EOAC THREAD

I kind of forgot all about VCS. I did hear they are better this year than last. I haven't seen them play or heard a great deal about them, so maybe they could make a run. If they win the league a few years in a row I think they might find themselves removed from the league but who knows. It is kind of a weird fit. Good luck to all EOAC and MVAC teams. I really enjoy small school football and wish the best for all of these teams.
VC will bolt to the MVAC first chance they get. Much better geographical fit, Crestview will beg to join the EOAC, but Columbiana and EP have slammed that door shut due to OE losses to Crestview.

VC will bolt to the MVAC first chance they get. Much better geographical fit, Crestview will beg to join the EOAC, but Columbiana and EP have slammed that door shut due to OE losses to Crestview.
I don’t think Crestview wants to leave the mvac, they compete pretty well there. Unless they want to be a big fish in a small pond

I just meant a lot of those games would be blowouts unless they schedule really tough non conference
That was one of the reasons Crestview got booted, along with Range, wanting to bring larger schools into the ITCL upper, even after scheduling larger in OOL. Not saying larger was bad, not all agreed to it, then the OE issue reared it's head, largely against Crestview with that 400+ OE. With that said, it isn't out of the question as some EOAC schools are scheduling them again.

Pretty surprised to see how bad Leetonia is considering everyone lauded this McLaughlin hire as OC and the next guy there and they have scored two touchdowns in three games.
...And Leetonia 2 TD's were in mop up duty. Newspapers said Martins Ferry subbed in 2nd quarter

Southern, United, and VCS should all be solid games against each other to determine the league. I think Valley has improved enough up front to win both. I think United might be the worst of the 3.
United went back to their 2020 philosophy throwing it. Knight is back in his natural position.
They had to Woody Hayes it last year out of necessity. Should be a great one between United and Valley thus weekend. Even though they already played at Campbell this will be Valleys 1st 'home game this year

Southern, United, and VCS should all be solid games against each other to determine the league. I think Valley has improved enough up front to win both. I think United might be the worst of the 3.
I’m curious as to what you qualify as being the worst out of the 3? Southern and United have played a near identical schedule. Both stacked up points on EC. Southern kept it a defensive battle with Crestview and United found a way in the second half. United’s offensive power is something else. VC has athletes all over the field, just not sure I see the improvements you speak of up front.

I’m curious as to what you qualify as being the worst out of the 3? Southern and United have played a near identical schedule. Both stacked up points on EC. Southern kept it a defensive battle with Crestview and United found a way in the second half. United’s offensive power is something else. VC has athletes all over the field, just not sure I see the improvements you speak of up front.
Overall Valley's O line play has improved. On D when when you run ran at them Valley usually wins the battle up front. However they are vulnerable for a good QB fake. Out of the 3 they have obviously played the lesser schedule. We will see when United comes up north this week

Overall Valley's O line play has improved. On D when when you run ran at them Valley usually wins the battle up front. However they are vulnerable for a good QB fake. Out of the 3 they have obviously played the lesser schedule. We will see when United comes up north this week
Regardless of schedule, VC has dominated whatever team lines up across from them. Hake has them going in the right direction for sure. Should be a great battle with athletes lined up all over the field.

This could be one of the most competitive weeks in the league all year. Other than Southern vs Lisbon, the other games are pretty evenly matched.

Clippers need a win and I think Spaite gets #200 Friday night in Wellsville, Southern wins by a handful, EP gets win number one and United knocks off VC.

That Southern and VC might be better than United? It was just an opinion, and given there has been zero conference games and only 3 weeks of games in general, there isn't a ton to go off of. United very well may sweep the EOAC and go 10-0, that would not surprise me at all.

That Southern and VC might be better than United? It was just an opinion, and given there has been zero conference games and only 3 weeks of games in general, there isn't a ton to go off of. United very well may sweep the EOAC and go 10-0, that would not surprise me at all.
I think each one has a legit claim to being “best”. I just was wondering how you qualified them is all.

Pretty surprised to see how bad Leetonia is considering everyone lauded this McLaughlin hire as OC and the next guy there and they have scored two touchdowns in three games.
All I’ve heard all off-season was how great the kid is… 2 TDS in 4 weeks. Im sure it’ll happen for them and eventually he will figure it out…. But this dude was wayyyyyyy overhyped from a lot of people

Well, in watching the United-VC game last night, I would say that VC pretty much dominated the line of scrimmage. And that was against some pretty big boys on the United line. Hake definitely had Valley fired up and they out physically played United. I think the real key to Valley is that they didn't shoot themselves in the foot. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Souther and Valley play in a few weeks.

I don’t think Crestview wants to leave the mvac, they compete pretty well there. Unless they want to be a big fish in a small pond
I would disagree with you on that Buckeye. Cusick (football coach and AD) would love to be in the EOAC with the other schools from the old TCL. It was some of those schools that essentially kicked Crestview out of the ITCL. That wasn't Crestview choice. The MVAC is just the best of a bad situation. And like Bulldog mentioned, the travel is not an ideal situation.

As time goes on, and perhaps feelings become less sensitive, along with changing administrations, if Valley leaves I can see Crestview being invited back into the fold.

As long as EP and Columbiana are in the EOAC, Crestview will have heavy resistance to be admitted. None of the other schools were affected by OE loss to Crestview as those two are.

I would disagree with you on that Buckeye. Cusick (football coach and AD) would love to be in the EOAC with the other schools from the old TCL. It was some of those schools that essentially kicked Crestview out of the ITCL. That wasn't Crestview choice. The MVAC is just the best of a bad situation. And like Bulldog mentioned, the travel is not an ideal situation.

As time goes on, and perhaps feelings become less sensitive, along with changing administrations, if Valley leaves I can see Crestview being invited back into the fold.
I agree with a lot of this, with playoffs at 16 now there’s no reason to reignite some of those rivalries

Well, in watching the United-VC game last night, I would say that VC pretty much dominated the line of scrimmage. And that was against some pretty big boys on the United line. Hake definitely had Valley fired up and they out physically played United. I think the real key to Valley is that they didn't shoot themselves in the foot. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when Souther and Valley play in a few weeks.
I was pleasantly surprised that Valley won by being the more physical team as opposed to being the better athletic team. I would put Southern as the favorite over United but wouldn't be shocked to see United pick up that W.
There are gonna be some ridiculous blowouts when the top 3 play the others.