Exit Light, Enter the Cougar - Houston vs UC Game Thread

AEW Champion

Your wife’s favorite poster
Every so often, the run-of-the-mill young punk — arrogant, braggadocious despite having accomplished little, thinks he has the Sauce, etc. — feels the need to gain a little extra attention and pump up his secretly fragile ego by attempting a conquest. He wanders the village’s establishments on a Saturday looking for a match, but all the eligible bachelorettes in the hottest establishments are already drooling over the alpha males at the bars such as Georgia, Michigan, Alabama and Oklahoma State.

With a sigh of resignation, the small fish leaves the big-boy bars, slumps his shoulders and heads to his regular watering hole: the dirtiest, oldest, most disgusting run-down establishment in town, known as The Nip. Entering The Nip, the Johnny-Come-Lately sees the same sad, decrepit faces that he sees every Saturday: peg-legged Pirates, night Owls, women who qualify as big ole Bulls, etc. In other words, the dregs of society; the people you only see at the DMV or your local WalMart.

Suddenly, from the other side of the dimly lit bar approaches the Cougar. Unlike the lepers occupying the other bar stools, the Cougar actually looks like a member of society. Excited, the little punk chats up the Cougar, who purports to be 24 but is actually more like 44.

The kid realizes he has found his trophy for the night and they soon leave together. They take selfies and he excitedly texts all his buddies and tweets out to the world what a great, beautiful, perfect 10 he will conquer that night. Show him some respect!

With that false sense of security under his belt, the punk starts to get concerned upon entering his apartment when the Cougar gets more commanding, declaring it her house now. Before he knows it, the punk has claw marks all over his body from the aggressive Cougar’s nails. Sensing a big old L for the evening, in one final act of desperation, the punk tries to ask the Cougar to leave the premises, but his request is denied. Instead, he is made to put on pink New Big 12 handcuffs and a G5 dog collar, and is summarily thrown into a pet’s cage.

Having gained years of experience as a bootlicker while begging five groups of popular guys to include him in their ranks, the punk does what he knows best and begins licking the Cougar’s boots, which look a lot like cleats.

The Cougar laughs at the punk’s humiliating act while she is texting someone. She then walks to the front door and lets in an older gentleman with thinning hair. It’s the beta’s former hero, Brian Kelly! He’ll save the day! Instead, Brian Kelly turns heel and takes pictures of the punk in the cage and posts the pics on Instagram.

BK then deflowers the Cougar while the caged punk watches.

The punk makes a deal to escape the cage and get the couple to leave: He will wear a French maid dress while vacuuming the confetti off the CFP field when Kelly wins a national title at LSU. The upstart punk has effectively turned into a football Subby Hubby.

The clock then strikes midnight and the punk curls up into a ball, wishing the rendezvous with the Cougar was just a bad dream.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Urban, Fickell or Campbell to ND!

4th times a charm, I’m sure!
I’m not sure what this means. The above anecdote was about a little punk kid who thinks he’s so cool but then gets in over his head during a night on the town and realizes he can’t swim. A tale as old as time, like Beauty and the Beast.

Ryan Day = Charlie Weis

Every so often, the run-of-the-mill young punk — arrogant, braggadocious despite having accomplished little, thinks he has the Sauce, etc. — feels the need to gain a little extra attention and pump up his secretly fragile ego by attempting a conquest. He wanders the village’s establishments on a Saturday looking for a match, but all the eligible bachelorettes in the hottest establishments are already drooling over the alpha males at the bars such as Georgia, Michigan, Alabama and Oklahoma State.

With a sigh of resignation, the small fish leaves the big-boy bars, slumps his shoulders and heads to his regular watering hole: the dirtiest, oldest, most disgusting run-down establishment in town, known as The Nip. Entering The Nip, the Johnny-Come-Lately sees the same sad, decrepit faces that he sees every Saturday: peg-legged Pirates, night Owls, women who qualify as big ole Bulls, etc. In other words, the dregs of society; the people you only see at the DMV or your local WalMart.

Suddenly, from the other side of the dimly lit bar approaches the Cougar. Unlike the lepers occupying the other bar stools, the Cougar actually looks like a member of society. Excited, the little punk chats up the Cougar, who purports to be 24 but is actually more like 44.

The kid realizes he has found his trophy for the night and they soon leave together. They take selfies and he excitedly texts all his buddies and tweets out to the world what a great, beautiful, perfect 10 he will conquer that night. Show him some respect!

