Fashion confession- Own up here

SLS

Over the years, I have owned and worn a beret, dirty bucks, pegged pants, Beatle boots, heel plates on my shoes, a Nehru jacket, a safari suit, a sharkskin suit,bell bottoms, paisley shirt, beachcombers, a half-inch wide belt, and a seven inch wide tie. I do feel somewhat smug in stating that I have never worn the patent leather combo of white belt and white shoes. In first grade, I even talked my dad into buying me a pair of black leather clodhoppers with the word "hillbilly" discreetly displayed on each boot.

Over the years, I have owned and worn a beret, dirty bucks, pegged pants, Beatle boots, heel plates on my shoes, a Nehru jacket, a safari suit, a sharkskin suit,bell bottoms, paisley shirt, beachcombers, a half-inch wide belt, and a seven inch wide tie. I do feel somewhat smug in stating that I have never worn the patent leather combo of white belt and white shoes. In first grade, I even talked my dad into buying me a pair of black leather clodhoppers with the word "hillbilly" discreetly displayed on each boot.
guilty

Mom put a pretty wide clip-on on me around a 4th grade or so Easter, but more like 5 inches wide. Hyperbole ?

Heel plates are the horseshoes added on Frye boots, right ?

Last edited:
They made jeans right there in Portland Indiana. They would sell direct to the public at wholesale prices!
They also had a Jay Garment factory in Brookville, IN, where I lived for several years. Here's an article about Jay Garment moving out of Portland in 1997.