Excellent Wrestling Documentary Movie

Nick Corey

Just released....loved it.
Is the Perry HS (Oklahoma) wrestling team the greatest sports dynasty ever?
To never go more than two consecutive years without winning a state championship over the span of 60 years is insane. Over 40 team state championships. High school of Danny Hodge (Hodge Trophy).
Available on iTunes, Google Play and YouTube Movies.

Anybody know what Hodge did as an athlete involving a national championship that had never been done before and hasn't been done since he did it? See who can answer it without looking it up now. I came across it before and this just reminded me of it. He also only won a single state championship in HS (at least only one at Perry) but that doesn't figure into the answer. Nor does it have anything to do with an apple....

Also trying to figure out if any of my streaming services has this documentary available.

Wild guess- He won all of his matches at national championships by fall?
Not that I know of. What he did was win a national championship (actually 3) in wrestling and also won a national Golden Gloves championship in 1958 as a light heavyweight. That same lightweight championship in GG went to Cassius Clay 2 years later in 1960 (along with an Olympic Gold that same year)

Seems like he would have done very well if MMA was around back then

Not that I know of. What he did was win a national championship (actually 3) in wrestling and also won a national Golden Gloves championship in 1958 as a light heavyweight. That same lightweight championship in GG went to Cassius Clay 2 years later in 1960 (along with an Olympic Gold that same year)

Seems like he would have done very well if MMA was around back then
Before I scrolled down this far my guess was going to be that he is the only wrestler to appear on a Wheaties box, but this is true too.