Euro 2020 Discussion

Is there over/under on soccer matches? If so I would take the over on the potential Spain v France match.

By the way many Euros rag on Americans because of their larger size, looking at all these fat shirtless Swiss fans today makes me think they may want to look a little deeper at themselves.

Ukraine up 1 man for the OT and finally puts one in during the waning minutes. Nice goal but dude rips off his shirt and he has on a sports bra?!? When did soccer players start wearing sports bras on the pitch?

They're geared with performance trackers. It's for trainers to gain data

I thought the red on the Swedish player was harsh. It's unfortunate he caught the guy's knee but he was making a play on the ball

They're geared with performance trackers. It's for trainers to gain data

I thought the red on the Swedish player was harsh. It's unfortunate he caught the guy's knee but he was making a play on the ball
I agree and was saying as much to my son. Apparently it was a no brainer to award the red according to the announcers. May be I missed something but there wasn’t any grievous intent there.??‍♂️ What do I know I’ve been watching girls/women’s soccer for over 20 years, 2 daughters ,4 yrs old thru D1 college and I’ve never seen a red card issued.

I agree and was saying as much to my son. Apparently it was a no brainer to award the red according to the announcers. May be I missed something but there wasn’t any grievous intent there.??‍♂️ What do I know I’ve been watching girls/women’s soccer for over 20 years, 2 daughters ,4 yrs old thru D1 college and I’ve never seen a red card issued.
I take it you don't watch European leagues very often.

I take it you don't watch European leagues very often.
I watch Premier League occasionally on Sunday mornings other than that only tournaments like Euro, World Cup. I’m not saying the red card was incorrect apparently it wasn’t but in my mind to be booted from a match you have to do something intentional and flagrant.

I watch Premier League occasionally on Sunday mornings other than that only tournaments like Euro, World Cup. I’m not saying the red card was incorrect apparently it wasn’t but in my mind to be booted from a match you have to do something intentional and flagrant.
Over the years, in person and on TV, I've seen maybe a dozen straight reds. Most were deservedly given but I feel a couple may have been accumulation/reputation reds.

Straight red in Spain Switzerland game yesterday. Even though they lost, I thought the Swiss goalie made a case for player of the tournament.

Seems like Italy is the buzz saw of the tournament but Denmark are giving it everything they have. That would be a great final

Soccer related note: the Crew's new stadium is awesome