With that false sense of security under his belt, the punk starts to get concerned upon entering his apartment when the Cougar gets more commanding, declaring it her house now. Before he knows it, the punk has claw marks all over his body from the aggressive Cougar’s nails. Sensing a big old L for the evening, in one final act of desperation, the punk tries to ask the Cougar to leave the premises, but his request is denied. Instead, he is made to put on pink New Big 12 handcuffs and a G5 dog collar, and is summarily thrown into a pet’s cage.

Having gained years of experience as a bootlicker while begging five groups of popular guys to include him in their ranks, the punk does what he knows best and begins licking the Cougar’s boots, which look a lot like cleats.

The Cougar laughs at the punk’s humiliating act while she is texting someone. She then walks to the front door and lets in an older gentleman with thinning hair. It’s the beta’s former hero, Brian Kelly! He’ll save the day! Instead, Brian Kelly turns heel and takes pictures of the punk in the cage and posts the pics on Instagram.

BK then deflowers the Cougar while the caged punk watches.

The punk makes a deal to escape the cage and get the couple to leave: He will wear a French maid dress while vacuuming the confetti off the CFP field when Kelly wins a national title at LSU. The upstart punk has effectively turned into a football Subby Hubby.

The clock then strikes midnight and the punk curls up into a ball, wishing the rendezvous with the Cougar was just a bad dream.

Urban, Fickell or Campbell to ND!
Damn, you're a bigger loser than I ever could've imagined lol

Damn, you're a bigger loser than I ever could've imagined lol
Sometimes I start typing and I don’t know where the post is going to go. It’s all about the journey.

Ryan Day = Charlie Weis

Sounds about right
Why, I oughtta …
A8FC49BC-E3F7-4F96-BD54-5C272179A816.jpeg

One more day until the Cougar’s claws tear into the UC playoff dream. Tick tock, tick tock.

Are you All-AEW first team?

Is Houston getting dressed in a locker room or a confessional booth? What kind of facilities are those, UC?

Also seems farcical to play a conference title game on somebody’s home field. It should be a neutral field.

Is Houston getting dressed in a locker room or a confessional booth? What kind of facilities are those, UC?

Also seems farcical to play a conference title game on somebody’s home field. It should be a neutral field.

At least they play a conference title game...unlike someone...

Because they lost… at home… by double digits… to UC!
So what? UC had nine months to prepare for that game; ND had one week. When you have nine months, you have no excuse but to deliver or else you’ll get sliced up and gutted by the media like you’re having a C-section.

AEW Champion: Father of the CFB Forum

1 of 4 isn’t great no matter what sport. Better luck next year, tiger.
Those jerkwater teams in the AAC didn’t exactly give me much to work with. Having those teams win against a decent team would be like dragging a drunken, foul-smelling homeless guy with urine stains down his pants out of a tent in front of the local liquor store and getting him prepared to interview for a CFO job in an hour. Even Mr. Champion can’t always work that kind of magic.

AEW Champion: America’s Last Hope

So what? UC had nine months to prepare for that game; ND had one week. When you have nine months, you have no excuse but to deliver or else you’ll get sliced up and gutted by the media like you’re having a C-section.

24-13

Those jerkwater teams in the AAC didn’t exactly give me much to work with. Having those teams win against a decent team would be like dragging a drunken, foul-smelling homeless guy with urine stains down his pants out of a tent in front of the local liquor store and getting him prepared to interview for a CFO job in an hour. Even Mr. Champion can’t always work that kind of magic.

And yet you still picked them? Sounds like your defense for being wrong was you’re just stupid. This post didn’t land the way you had hoped. Maybe take a bow for the year and try again next season.

I believe UC played 3 games prior to visiting South Bend, granted they had a bye the week prior. The game prior to ND, they were playing at Indiana, who was preseason top 15. I doubt all their attention for 9 months was on ND, though I'm sure those defensive players loved playing as well as they did against Freeman's defense.

SMU beat TCU, who beat Big 12 Champ Baylor.
Memphis beat Mississippi St
UC beat ND
UCF beat Boise St

Not a bad non-conference slate of wins for the poor AAC.

SMU beat TCU, who beat Big 12 Champ Baylor.
Memphis beat Mississippi St
UC beat ND
UCF beat Boise St

Not a bad non-conference slate of wins for the poor AAC.
Not wins, but Tulsa lost to Oklahoma State by 3 on the road and had OSU sweating until very late in the 4th quarter.
Tulane lost by 5 on the road at Oklahoma.
USF lost by 8 on the road to BYU.

Now, losses are losses at the end of the day, but these are (mostly) perennial powers being taken to the brink by the poor, small, lowly AAC. Not too shabby.