Erik Kynard Olympic Champion

Back in the buggy, folks. This is NOT a done-deal as yet. The athlete's still have their opportunity to appeal this ruling, and the article only states that Kynard and the other athlete MAY be upgraded to the gold medals in their respective events. MAY being the operative word.

Considering this is a CAS ruling, not IAAF, there's virtually zero chance any appeal filed in the 21 day window will be reversed(CAS will also hear appeals). For all intents and purposes this is done. Then it will be up to the IOC to reallocate the medals, which is normally a formality.

Back in the buggy, folks. This is NOT a done-deal as yet. The athlete's still have their opportunity to appeal this ruling, and the article only states that Kynard and the other athlete MAY be upgraded to the gold medals in their respective events. MAY being the operative word.
I never saw the word may. The word can is used. I just don't see may and can as the same.

With Ukhov disqualified, the International Olympic Committee can upgrade silver medalist Erik Kynard to become the 2012 champion.

Is it SOP for the IOC to upgrade the medalists when a competitor or team is later disqualified? I know the NCAA would most likely just vacate a championship and not award it to the runner-up.

I never saw the word may. The word can is used. I just don't see may and can as the same.

With Ukhov disqualified, the International Olympic Committee can upgrade silver medalist Erik Kynard to become the 2012 champion.
We shall see what develops.

Congrats to Mr. Kynard, Ohio's SECOND Olympic high jump CHAMPION!!!

1st of course was Lima Central's own Robert King, the 1928 Olympic Champion, and 1924 Class A Ohio champion.