Ever have a paper route?

SLS

When I was around 12 years old, my father came home home and announced that he had a surprise for me. I was elated. Bike? Ball glove? Nope. Paper route. Character builder, and I guess I needed it. 60 customers and I made $6 a week when a pop was dime and a candy bar a nickel. Dad set me up with a bank account and checked my bankboook every week to make sure I didn't blow it all. Anybody else deliver papers out there?

That's not far off. Liberals would feel that the newspaper should just deliver a newspaper to every home in town for free. Make it like a shopper. Could you ever get ad rates high enough to cover the costs?? Who knows. I'm pretty sure newspaper carries probably understand business more than the average bear.
And of course there is a difference between conservative and MAGA. ;)

The internet has impacted Newpapers. No one understands their importance. Imo
My local suburban newspaper is an excellent read. They stick to the facts and report local multiple city council meetings, special hearings locally, and school board meetings. Without this source most of these entities would operate largely in darkness. And yes, the internet has killed traditional newspapers so now more and more get their info from unreliable sources or worse, compromised sources.

And of course there is a difference between conservative and MAGA. ;)
When I think of conservative, I think of level headed, common sense people who try to look at the things that affect the majority. Liberals aim at the lowest common denominator and the fringe groups. MAGA has just turned into a slogan for a tiny, tiny group of people. Unfortunately, all the good things Trump did gets overshadowed because he simply can't get out of his own way. I liken him to Bobby Knight and Jerry Jones. I'm alot more familiar with Knight being a Hoosier fan. There are about 80% of the things that Bobby Knight did which are phenominal and exactly what you want as a leader. Discipline, expected a high standard from his players. Did not, I repeat did not cheat or allow boosters to get near the players. Made sure players graduated and helped them in any way possible after their school days. Unfortunatety the other 20% is what may perceive as Knight. A big brash, bully who threw chairs and used intimidation to get his way. The 1976 team with Kent Benson, Quinn Buckner, Bobby Wilkerson and Scott May was the finest assembly of basketball talent that any college had back then. Knight was always able to get guys to do their jobs and work together as a team.

For six months in 1980 I delivered the Phoenix-Gazette to a retirement snowbird trailer park in Apache Jct, Arizona. I would ride my bicycle to the park, which was a mile away from my home. The stack of papers to be delivered would be waiting for me at the park entrance.

One Saturday a month I would have to stop at every customer's home and collect payment and hope for a tip! Also went out weekly to various locations to solicit....offering such perks as a rubber grip lid opener if they signed up for six months. Had someone point a snub-nose pistol at me at one solicitation...then the guy gave me a one dollar bill and said "here is a buck for luck". Was scared out of my mind! Sending kids out to solicit like that just wouldn't happen today.

With the money I saved, I called a motorcycle parts store and purchased a DG header for my 1979 Honda XR80, which I installed myself. Still have that bike.

When I think of conservative, I think of level headed, common sense people who try to look at the things that affect the majority. Liberals aim at the lowest common denominator and the fringe groups. MAGA has just turned into a slogan for a tiny, tiny group of people. Unfortunately, all the good things Trump did gets overshadowed because he simply can't get out of his own way. I liken him to Bobby Knight and Jerry Jones. I'm alot more familiar with Knight being a Hoosier fan. There are about 80% of the things that Bobby Knight did which are phenominal and exactly what you want as a leader. Discipline, expected a high standard from his players. Did not, I repeat did not cheat or allow boosters to get near the players. Made sure players graduated and helped them in any way possible after their school days. Unfortunatety the other 20% is what may perceive as Knight. A big brash, bully who threw chairs and used intimidation to get his way. The 1976 team with Kent Benson, Quinn Buckner, Bobby Wilkerson and Scott May was the finest assembly of basketball talent that any college had back then. Knight was always able to get guys to do their jobs and work together as a team.
Woody Hayes is in that group. Imo, off topic

That may be where our real pay came into play. Responsibility, dedication, perseverance (collecting), and customer service come to mind.

Sunday papers: I think Saturday should have come after Sunday as a reward. Saturday's bag felt like a feather, and then Sunday's YIKES!
How often we miss the benefits of a tough job or situation?
My son was complaining that he wasted 4 years of his life at a liberal university (Ohio State) when he is finding his graduate schools much more to his liking. But, as he prepares for a career in medicine, I pointed out four years of living among a culturally diverse segment of society has served him well in being comfortable talking with patients of many different backgrounds.

I'm certain the paper route paid much greater returns later in life. No regrets and no waste of time if growth is the goal.

How often we miss the benefits of a tough job or situation?
My son was complaining that he wasted 4 years of his life at a liberal university (Ohio State) when he is finding his graduate schools much more to his liking. But, as he prepares for a career in medicine, I pointed out four years of living among a culturally diverse segment of society has served him well in being comfortable talking with patients of many different backgrounds.

I'm certain the paper route paid much greater returns later in life. No regrets and no waste of time if growth is the goal.
There has to be push back. It's catastrophic indoctrination that will cripple our society. It's the Globalists plan