Ellet Hoops 15-16

Since we lost to East tonight in football, does that mean we can finally talk some Ellet hoops? I'm tired of going and talking to people on our neighboring communities' Yappi forums, lol. :banana:

Will be a different team for sure. Going from playing through Brady to being more guard oriented with Gareri playing both inside and out.
Talking to a parent, team chemistry will be much better this season! Buchtel transfer Miller Byrd is going to be a difference maker defensively.

I see a starting lineup of...
G - Marquise Bridges (Jr.)
G - Jaret Jones (Jr.)
G - Miller Byrd (Sr.)
F - Marquise Smith (Jr.)
F - A.J. Gareri (Jr.)

Joe Williams (Jr.) and Steve Zampelli (So.) will be valuable off the bench along with Jacob Kaut (Sr.), Dorlan Bell (Sr.), Al Johnson (So.) and Jacques Junius (Sr.). Jacob Jones (Sr.) will add some size inside if he decides to play.

They have a legit shot to repeat at City Series champs. Mark Fisher has put together a pretty tough non league and scrimmage schedule.
Should be a another exciting winter in Orange land. Hearing the freshmen and 7th grade groups have some good talent too.

Awesome! I hate seeing lots of City transfers, but it's the nature of the beast. And thank God ppl are finally coming instead of going, lol.

I love that we have four potential juniors starting. Any word on how good Zampelli is now? Heard he's been working hard on his shot.

I didn't see Zampelli this summer and I haven't been to open gym (I'm not a freak, my son plays!) but a few people told me they think he could start. I'll be at most of scrimmages to get a better look.

One kid I am hearing good things about is soph. Al Johnson. He's 6'8" with a 7' 1" wingspan and still growing. He was pretty raw offensively last year but a great shot blocker. He played all summer and has looked good this fall. He'll get some varsity minutes this season. Kent State has expressed early interest, I think he just needs to develop a mean streak.

I didn't see Zampelli this summer and I haven't been to open gym (I'm not a freak, my son plays!) but a few people told me they think he could start. I'll be at most of scrimmages to get a better look.

One kid I am hearing good things about is soph. Al Johnson. He's 6'8" with a 7' 1" wingspan and still growing. He was pretty raw offensively last year but a great shot blocker. He played all summer and has looked good this fall. He'll get some varsity minutes this season. Kent State has expressed early interest, I think he just needs to develop a mean streak.

I'm also excited about this years hoop team! That junior class is seriously loaded!! Dis you get a chance to check them out this weekend and if so how'd they do? Is coach haz and coach smith back? I heard they wear going to east. Who's your son by the way??

Haz and Smith are both back.
I could not attend the scrimmage but heard they did ok. Went 2-2-1 in five 20 min.qtrs. Cohesion not quite there and guys are working to get in basketball shape but they did look very good at times. Team atmosphere is outstanding, boys are all friends who really like and care about each other.

They scrimmage at Stow Wed. (JV and Varsity), I will be at that one.

What time is the scrimmage at Stow on Wednesday? I'd like to attend if I can make it. I don't have anything to do all day or all evening Wednesday, lol.

Please put the results on the board here. I know that Stow will be without 2 or 3 of their starters/key players since they are in the football playoffs this year.

I guess someone just told me in another forum that we will now be at the D1 Alliance district... Apparently Springfield got bumped up to that too. If so, they're gonna get destroyed. They struggled mightily in D2.

I guess someone just told me in another forum that we will now be at the D1 Alliance district... Apparently Springfield got bumped up to that too. If so, they're gonna get destroyed. They struggled mightily in D2.

That district will be a three team battle between Ellet, Lake and Harding.
Fyi...Ellet and Harding will meet in a Dunk 4 Diabetes game at Malone in January. Harding has a stud in 6'8" Derek Culver.

Please put the results on the board here. I know that Stow will be without 2 or 3 of their starters/key players since they are in the football playoffs this year.

I couldn't make it and my wife only watched the jv's. Perhaps gOrange can help us. I hate reading much into these early scrimmages anyway, good or bad

Neither team looked that great. Ellet looks like they're learning to play together still and just had a few miscommunications. Stow looked like they were missing a few ppl. Guys playing football still maybe? Pretty much what I expected both ways at this pt of the year. Both teams should be good by January I'm sure ����.

Neither team looked that great. Ellet looks like they're learning to play together still and just had a few miscommunications. Stow looked like they were missing a few ppl. Guys playing football still maybe? Pretty much what I expected both ways at this pt of the year. Both teams should be good by January I'm sure ����.

You are correct. 2 starters are still playing on the gridiron, plus one key reserve.

We looked much better vs Hoban & Cleveland Central Catholic. I wouldn't worry too much about Stow. Close always has them ready for the tournament and he's been beating the teams in the big side of the Suburban League for a qtr of a century, LOL

Not sure if anyone is paying attention, but was a lot of fun watching us beat Tallmadge. They played way better than I thought. I thought we would run away with it.

It was a good game last night. Ellet is very impressive but seemed to tire down the stretch. That junior class is very good and they look to have a very good season this year but could be even better next year.

Yep depth is finally a help and not a hindrance in Ellet. Does anyone know where Ellet plays tomorrow? I'm not at home, and I don't have an electronic schedule saved.

Yep depth is finally a help and not a hindrance in Ellet. Does anyone know where Ellet plays tomorrow? I'm not at home, and I don't have an electronic schedule saved.

The ORANGEMEN are home tomorrow vs Buchtel. ESPN will be in the building! I'm guessing ESPNU or ESPN 3. Either what great excitement for the players and school!!!

The ORANGEMEN are home tomorrow vs Buchtel. ESPN will be in the building! I'm guessing ESPNU or ESPN 3. Either what great excitement for the players and school!!!

lmao ESPNu or ESPN 3 what are you talking about:help::help::help::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lmao ESPNu or ESPN 3 what are you talking about:help::help::help::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

?? yes I was definitely mis-informed there buddy! Word was, they were coming because of AJ being ranked in the ESPN top 100! So sadly I bought into it??????✌✌✌!
Moving on, great game! AJ was phenomenal, the griffs had no answer for him! Smith is a very good compliment to AJ, he hits the boards, battles hard in the paint! I like this years Ellet team, the seem unselfish, and have great chemistry. I see a repeat!???????

Looks like it was a dominating win from the tip:
The Ellet boys basketball team is no longer an also-ran in the City Series.

Nope, not coach Mark Fisher and these Orangemen.

Instead, Ellet has become “the hunted” this season after winning the league regular season and postseason championships a season ago.

This year’s Ellet team is looking to win another league crown and have a deep run in the postseason.

Friday night, the host Orangemen were clicking on all cylinders in a 74-53 victory over the Buchtel Griffins inside Willoughby Gymnasium.

Read more:
http://www.ohio.com/sports/beaven/b...ers-orangemen-to-city-series-victory-1.647112

Pretty crappy loss at Kenmore. I was worried about a letdown after the Buchtel game. Officiating was highly questionable but good teams overcome that. Credit to the Cards, they played like they wanted it more.
In the grand scheme of things it won't mean much down the road if they learn from it. Big game Friday vs. Firestone.

Is it at Firestone or home tonight? Ya Kenmore has surprised a lot of people so far this season. Hopefully we get them in round two.