Federal League Football 2023

Where were the Green coaches also....they should have been going crazy on the sideline and telling the official.
They were, before and after the play, but the game was at Louisville and they wanted to hear none of it. I thought Greens head coach was going to have a stroke.

They were, before and after the play, but the game was at Louisville and they wanted to hear none of it. I thought Greens head coach was going to have a stroke.
Rightfully so, all coaches hate it when we run 2x2 power I 12…costs us $500 every time we run it.

Marquee games are always played at Ellet besides because of security they prefer that venue over any other and yes you must pass through metal detectors just like you do at Benson
Buchtel has hosted Benedictine, Chardon and ST Frances Desales at 1040 Copley rd in the last 2 years, all marquee games are not at Ellet.

I don’t think Jackson vs mentor is gonna be all that interesting tbh. Good for the bears. Beefing up that schedule. But I don’t see Jackson being elite next year.
I agree on getting Mentor on the schedule. I also agree on it not being that interesting of a game. Would love to see CCC off the schedule in favor of a more equal sized school match up.

However I think that (and I know people here, including me, make jokes about his constant movement) having Mauro around will help Rohr with a mentor with loads of HC experience. My one concern though, it are there too many cooks in the kitchen as the staff has grown more and more.

They will have to really develop their QB and losing Davide with IMO no one who has shown the potential to shoulder that kind of load at running back will be tough. Line depth would be another concern on O.

Defensively I think they should be alright, they lose a couple of nice players but I think they will have some guys who can step up into those roles.

With the Federal League you just never know.

Figured they would be saying something...the coaches in the box had to catch it right away. It does happen thou...look at the Georgia Ohio State game. Ohio St had 12 guys on the field for the fake punt and the officials missed it...that is why Kirby Smart called the timeout...otherwise it would have been a successful play. Kirby was on top of things because most coaches would not think to call timeout there

Just asking a question to the Perry faithful? My sources tell me that Perry is looking for a new AD? Just curious is the present AD retiring? didn't think he was there that long

Max Lifts from Green players last week:

SQUAT

Cohen Lynch- 510 lb
Michael Schaal- 500 lb
Nick Schaal- 465 lb
Jesse Miller- 455 lb

BENCH

Michael Schaal- 340 lb
Bobby Young- 290 lb
AJ Fortunato- 290 lb

Also, Zach Baglia and Antonio Martin each benched 260. Big numbers for receivers

DEADLIFT

Cohen Lynch- 525 lb
Jess Miller- 475 lb
Bobby Young 465 lb
Michael Schaal- 455 lb

Just asking a question to the Perry faithful? My sources tell me that Perry is looking for a new AD? Just curious is the present AD retiring? didn't think he was there that long
Shoot I didn't even realize Campbell was gone. Or at least had forgotten.

How are things looking this offseason for the Panthers?

Yeah I meant to direct it there, I had just quoted your post about the AD.
Very good skill returning on offense, QB, RB, FB & WB, if they can develop a couple more lineman to go with Millin, they should improve over last years record. Same with their defense. The key will be how quickly some younger talented linemen and LB’s mature. Three returnees at DB.

I think the league could be very strong this year. Might be even better than it was in 2021. The 3 sub .500 teams in 2022- GlenOak, Green and Perry- all return a lot of guys.

I have high expectations for Green in 2023, hoping for 6-7 win regular season wins and a playoff win. If it weren't for an untimely pick six at the end of the first half against GlenOak and a strange inability to field kickoffs against Louisville, we would have done that last year even with our issues on defense. I'd put Baglia, Martin and Taylor up against ANY receiving core in all of D2. Samino Manson has spent 2 years as the backup QB for the Dawgs in this offense almost won the starting job last year. I have confidence that he will do well. IMO the defense only has to improve a little bit for this to be a good team, and I bet it improves more than a little bit. Mikey Schaal is going to be a monster on the D-line this year, and Galemmo is a solid MLB. I think Casper and Fortunato can be really good also. The front seven should be all right. Hopefully some young guys are good enough to take over in the secondary, because I don't love the idea of Baglia and Martin having to play both ways all the time. I trust Green's coaching staff to develop this group into a respectable defensive unit.

GlenOak scares me. Avante Burt is a teriffic RB. The Eagles have a big O-line. If Adrion Burt improves at QB and Coach Garcia finds a few good receivers, this team will be hard to stop. I feel like the Eagles rushing attack can be as potent as the ones that Jackson has put on the field the last four years. Like Green, the defense is going to have to improve a lot for the Eagles to reach their potential. But I won't be surprised at all if GO ends up with 7 wins and hosting in Week 11.

I trust whatever BIG ED says about the Panthers. Perry was better than their record showed the last two years. No team should be looking forward to facing Ryder Hartshorn this year.

I know this is bold, but it looks to me like 2 out of these 3 teams, maybe even all 3, are going to have winning records in 2023. If one of the 3 has a bad year, it will probably be because of key players getting injured for extended periods of time.

League will be very good this upcoming year. Only team I’m really not too sure about is Jackson.
Jackson could be in trouble. Jackson, Hoover and McKinley likely have to improve just to win the same amount of games as last year. I feel like Hoover should be able to do that, but not sure about the Polar Bears.

After losing your great senior class, is it fair to expect Lake to go back to winning about 6 games a year?

Very good skill returning on offense, QB, RB, FB & WB, if they can develop a couple more lineman to go with Millin, they should improve over last years record. Same with their defense. The key will be how quickly some younger talented linemen and LB’s mature. Three returnees at DB.
I saw Perry play twice in person and a couple on replay, impressed with the QB and overall skill that Perry possessed, D-fence was mediocre at best and believe me I'm being polite when I say mediocre, coaching, game clock management, kick coverage must improve drastically or it will be same ole same ole which won't bode well for the Perry faithful, still don't understand running the QB to the sidelines to get the next play, what a waste of time and outdated

I saw Perry play twice in person and a couple on replay, impressed with the QB and overall skill that Perry possessed, D-fence was mediocre at best and believe me I'm being polite when I say mediocre, coaching, game clock management, kick coverage must improve drastically or it will be same ole same ole which won't bode well for the Perry faithful, still don't understand running the QB to the sidelines to get the next play, what a waste of time and outdated
I agree the defense MUST improve and special teams, except for the kick return which was very good. Hopefully everyone learns from their mistakes. As far as the QB running to get plays, I see a few teams do it, but I think signaling would be better, just my opinion.

I agree the defense MUST improve and special teams, except for the kick return which was very good. Hopefully everyone learns from their mistakes. As far as the QB running to get plays, I see a few teams do it, but I think signaling would be better, just my opinion.
Certain players will have to go both ways. It’s that simple!

Me personally, I watch a lot of high school FB and I can honestly say that Perry is the only team that still runs the QB to the sideline to get the play not saying that some team is still doing that nonsense somewhere else but I'd really have to think about it which I won't lol!

Me personally, I watch a lot of high school FB and I can honestly say that Perry is the only team that still runs the QB to the sideline to get the play not saying that some team is still doing that nonsense somewhere else but I'd really have to think about it which I won't lol!
Outside of small school ball, the practice of running plays in is pretty much extinct

BTW my sources tell me that Perry is hosting a college FB prospect look-see sometime in May? any info on that Big Ed?
IMG_5087.jpeg

Lake still does it!