Ellets New Bathroom?

ah, the Big Worm is back, ready to troll the ptc teams. Hrrumph, wait till he gets a whiff of Dusty Burkhart and Treon Sibley (Sibley!), all back from a winning track team.

Hey big worm, how did Ellet do last track season. Did you face Springfield? I'd be pulling for Springfield to crush you on the track.

Oh haha

No idea how Ellet did in track but would take Ellets guys any day. Im sure they were decent and they have way more speed

Coventry guy, so a few Kenmore kids enroll in Coventry and now you guys think you are athletic? lmao

Big Worm, last track season Coventry has gotten 7 runners to states across 4 events. I would pull for springfield to take down ellet in a close track meet, but Coventry would smash you by at least 70 points, we took down Woodridge and Hoban in meets last season. We even took down Massillon, Hoover, Lake, Jackson, and Green all together in a relay invite. (a ptc school beating up on the Feds!!!) Yes we are athletic, if you consider having a 10.89 100m D1 football recruit, a Sibley that can jump 6'2 at high jump, and having 3 of the 4 kids on a 43.36 state qualifying 4 by 100 also coming out for football. I know, a football game is won in the trenches, but that's where we have 2 300 lb ers who tore up the league at shot put and discus.

And if you want to question our athleticism further, remember that we did kick butt in basketball last season, taking down even a tough Alliance team. We struggled against SVSM, but they were a state contender that year, and our guys were tired from the grind against Alliance 2 days prior. You may diss that team, but basically everyone else on the forums from the Akron area offered their praises.

The only thing we don't have is a winning tradition, and also probably confidence. We need to get that sorted out and so we could translate our talent into wins. For the first time, we should actually have an advantage over most of our opponents in something, and that is speed. If we run the tables we could go 7-3. If we can go further and upset either Woodridge, Crestwood, or Barberton, we could make playoffs. I'm cautiously optimistic for Coventry's fortunes this season, we have some talent, and I hope we can translate that into W's. This could be our most talented roster in at least a few years. I also wish Springfield the best of luck this season, and also Ellet, even though your with them

Last edited:
Where did he run the 10.89? Whats his football position? Nobody in PTC or city can run a legit 10.89.. thats a high 4.4 40.

I'm glad that you asked Polster:
http://timerhub.com/getHytResults.p.../austintown_d2_regional_finals/160526F006.htm

He is a wide receiver, who is the second fastest Wide Reciever in the league. Dakari Carter of Streetsboro is the fastest.

Here are some other great results relevant to Coventry and the ptc league (specifically Streetsboro, and Woodridge):

http://timerhub.com/getHytResults.p.../austintown_d2_regional_finals/160526F008.htm

http://timerhub.com/getHytResults.p.../austintown_d2_regional_finals/160526F012.htm

http://timerhub.com/getHytResults.p.../austintown_d2_regional_finals/160526F028.htm

http://timerhub.com/getHytResults.p.../austintown_d2_regional_finals/160526F024.htm

Here is the main page:
http://timerhub.com/get_web_index.p...gcrew.com/2016/austintown_d2_regional_finals/

(top 4 go to states. Our 4 by 400 just missed it by two places)
Also look at the scores at the bottom of any one of these links. Woodridge 1st. Streetsboro 3rd. Coventry 8th. And Garfield (county) taking 6th. Impressive showing by ptc teams here. Looks like the ptc may be the best league for track, at least in d2. (of course the Suburban League and Federal League may be better, but they are all D1 teams.)

Last edited:
Yup, that's the success on the track I'm keeping in mind, when I'm hoping that we can translate that success on the track into success on the gridiron. As you can see we do have speed, and that does give us a clear advantage in that front over basically everyone but Streetsboro and Woodridge. IK that there is a lot more to football than some speed, but I know speed helps, and I hope it can go along way towards helping Coventry's fortunes this football season. It's been a while since we were really good at football, (James Harrison era to be exact) and so I hope we can put up a strong season this year.

Over/under...Marquise Bridges rushes for 250 next Friday? (Assuming he doesn't trip over the toilet)
I see over.... I also see spartan getting the same amount. Zach D has 70 yrds last year in first qrt before he broke his ankle. Springfields passing didnt look bad last night. ZD is the best linebacker in Akron hands down. Ive been on this kids wagon since he came in his freshman year. He is the most dominating football player ive seen in a long time. Bridges will feel this kids power.

Give a shout out to Doug Whited... D1 looked freekin good last night. Shows when a kid gets that extra talent from pops..

You must not have been to the game last year Polster if you say that kid is more dominant than Bridges. MB ran in circles and sideline to sideline before making the SHS look silly. I think this will be a good game though.

Coventry East is very big. They have more than 4 D1 guys on the squad.

Coventry had a scrimmage last night against East. After 2 quarters played, Coventry 10, East 7. I know it was just a scrimmage, but I thought we looked competent next to them.

Edit: East did have size, but Coventry made use of its speed, shutting down east's passing game. Their running game was brutal, but our guys started blitzing the quarterback, to some success, which slowed the offense, and lead to turnovers on downs. Coventry on offense struggled against Easts sheer size, but when the Comets could get running, they were hard to catch. All in all, it was a grind, a lot of marching the ball up and down the field, with little to show for it, but endless turnovers on downs. Now what I don't know is how a full game would have looked ,especially into fourth quarter; how much would fatigue affect Coventry's speed. If Coventry loses too much speed, East probably wins. Then again, Coventry does have a couple 400-800 runners in their lineup, so there is some endurance weapons, should the speed weapons in Burkhart and Sibley tire.

Last edited:
You must not have been to the game last year Polster if you say that kid is more dominant than Bridges. MB ran in circles and sideline to sideline before making the SHS look silly. I think this will be a good game though.

Im talking linebacker not rb.

East is big and slow up front and lack the very basics of lineman fundamentals. They are also average at best at the skill positions.

East is big and slow up front and lack the very basics of lineman fundamentals. They are also average at best at the skill positions.

Average at best even though they have 2 skill position players committed to Akron U.:Ohno:
Stay on the Barberton page please and feed the three followers over there your garbage.

Average at best even though they have 2 skill position players committed to Akron U.:Ohno:
Stay on the Barberton page please and feed the three followers over there your garbage.

Average at best.

And when did Defensive End become a skill position?

I saw East at a 7 on 7 and they looked the part. Big, fast, and strong. I didn't get the chance to see them play since it was a tourney but athlete wise, I can tell you they aren't hurting! They made top 5 out of 26 teams. I think Coventry is going to have a good year. So for East hanging tough I'll say that they will be a top tier team in the city, and might win it. I'll be at Ellet/Springfield game and I'm just hoping it's competitive. It's been some years since it's been a one or two TD game.