ESPN: First Actively Gay NFL Player

I don't know how you're defining "big deal". Are you saying that any time any story is makes national news, the media is making a big deal? Or are you saying this is not/should not be a newsworthy story (which if so, I commend on your progressive stance here).

The term "Carl Nassib" has been queried more than one million times in the last 24 hours. His Instagram post has been liked more than half a million times and has almost 37,000 comments. Not to mention the many thousands of related tweets from media and individuals alike. Even the discussion of whether his announcement should be newsworthy is newsworthy. Just because you think it shouldn't be a story doesn't mean it isn't. People are choosing to participate in it.
His name is a term now? Term for what?

Homosexuality is totally normal. It is common, expected, and typical of all cultures and species of living creatures. Something does not need to be predominant to be normal.
Homosexuality is accepted....not necessarily normal in terms of nature. it doesn't serve a purpose in nature really. Cant reproduce naturally which is really what nature is all about. Survival of a species. I would classify it as abnormal behavior at that level.

But it has been normalized and accepted for sure in our culture. Now more than ever.

I don't know how you're defining "big deal". Are you saying that any time any story is makes national news, the media is making a big deal? Or are you saying this is not/should not be a newsworthy story (which if so, I commend on your progressive stance here).

The term "Carl Nassib" has been queried more than one million times in the last 24 hours. His Instagram post has been liked more than half a million times and has almost 37,000 comments. Not to mention the many thousands of related tweets from media and individuals alike. Even the discussion of whether his announcement should be newsworthy is newsworthy. Just because you think it shouldn't be a story doesn't mean it isn't. People are choosing to participate in it.
As I said....it's being made into a big deal by many. I don't have a problem with that. I don't see how where he decides to put his penis has any effect on his ability to pass rush. But if it's important to him who am I to say? Not my place to judge.

Homosexuality is accepted....not necessarily normal in terms of nature. it doesn't serve a purpose in nature really. Cant reproduce naturally which is really what nature is all about. Survival of a species. I would classify it as abnormal behavior at that level.

But it has been normalized and accepted for sure in our culture. Now more than ever.
I think we generally agree with a couple of exceptions. Not everything in nature has a purpose. Normal just means it is typical or expected. Finally, reproduction occurs naturally under conditions of heterosexual intercourse not under sexual orientation. As such, to reproduce you just need to be willing to screw the opposite sex. It literally has nothing to do with preference how you are oriented.

I think we generally agree with a couple of exceptions. Not everything in nature has a purpose. Normal just means it is typical or expected. Finally, reproduction occurs naturally under conditions of heterosexual intercourse not under sexual orientation. As such, to reproduce you just need to be willing to screw the opposite sex. It literally has nothing to do with preference how you are oriented.
Yes, normal is typical. Homosexuality is atypical or abnormal in the since it's opposite of normal. I don't think of homosexuals as being abnormal in the sense that they are deranged, etc. I don't necessarily view or treat them differently.

That sexual preference often gets in the way of being willing to screw the opposite sex.

Yes, normal is typical. Homosexuality is atypical or abnormal in the since it's opposite of normal. I don't think of homosexuals as being abnormal in the sense that they are deranged, etc. I don't necessarily view or treat them differently.

That sexual preference often gets in the way of being willing to screw the opposite sex.
Sure. If you don't like something you might avoid it if possible but that does not stop people from doing things they do not like. Homosexuality does not inhibit reproduction unless you decide to refuse to screw the opposite sex. As such, it is no bigger an inhibitor than any other consideration you might take regarding a reproduction decision.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Sure. If you don't like something you might avoid it if possible but that does not stop people from doing things they do not like. Homosexuality does not inhibit reproduction unless you decide to refuse to screw the opposite sex. As such, it is no bigger an inhibitor than any other consideration you might take regarding a reproduction decision.
I think a lot are going the artificial insemination, surrogate, or old fashioned adoption route.

"Queried"?

Now you're calling him a queer?

I think a lot are going the artificial insemination, surrogate, or old fashioned adoption route.
Sure they are. Those are choices available to heterosexuals, as well. My point is that homosexuality does not inhibit reproduction more than any number of other considerations. You just need to be willing to do something you prefer not to do like most of us do every single day.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Sure they are. Those are choices available to heterosexuals, as well. My point is that homosexuality does not inhibit reproduction more than any number of other considerations. You just need to be willing to do something you prefer not to do like most of us do every single day.
Thanks for saying that.

Again.

If you want to get technical, Yappi is a website that contains many forums. So if one would refer to forum on this site, they would want to know which one (Debate, General, etc). You should have used site, not forum.
I don't mean to be rude, but I am a technical professional and when someone uses my language and gets it incorrect, it makes me BS crazy! Know the meaning of words before you use them!
I actually realized your point after I saw ProV1's post but had to go the salt mines. Yeah, I see the point and how it can be confusing.

Sorry ProV1. My bad.

I appreciate the specificity. I did not get too hung up on the semantics. I understood what he was saying which is why I asked for a link to the thread and not the forum. I did not want to go through an entire website or forum to find what he proudly referenced.
:ROFLMAO:

He said another forum dimwit
Obviously. He said that with his 1st post. Congrats. You can read. I want a link to the thread so I don't have to search through an entire website or Forum to find his reference. Is that hard for you to understand?

I'm just surprised that the first active gay player is a defensive end. Tight end would have surprised me as well for some reason.

My guess would have been split end, flanker, or wide receiver.

I'm just surprised that the first active gay player is a defensive end. Tight end would have surprised me as well for some reason.

My guess would have been split end, flanker, or wide receiver.
There you are! Would you kindly pop a link for the thread you so proudly referenced? Several of us would like to read it.