EUCLID

In the same light, you have no room dodging the Q about Euclid, which is what this thread is about. You have no facts about Benedictine/JOES match-up. For your info, I am a Benedictine supporter because of personal reasons. This is why Mass. had to chime in, for they want some insight from 2 programs that have WON championships. If you want crap talk then check out a Mass. thread.
Why would I answer questions about Euclid I have no clue what goes on at that school.
And Rotsky had all week last week to call Benedictine back and he waited until the last minute when he knew Benedictine would say no it was too late to schedule a game. Just facts.

Yep VASJ has been down for a while. Historically they have produced some quality NFL players,had sustained success, and had a legendary coach. White flight killed that school. As a D-1 school they were among the best in the Cleve area if not the state at one time. The Ed's rivalry in the Crown conference especially. They went all the way down to near extinction and are working their way back up. In the last 18 yrs since that Championship game loss they have had some playoff appearances. Down......yes.......to frame this school as a looser with no success ever is willfully ignorant. But they have one thing Massillon does not.........A FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! . Just sayingView attachment 21405
Would the folks in Massillon trade a single championship for many many many many years of irrelevance? Hell no. But if you're ok with it, well....thats cool too. Btw, it's "loser" not "looser"....YOU of all people should know that.

Would the folks in Massillon trade a single championship for many many many many years of irrelevance? Hell no. But if you're ok with it, well....thats cool too. Btw, it's "loser" not "looser"....YOU of all people should know that.
If the only sport you care about is football it would be easy.
Most fans root for all the sports of their school, so most VASJ fans would keep their 18 state championships.
14 of these were won since Massillon won their last paper title.

Anyone under 50 would have celebrated 14 state titles for the Vikings versus 0 for the Tigers.
You don't have to be the father of Geometry to know which is more desirable.

Most fans root for all the sports of their school, so most VASJ fans would keep their 18 state championships.

Anyone under 50 would have celebrated 14 state titles for the Vikings versus 0 for the Tigers.
I did not know that it was that many Championships for JOES.

I did not know that it was that many Championships for JOES.
Yup. Joes is much more than just a football school
Besides academics and Super Bowl MVP and Heisman winner Desmond Howard, VASJ boasts 7 state titles in Boys's Basketball, 4 state championships in Men's Cross Country, 3 in softball, 2 in Volleyball, 1 in Girls Basketball, 1 in Wrestling, and of course the 1989 OHSAA state championship in Football.

vikings4 life, would you rather have all that or 0 OHSAA championships and some paper titles before you were born?

Yup. Joes is much more than just a football school
Besides academics and Super Bowl MVP and Heisman winner Desmond Howard, VASJ boasts 7 state titles in Boys's Basketball, 4 state championships in Men's Cross Country, 3 in softball, 2 in Volleyball, 1 in Girls Basketball, 1 in Wrestling, and of course the 1989 OHSAA state championship in Football.

vikings4 life, would you rather have all that or 0 OHSAA championships and some paper titles before you were born?
I am thrilled to be JOES and not some phony, bust-out, wanna-be Mass. robot.

Last edited:

This proves you're a hypocrite. And you're too stupid to realize it. When Massillon fans bring up the "transfers" to other teams in other sports, you called foul, "keep the topic on football you said." Hypocrite.

VASJ is currently 3-0 and has not played a game in 2 weeks. They beat CVCA (3-2), Holy Name (1-3) and Ashtabula Lakeside (2-3). Just trying to understand, how have you come to the conclusion of “when you can come play at VASJ (football), you compete for a State Championship?”

This is the football forum, not hoops.

I'm just basing it on the amount of quality kids in the program, the success the JV / Freshman squad is having and the current state ranking in D4. That is a vast improvement in year one over previous years and a insane improvement over the garbage they endeared under Grbac. They should make a nice playoff run this year and then after poaching more players from the public schools in the off season be a legit D4 contender next year.

This proves you're a hypocrite. And you're too stupid to realize it. When Massillon fans bring up the "transfers" to other teams in other sports, you called foul, "keep the topic on football you said." Hypocrite.
For me to explain why I'm not a hypocrite would require you to have much more intelligence than you have. So I won't go there.

I'll just end with this.
If I'm a hypocrite wouldn't that also make you a hypocrite, since you didn't have a problem bringing up the other sports but obviously have a problem with me bringing up the other sports.

Never cared about you bringing up other sports until YOU said it was off limits for us to bring up recruits in other sports. Pretty simple really. If there's an adult nearby ask them to explain it to you.

How is that highly competitive schedule working out for Euclid ? Higley was bragging about playing one of the toughest schedules in the state. What that has done is sucked the life out of this team and they have a bunch of tough games left. There are kids right now playing at Euclid that have already been quoted as saying " I dont care, I'm going to Joe's next year". Euclid may have a JV team - but not having a freshman team is going to really hurt their depth and development. We will see how things shake out and Rotsky said he was not looking to take Junior or Senior transfers - that might change if those kids are from Euclid. Whatever happened must have been bad because the hate is real.

