Elida Releases Veteran Boys Basketball Coach Denny Thompson

Powell gonna jump over to the much better job at Elida now?

What happened to Thompson happens all over the place. Board of Eds have misplaced priorities and most admins are weasels. It will eventually catch up with the coaching profession if it hasn't already. Bath and Elida both have a ton of dysfunction.

I am not really surprised by the news of Thompson being released having coworkers with kids on Elida's team. There certainly was dysfunction on the team. My coworker thought he would leave after getting his 200th win this season so I was surprised he isn't leaving by choice.

Elida is probably the better team over Bath but I heard a couple other reasons why Powell is going to Bath having to do with location and family.

Any internal candidates?

Was just having this discussion recently with people back home about Elida struggling this season BUT being a young squad. Thought to myself maybe it was just a matter of getting the youngsters some experience before Elida got back to prime form. Elida is a case study for all coaches both young and old that you are all expendable regardless of past success and how much time you've put into a community / school / program.

I don't necessarily have a dog in the fight, but for Elida to fire Denny Thompson is an absolute embarrassment. Shameful.

He got blindsided.

He still got hired to Coach Golf.

I've been told that they never let him know this was going to happen. Typical Administration move at Elida. They have been notorious for moves like this in the past.....

Facts for sure. Someone will take the job as usual and get beat down in a couple years. Only the good programs keep the continuity going for years !

Per Katie Gilhooly's twitter, they're supposed to be making the announcement tomorrow morning. They've scheduled a special board meeting for 5:00 tomorrow with the hiring of the basketball coach the only item on the agenda.

I'll be shocked if it isn't Matt Tabler.

Per Katie Gilhooly's twitter, they're supposed to be making the announcement tomorrow morning. They've scheduled a special board meeting for 5:00 tomorrow with the hiring of the basketball coach the only item on the agenda.

I'll be shocked if it isn't Matt Tabler.
If true does Powell take Perry job?