ESPN: First Actively Gay NFL Player

I can't wait for the first long snapper who was a 6th round pick from the SEC to come out.

That will be a first, as well.
ESPN ran a story when bubba Wallace led a lap in the Daytona 500. First black driver to lead a lap there I guess. Was their lead story

Of course it was during green flag pit stops when the leaders had already pitted. That was left out

If you want to get technical, Yappi is a website that contains many forums. So if one would refer to forum on this site, they would want to know which one (Debate, General, etc). You should have used site, not forum.
I don't mean to be rude, but I am a technical professional and when someone uses my language and gets it incorrect, it makes me BS crazy! Know the meaning of words before you use them!
I appreciate the specificity. I did not get too hung up on the semantics. I understood what he was saying which is why I asked for a link to the thread and not the forum. I did not want to go through an entire website or forum to find what he proudly referenced.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the first long snapper who was a 6th round pick from the SEC to come out.

That will be a first, as well.
"The first long snapper who was a 6th round pick from the SEC to come out will be the first long snapper who was a 6th round pick from the SEC to come out."

Well done.

I appreciate the specificity. I did not get too hung up on the semantics. I understood what he was saying that is why I asked for a link to the thread and not the forum. I did not want to go through an entire website or forum to find what he proudly referenced.
Gotcha.

Don't forget Fox News. They have four written articles surrounding this story whereas ESPN only has two. In fact here's ESPN's homepage:

View attachment 18233

Here's Fox News sports section:

View attachment 18234

"HISTORIC DAY"

No matter your thoughts, this is a newsworthy story. An established player feels that the landscape is safe for him to make such an announcement. Carl made the announcement on his Instagram less than 24 hours ago, and already this feels like old news. NFL followers and the LGBTQ audience know about this story, but my memory tells me that the Michael Sam story crossed over to a wider audience. Granted, in that instance, there was a discussion to be had whether Sam's announcement would hurt his draft stock.

I don't think you'll see any new coverage of this story by tomorrow unless you actively look for it.
So you now agree people are making a big deal about it?

Don't forget Fox News. They have four written articles surrounding this story whereas ESPN only has two. In fact here's ESPN's homepage:

View attachment 18233

Here's Fox News sports section:

View attachment 18234

"HISTORIC DAY"

No matter your thoughts, this is a newsworthy story. An established player feels that the landscape is safe for him to make such an announcement. Carl made the announcement on his Instagram less than 24 hours ago, and already this feels like old news. NFL followers and the LGBTQ audience know about this story, but my memory tells me that the Michael Sam story crossed over to a wider audience. Granted, in that instance, there was a discussion to be had whether Sam's announcement would hurt his draft stock.

I don't think you'll see any new coverage of this story by tomorrow unless you actively look for it.
Exactly... clicks=$$$$$$$$$=more Bitcoin

So you now agree people are making a big deal about it?
CNN's sports homepage (which is now just Bleacher Report? When did that happen?) doesn't have any link to the story right now.

NYT posted exactly one story, which is no longer the lead story on its sports page. A story about uniform standards in baseball is.

CBS, yeah, it's there on their sports homepage, but have they really given it any special treatment beyond any other story that is less than 24 hours old?

Raiders and the NFL. Yeah, it's the lead story, but it's also their corner of the world. It would be expected.

Aside from Fox News, I don't see any coverage that I would characterize as making a big deal.

CNN's sports homepage (which is now just Bleacher Report? When did that happen?) doesn't have any link to the story right now.

NYT posted exactly one story, which is no longer the lead story on its sports page. A story about uniform standards in baseball is.

CBS, yeah, it's there on their sports homepage, but have they really given it any special treatment beyond any other story that is less than 24 hours old?

Raiders and the NFL. Yeah, it's the lead story, but it's also their corner of the world. It would be expected.

Aside from Fox News, I don't see any coverage that I would characterize as making a big deal.
Fox has clearly gone over the top with this story for some reason. The obviously think it resonates with their viewer/reader demographics.

I didn't say it was going to stay a top story for long but pretending nobody has made a big deal about this simply isn't true.

So this guy said he did not want to make a big deal out of it, but yet he announces on social media.. right!
No one cares. Keep to yourself. It‘s all just activism. Indoctrination that leads to normalization.. it already happened to 60% of the population. behavior is normalized.. next stop normalization of pederasty.

Why is it a story in any way, shape, or form?

So this guy said he did not want to make a big deal out of it, but yet he announces on social media.. right!
No one cares. Keep to yourself. It‘s all just activism. Indoctrination that leads to normalization.. it already happened to 60% of the population. behavior is normalized.. next stop normalization of pederasty.
Homosexuality is totally normal. It is common, expected, and typical of all cultures and species of living creatures. Something does not need to be predominant to be normal.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
I didn't say it was going to stay a top story for long but pretending nobody has made a big deal about this simply isn't true.
I don't know how you're defining "big deal". Are you saying that any time any story is makes national news, the media is making a big deal? Or are you saying this is not/should not be a newsworthy story (which if so, I commend on your progressive stance here).

The term "Carl Nassib" has been queried more than one million times in the last 24 hours. His Instagram post has been liked more than half a million times and has almost 37,000 comments. Not to mention the many thousands of related tweets from media and individuals alike. Even the discussion of whether his announcement should be newsworthy is newsworthy. Just because you think it shouldn't be a story doesn't mean it isn't. People are choosing to participate in it.

Breaking: Not to be outdone, the Steelers have signed the gay duo of Michael Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzmichael, out of the California School of Design's Fighting Poofs program.