EOAC THREAD

Who are the top dogs in the EOAC this year? Looks like a combination of United, Valley Christian or Southern Local? Any sleepers? What do we think the standings will look like this year. Could be a fun discussion

Would have to say its those 3 then everyone else. Valley Christian would be my pick to win it this year, Hake has his feet under him and the athletes they will probably have will be an issue for everyone else in the league.

It should be the same top teams again in the EOAC with Southern, United and Valley Christian. Like others on here, I think Hake has had enough time to recru....um, I mean benefit from new enrollees at the school to push them to the front.

You can break this league down into tiers. Tops Dogs would be Southern/Valley Christian/United. Then a mix of the final teams with Wellsville/Columbiana and Leetonia (I believe this team will surprise some people) being at the top of that mix. I can see about 5 teams making the playoffs in the league. Just my opinion......

You can break this league down into tiers. Tops Dogs would be Southern/Valley Christian/United. Then a mix of the final teams with Wellsville/Columbiana and Leetonia (I believe this team will surprise some people) being at the top of that mix. I can see about 5 teams making the playoffs in the league. Just my opinion......

Agree with VC being the favorite. Clippers should be much improved, but I still think they're a year away.

What in the world would make you think Leetonia will be good? Is there another Ferry coming through?

Agree with VC being the favorite. Clippers should be much improved, but I still think they're a year away.

What in the world would make you think Leetonia will be good? Is there another Ferry coming through?
From what I have been hearing. New staff getting good numbers and kids buying in

IMO until VCS closes the gap in the trenches they are still behind United and Southern. The VC/United game was canceled last year, but the Southern game was 46-0 at half. Not saying they cant compete in 22 with those two. It's more of a wait and see if they can get stronger overall to significantly hang with those two.

Leetonia has bullying issues in athletics. I seriously doubt they will be a contender. Sounds a little DeJa'Vu. There was a newspaper article about it.
Reading the article it did not go into many details would you care to explain?

Nice to see Hake's recruiting is paying dividends, Youngstown Christian moves to D6!
Columbiana is one under D5, EP and United are the other two D6.

Crestview also dropped to D6. Watch, they will be in the EOAC next opening.

The reason given by Toronto was the cost of travel participating in the league. I heard from a couple administrators (outside of Toronto) that were not buying that reasoning.

The EOAC is two weeks into their season and the same top three teams are 2-0 again this year. It looks like Valley Christian, United and Southern will be the 3 battling to win the league. I guess the only surprise is that Lisbon looks to be pretty good this year. The next three weeks will determine just how good they are with games against Toronto, Southern and Valley Christian.

It seems the separation between the top 3 teams and the bottom 3 is getting wider and wider. Leetonia and East Palestine look to be fighting to stay out of the bottom of the league standings.

The EOAC is two weeks into their season and the same top three teams are 2-0 again this year. It looks like Valley Christian, United and Southern will be the 3 battling to win the league. I guess the only surprise is that Lisbon looks to be pretty good this year. The next three weeks will determine just how good they are with games against Toronto, Southern and Valley Christian.

It seems the separation between the top 3 teams and the bottom 3 is getting wider and wider. Leetonia and East Palestine look to be fighting to stay out of the bottom of the league standings.

Fair assessment after two weeks. Clippers will struggle this year too. I went to their game Friday night, and they just aren't very good, unfortunately.

I still think Leetonia is the worst team in the league this year. EP and Wellsville aren't great, but if scores are any indication, they both appear to be better than Leetonia.

Very curious to see how Lisbon does this week. First two opponents weren't very good teams. Real test this week in undefeated Toronto.

Valley, United and Southern are as expected.

League play begins this week.

Columbiana @ Wellsville
United @ Valley Christian
Leetonia @ East Palestine
Southern Local @ Lisbon

Who you got?

Wellsville
Valley Christian
Leetonia @ East Palestine, No Comment. Dogs lost a very winnable game against Memorial.
Lisbon

I heard through the grapevine that EP has a large group out for jr. high football, 35+. If so that is a good sign. One way to rebuild a program is to start at the lower levels and make sure those kids are well coached. Maybe the hiring of a new coach has infused some energy into the program.

Overall the league is not very strong IMHO. I could see United and Southern winning a playoff game, maybe two if they play well but I don't see any teams in the league competing for Region 21 or Region 25 championships.

Southern, United, and VCS should all be solid games against each other to determine the league. I think Valley has improved enough up front to win both. I think United might be the worst of the 3.

Southern, United, and VCS should all be solid games against each other to determine the league. I think Valley has improved enough up front to win both. I think United might be the worst of the 3.
I kind of forgot all about VCS. I did hear they are better this year than last. I haven't seen them play or heard a great deal about them, so maybe they could make a run. If they win the league a few years in a row I think they might find themselves removed from the league but who knows. It is kind of a weird fit. Good luck to all EOAC and MVAC teams. I really enjoy small school football and wish the best for all of these teams.