Akron East @ GlenOak
Green @ Brunswick
Friday Jan 19
Hoover @ Jackson
Lake @ McKinley
Perry @ GlenOak
Sunday Jan 21
GlenOak vs North Farmington (MI) 1:00 @ Smithville

Hoover is kind of a big surprise. I talked with a couple of the parents of players and they are kind of shocked how good they are doing. Very impressed with coach Bluey.
I've followed Bluey his entire career, since his first gig at Akron Springfield. He's more than a solid coach like most of the FL has.

Green gets a full week off before their next game, which is against the Tigers of Massillon. I looked at the box score from yesterday's game and saw Green had an 11 point lead after the first quarter, but allowed Brunswick to get back into it. The Blue Devils only made 14 shots, but 6 of them were from behind the arc (five from one guy, who had more than half of Brunswick's points). Disappointing, but it was a road game against an opponent ranked in the top 10 in the state, so it's not like it's a huge surprise. Good experience for the postseason, and at least it wasn't a league game.

Also, congratulations to McKinley on their comeback win over Hoban, which I did not see coming at all. This is not the injured Hoban team that lost a few early games in December, but a healthy team that had recently upset state power Centerville. Now that's how you bounce back after two hard fought losses last week. Meanwhile Lake just keeps on winning, like we all thought they would.

Lastly, Jackson barely squeaked by a bad Tallmadge team. What's up with that?

My power rankings
1. Green
2. McKinley
3. GlenOak
4. Jackson
5. Hoover
6. Lake
7. Perry

Tonight's Hoover vs McKinley game will be aired on Big Time Sports TV. Replay tonight at 11pm and Saturday at 9am. Spectrum 988 and 15 MCTV 128

Reactions: Mck