ESPN: First Actively Gay NFL Player

Obviously. He said that with his 1st post. Congrats. You can read. I want a link to the thread so I don't have to search through an entire website or Forum to find his reference. Is that hard for you to understand?
In your haste to argue and squash the aching loneliness in your life you failed to actually read his post

I guess if you follow him on Instagram? I didn't take OldSoulon to be a big Carl Nassib social media follower, but I guess I'm wrong. ?‍♂️
over your head GIF by ABC Network

Reactions: y2h
Homosexuality is totally normal. It is common, expected, and typical of all cultures and species of living creatures. Something does not need to be predominant to be normal.
Its prevalent so I guess you could apply "normal" in a statistical sense - although science tends to avoid that term entirely.

The research I've read sets the prevalence at 5-10%. I believe it is closer to 5, but not sure if even 20% could be considered normal, even in the prevalent/statistical sense.

I would take issue with your "all cultures and species of living creatures" point. "All" is usually indicative of a false statement and I have never read that in social science papers. I have heard it said by activists.

But "normal" is a value judgement in the common sense we use it and it will vary from person to person.

Last edited:
Its prevalent so I guess you could apply "normal" in a statistical sense - although science tends to avoid that term entirely.

The research I've read sets the prevalence at 5-10%. I believe it is closer to 5, but not sure if even 20% could be considered normal, even in the prevalent/statistical sense.

But "normal" is a value judgement in the common sense we use it and it will vary from person to person.
The last statement is true. Normal is relative. Speaking in terms of strictly American societal “norms”. Homosexuality is normal.

When are you gonna post the Nassib thread you referenced?

But "normal" is a value judgement in the common sense we use it and it will vary from person to person

Birds of a feather flock together, therefore Prov likely encounters more than us normal folk so taht is why he has a skewed view of, well, everything.

20%?

BS>

There you are! Would you kindly pop a link for the thread you so proudly referenced? Several of us would like to read it.
I know what you are doing.

It's not hard. Google penn st football forum blue white illustrated and I'm sure you will find it.

And then I'm sure you will distort and do your thing, but knock yourself out.

Now, excuse me. Back to the salt mines.

Holy crap that's stupid.

It's abnormal behavior exhibited mainly in the young and inexperienced, or in the prolonged absence of the opposite sex.

Some times I think you enjoy your beatings.
There is a joke there but I will let it be.....

The issue we have on hand is that each generation more and more abhorrent behavior is accepted until we have complete chaos.

Abnormal behavior usually brings consequences. STD's Aids,
There is a joke there but I will let it be.....

The issue we have on hand is that each generation more and more abhorrent behavior is accepted until we have complete chaos.
They'll be ok'ing sex with animals in a couple generations.

It shouldn’t be a big deal, but ESPN will drive this story into the ground. I respect him for doing this but if he hams up the story and uses it as leverage to avoid getting cut, then I can’t respect him. The truth is he’s a decent player but he’s 3rd string on the Raiders depth chart and scheduled to make 13 mm the next 2 years. Those are the kind of guys who get cut and the Raiders should not have to worry about the social ramifications if they cut him.

Don't forget Fox News. They have four written articles surrounding this story whereas ESPN only has two. In fact here's ESPN's homepage:

View attachment 18233

Here's Fox News sports section:

View attachment 18234

"HISTORIC DAY"

No matter your thoughts, this is a newsworthy story. An established player feels that the landscape is safe for him to make such an announcement. Carl made the announcement on his Instagram less than 24 hours ago, and already this feels like old news. NFL followers and the LGBTQ audience know about this story, but my memory tells me that the Michael Sam story crossed over to a wider audience. Granted, in that instance, there was a discussion to be had whether Sam's announcement would hurt his draft stock.

I don't think you'll see any new coverage of this story by tomorrow unless you actively look for it.
It’s a newsworthy story, but how far do they want to push this? I’m guessing like a lot of LGBT media, they’ll push it to obnoxious levels.