they are being discerning dealers. Selling is all they have left to be able to get the cash for their own drugs. They aren't inspecting the production process. They'd sell powdered sugar if it meant they got paid to get their own high.

I have a daughter who got hooked on opioid as a 16 yr old. She had gone to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. They gave her Dilaudid for the pain. She was hooked immediately. She loved the high. Unknown to me at the time she told her boy friend it was so good that they needed to find it on the street. They did.... easily. Fentanyl was the only thing that gave her the same high she was looking for. To an addict that is all that matters. Cost is irrelevant. They will do whatever they have to do to acquire the drug. The high is all they can think about. As soon as they start coming down from it they want to do even more to get it back. Fentanyl gives a much more powerful high and is almost instantly addictive. A user can experience sudden cravings for the high years after being clean. The cravings can be so intense that relapse is likely if the addict doesn't have the support to get them thru it.

Fentanyl is a drug dealers paradise. It is cheap, plentiful and incredibly addictive. Once tried by a user you can almost guarantee they will give everything they own to keep getting it. Once that is gone they will do anything to keep getting the drug.

For a parent or loved one of an addict, it is an absolute nightmare to break the addiction.

It took 5 years and several near death experiences for my daughter to get clean.
This sounds just like Joe talking about Hunter. I’m glad your daughter is clean.

Glad to hear that she got clean.

I have a friend whose daughter got hooked due to surgery. Unfortunately she did not make it to the other side and passed away from an overdose. The effect is devastating for all those around.

Apparently in SW Ohio there is a drug called X that is being put in the fetanyl. X is some kind of animal sedative per the Hamilton County Coroner. Narcan does not work on X per the Coroner because it’s not an opioid. The alleged benefit to lace drugs with fetanyl is it’s a highly addictive substance. Which means more $$$ for the dealer at least until the user OD’s and dies! There are many many street dealers who also use but most of your big time dealers high up the ladder actually don’t use. They don’t use because that cuts into there profit and they need to stay alive because dealing is their “job” to feed themselves and their families. Hard to make a lot of money dead!!

Thank you for sharing such a personal story. All the best to your daughter and your family.

Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid similar to heroin. Fentanyl is 50-100 times stronger than morphine and heroin and it is cheap. When all of the pill opioid addicts graduated to heroin because it is cheaper Fentanyl became an excellent drug to "cut" it with. The problem is the people handling it do not know what the potency is with any one amount. For instance, an amount the size of half a penny could kill an elephant and the next one the size of a quarter might be mild. Dealers have started cutting all drugs with it including cocaine.

We have had this discussion on here several times over and anyone who has know addicts understands the potency of these hard drugs and what they do to people. Choice is not in the equation. Opiod addicts need lock and key facilities which we do not have enough of. The relapse rate for opiods is 90%+. As Indiandad mentioned, it usually started with a prescribed post surgery painkiller.

So sorry you had to experience that, really man. Hope she stays clean and sober forever, drugs suck

…it usually started with a prescribed post surgery painkiller.
“Usually”? I’d say common. I hear it from my clients. It’s also common that people become heavy involved in other substances and “graduate” having nothing to do with an injury.

Since all drugs from America come from Mexico, the cartels put fentanyl in all drugs to make the user addicted. Even weed has some fentanyl in it. Weed overdoses for high school kids is pretty common now

Since all drugs from America come from Mexico, the cartels put fentanyl in all drugs to make the user addicted. Even weed has some fentanyl in it. Weed overdoses for high school kids is pretty common now
So many levels of ignorant here. Can we have a few adjectives inserted (and others removed) to at least give the impression that you’re not a nut?

And the “fentanyl in marijuana” claim is pretty much a scary myth…

Fentanyl is assembled in Mexico with the parts coming from China... Not a good combo. Much safer to buy organic from USA

So many levels of ignorant here. Can we have a few adjectives inserted (and others removed) to at least give the impression that you’re not a nut?

And the “fentanyl in marijuana” claim is pretty much a scary myth…
Yeah idk anything about this topic 😂

Seriously?

Crazy that some people ask questions instead of just shooting off at the mouth. Right? Or is the sarcasm that he asked here? You read these boards. You think we're not drugged out? Man we know!

Also…the guy selling the drug to the end user…he may or may not know he‘s selling fentanyl.
Unlikely. Most dealers sell to support their own habit. They know what they are selling because they want it themselves.

CatAlum is right. A successul operation keeps final sellers out of the loop, not in it. I'm not presuming to speak for your experience and knowledge.

Do girlscouts know what's in the cookies they're selling? It's a long chain in most cases. Not one step from producer to packager to final sale. At least that's how we are told and experienced. Cut packeges sold, resold, it may or may not be what the seller says it is and most likely, the last level seller has no idea, isn't supposed to have any idea, nor cares. It could be candy. Their job is only to collect money.