Joe's is much better and will be even better next year when Rotsky has a known comity to sell to the area players. Why go to Euclid, Wickliffe, Richmond Hts, etc - when you can come play at VASJ and compete for State Championship. This year was just the start.

That being said at some point Rotsky has to prove he can win the big games. He has not done that much in his career. He was unable to beat the big boys in D1 while at CH or Euclid - can he do it now. Can he beat Lake, Walsh and the historically good playoff teams ? That is ultimately how you are judged at schools like VASJ, Iggy, Ed's, etc. Who cares about the regular season - what did you do when the playoffs rolled around. I know for a long time in hoops at VASJ if you did not win it all the season was a failure. That is going to be the expectation under Rotsky - especially if he is in D3 or D4. No excuses.
Bingo! Probably won't beat Walsh, but with the rest in down years should beat the rest easily.
Beating better coached teams in playoff games (despite having better talent) has been a real weakness historically. Amanda Clearcreek 2 years in a row at Chanel,. Hoban(undiscplined fiasco) , tallmadge(pummeled) Canfield (pummeled) and Chardon at maple, At Clev Hts not a great record overall, 2 back to back losses to Ed's in playoff first time actually best effort the 2nd was an butt-kicking). Euclid another st eds beating after benefiting from expanded playoff format to get in. D-4 beside Ursuline in weakest div this tear in Ohio.

In the same light, you have no room dodging the Q about Euclid, which is what this thread is about. You have no facts about Benedictine/JOES match-up. For your info, I am a Benedictine supporter because of personal reasons. This is why Mass. had to chime in, for they want some insight from 2 programs that have WON championships. If you want crap talk then check out a Mass. thread.
Didn't want to play bennies, losing to them hurts his talent procurement

Joe's is much better and will be even better next year when Rotsky has a known comity to sell to the area players. Why go to Euclid, Wickliffe, Richmond Hts, etc - when you can come play at VASJ and compete for State Championship. This year was just the start.

That being said at some point Rotsky has to prove he can win the big games. He has not done that much in his career. He was unable to beat the big boys in D1 while at CH or Euclid - can he do it now. Can he beat Lake, Walsh and the historically good playoff teams ? That is ultimately how you are judged at schools like VASJ, Iggy, Ed's, etc. Who cares about the regular season - what did you do when the playoffs rolled around. I know for a long time in hoops at VASJ if you did not win it all the season was a failure. That is going to be the expectation under Rotsky - especially if he is in D3 or D4. No excuses.

“Why go to Euclid, Wickliffe, Richmond Hts, etc - when you can come play at VASJ and compete for State Championship.” This sure didn’t bode well. You forgot about a school just a couple miles west of you, the Glenville Tarblooders.

So what’s the expectation for Coach Rotsky moving forward? According to your statement above, you compete for a state championship if you come play football at VASJ. With only 1 playoff win, the high expectations of this season, all the negative drama, canceled games, no field to play on, etc…what’s next?

“Why go to Euclid, Wickliffe, Richmond Hts, etc - when you can come play at VASJ and compete for State Championship.” This sure didn’t bode well. You forgot about a school just a couple miles west of you, the Glenville Tarblooders.

So what’s the expectation for Coach Rotsky moving forward? According to your statement above, you compete for a state championship if you come play football at VASJ. With only 1 playoff win, the high expectations of this season, all the negative drama, canceled games, no field to play on, etc…what’s next?

Who knows honestly. Last night was my first time watching them. It was more out of curiosity then it was for support. What I left with was it was just like watching Euclid. I think people (not me) forgot that there are tough teams in Ohio in all divisions. What i posted above was NOT my opinion but rather what Rotsky was selling kids. I'm sure if he is still there kids will come play for him and I'm sure the school will iron out a stadium to rent. Just like everything this situation will calm down and the school will have him on some kind of double secret probation if they keep him. He has to know this is his last life. The Vikings have always been a prideful program built on the tough kids from the neighborhood. Glenville did not beat VASJ IMO - they beat Euclid.

Joe’s will likely be division 2 next year. Between the influx of new students and a much higher competitive balance number due to dozens of transfers, they will be moving. Good luck in division 2. Something tells me this was Rotsky best chance at the coveted state title.

Joe’s will likely be division 2 next year. Between the influx of new students and a much higher competitive balance number due to dozens of transfers, they will be moving. Good luck in division 2. Something tells me this was Rotsky best chance at the coveted state title.
Can't wait. Btw, where's V4L?

Clown show. You guys have a school falling apart on the slums of Lakeshore Blvd and no home field to play football games.

JUST WIN BABY

I know it's crazy and we have still had larger incoming class then Lake the last 4 or 5 years. Amazing. How bad must Lake be.