Elderberry to treat sinus infections and colds

JackEd

My kids seemingly each get one sinus infection a year. I have to take one to the doctors after school today for said ailment. A co-worker this morning suggested using Elderberry to combat these ailments. I found Elderberry gummies and drops online, my question is, is it to late if you're already sick or is this just the same as an antibiotic?

My kids seemingly each get one sinus infection a year. I have to take one to the doctors after school today for said ailment. A co-worker this morning suggested using Elderberry to combat these ailments. I found Elderberry gummies and drops online, my question is, is it to late if you're already sick or is this just the same as an antibiotic?
My wife swears by elderberry, and we have the gummies in our medicine cabinet. They can be used as both a preventative and a treatment. So if you already have symptoms, some studies have shown that they can be helpful in easing them - sometime significantly.

Pediatrician told me yesterday no to elderberry treatment for anyone under 13. Says it a laxative and diuretic, and youngsters may not be able to handle. So i guess if your looking to lose weight thats a go to.

I'm sensing facetiousness. :D

SERIOUSLY, where do you get them? Are they candy or are they medicine?

$10!!!

I'll check the Dollar Tree. Found this googlling.

$6 with additional benefits.
28851-MANISCHEWITZ-ELDERBERRY-w.png

Did you try a neti pot on your kids?
I don't know how effective a kid would be at using a neti pot, but if already sick I swear by them for managing and alleviating symptoms. Last year I had the worst sinus infection I've ever had, and the neti pot was the only thing I tried that made it at least tolerable at times.